Sign in to follow this  
matth76

Front polybushes...good or bad mod?

Is it unwise to get the rear polybushes done... and just leave them standard? Will fitting polybushes to the front wishbone however improve the "communication" from the steering to the driver? I feel as standard the steering is a bit "vague" and mushy! My car is a golf vr6 by the way so may be slightly different to the rado... just wondered if any had experience of these products?

The general consensus is to go for polys up front to sharpen the steering and OE at the back to keep the suppleness and passive rear steering - have a search mate, it's been discussed rather a lot!

The mushiness is partly to do with the Golf's tamer (than the Corrado's) camber settings. You can get better turn-in and more feel by running -0.8 to -1 degrees.

Poly bushes are OK but they can creak under braking if not lubed properly and certain road surfaces can allow a little more vibration into the cabin, but not a huge amount.

The best compromise I've seen are the Vibratechnics rear wishbone bushes, which are still rubber, but a completely different design to the OE ones. Much stronger but no increase in vibration at all. A lot of people don't notice the vibration poly can create, but I do, which is why I don't use it.

Stealth mate. Getting some more fitted on the 24th to replace my standards... they're excellent. You really feel the difference mid bend and when braking and they have none of the disadvantages of poly.

You getting front and rear wishbone bushes Kev? Any idea on prices or where I can find out?

Is it unwise to get the rear polybushes done... and just leave them standard? Will fitting polybushes to the front wishbone however improve the "communication" from the steering to the driver? I feel as standard the steering is a bit "vague" and mushy! My car is a golf vr6 by the way so may be slightly different to the rado... just wondered if any had experience of these products?

slightly different?

i went from a golf vr to the rado vr mate, and believe me they are a world apart. especially with regard to the front end/steering.

you're absolutely right - the golf feels about 3 times more 'vague and mushy' than the rado.

i reckon you should trade her in for a C :)