Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

new coilovers for G60

right got an easy one for you! due to the fact im going to be using differnt wheels throughout the year (different sizes) i need a set of coilovers so i can adjust the height got about £500 what do you recommend ? can get em fitted for free as my missus dad owns his own garage ! any recommendations ?

I would also consider the weitec's again fully adjustable and better build quailty with increased anti corroision properties...A big issue on uk roads in my opinion..

I'm selling my FK Silverlines soon (same as FK Highsport but stainless steel, so they won't rust), only been on my car for 150 miles!

£420+post.

if i had to do it all again it would be KW Varient 2's

I totally agree yet unfortunatly these can not be supplied for the budget the guy has to spend. Hence the recomendation for the wietecs as there owned by KW also

yeah i do have a budget unfortunatly, was going to go down to g-werks and go for a few saucy items and get my charger done, but went for an MOT last week and i had a precautionary on slightly worn shocks, and they are only crappy shocks and springs so i want something posh and that i can change around when i go from 16's to 17's and back again ! and i dont want something thats going to rust so konigsports or weitecs sound good. i suppose it comes down to ride comfort then. any ideas which are harder ? obviously depends on wheel and tyres but i dont want something that will shake my teeth out on surreys roads (potholes etc!)

mine had the cheaper supersports (i think) fitted when i got it and they are a very hard ride. would like to get a better quality set some when.

I'm much liking my FK Silverline X's - Same as the Konigsports but made of stainless steel so don't corrode like the Konigsports

As stated the supersports are rubbish, two of mine had started losing their oil by about 5000 miles. After two years and about 9000 miles they were scrap. not good at all..

If you are going to go the FK Koni route I strongly advise that you get the Silverlines, I have the Konigsport and they need regular checking and greasing up to prevent corrosion as Darren stated.

Recently had to buy 4 new locking disks/adjusting disks and these cost me £40 for 4 so spending that little more is worth it long run.

I would also consider the weitec's again fully adjustable and better build quailty with increased anti corroision properties...A big issue on uk roads in my opinion..

Agreed, especially on the nearside where most of the crap on the roads lives. The threads on both my nearside ones are MUCH stiffer than the offside ones.... nearside top mount wears out quicker too as that's the side that, again, has the most bumps.

There is more than one Weitec distributor in the UK, like one that has been importing and plugging them for ten years.

There is more than one Weitec distributor in the UK, like one that has been importing and plugging them for ten years.

so how much are they? :D

£574.74 from G-Werks (including 5orum discount!) well thats the price on the website anyway!

Can give a good recommendation for the Weitecs. My old silverlines died very quick, to quote Darren 'They're completly shagged and are the worst ive ever seen' couldn't of been on the car for more than 18 months too. no oil left in them, and all the bump stops were cracked.

"Corrado 53i 9/88- 40mm/70mm 18280005 £604.99", the (modified) cut and paste from their site and we give all club Corrado members a 5 percent

discount as well so we are cheaper, although we shouldn't be. The agreed principle set out by KW UK was that all dealers would sell at the same price apart from offering their established discounts to clubs, that whole idea didn't take long to get forgotten.