Sign in to follow this  
Dec

Lupo wipers suck!! ;-p

Well....they don't really. They were excellent when I fist fit them!

But the blades themselves seem to have worn out in about 2 months :x :x

The way they are at the moment I was almost wishing I had my old arms + blades back :oops: :oops:

Anybody else had any wear problems with them?

Mine have been on for about 18months - still work perfect :)

There's another thread on here about Lupo wipers, and that your screenwash might cause 'em to deteriorate

hmmmmm.......that could be it so!......I foolishly put some tesco screenwash in a few months ago :oops: :oops:

I dunno...but I've been driving the car around West London since Oct...so it would be the acid rain here thats ruined them :-P :lol:

Yeah I rarely get a couple of months from mine..... even the dealer says they're shite and get loads of complaints about them.

I just put the old style blades on the Lupo arms when they start juddering, and they are miles better.

Mine have lasted a year so far. But the screen was replaced a few months before they were fitted. Could be less wear on newer glass?

Could be less wear on newer glass?

On my last G60 I had a pilkinson screen (( it must have been changed by a previous owner )), and the lupo wipers were no where near as effective as they should have been, apparently i'm not the only one that experienced that because I remember someone else saying the same in a previous thread.

mine have been on for 2 years and still work fine tbh :?

maybe you should have saved them for a rainy day ;)

Cr@p rubber / design is a lot to do with it...... the ONLY reason the lupo wipers are better than standard is because the arms actually allow the blades to touch the screen! It's got nothing to do with the aero blades what so ever, they are shite.

The best wipe, oo er, comes from using the lupo arms with standard blades. Slight modification of the metal blades is required but they certainly don't skip and judder after a month like the Poopo ones seem to.

mine have been on for 2 years and still work fine tbh :?

maybe you should have saved them for a rainy day ;)

Yeah but your car never gets driven anywhere! :lol:

Cr@p rubber / design is a lot to do with it...... the ONLY reason the lupo wipers are better than standard is because the arms actually allow the blades to touch the screen!

...and they look pretty :lol:

...and they look pretty

Funny, I always thought they looked weird before I got them, now I think standard ones look poo!

The aero 'blades on my Lupo wipers didn't last long either. Having said that, it's not bad enough for me to actually do anything about it.

...and they look pretty :lol:

LOL, I'd say they look more 'functional' than pretty :-) No one noticed them at the RR day, so they can't be that ugly ;-)

Is this mod really worth doing and can any one put of pics of how they look on the car compared to standard! I ahvent seen the difference before and its been so long since seeing my raddo loL!