Sign in to follow this  
ChesterBTM

Corrado's and rust

mines rusty on the nearside rear innerarch bloody annoying too! its all down to the previous owner just letting tyres rub through the sealant and badly rolled arches! but its all sorted now and wont get any worse as it will never be wet for very long being a second very well cared for car!

The seller won't know what's hit him now when you turn up and start talking about single side electro galvanised panels! :lol:

Good luck with the viewing

those pics are wicked m8 8)

has the filler cap area been mentioned?

is this a possible rust area?

its just that on a couple ive removed the metal ring and popped the rubber boot back to find the area absolutely jam packed with wet mud :shock:

worth a look/clean out i think...

Neil.

I took a screenshot of this for selbekk :D

thank you, what a nice gesture! here's your car photochopped ;)

A couple of weeks ago I got rid of some rust on the underside of the car! It wasnt that bad and Im sure most people wouldnt of bothered,and I wish I never now taking me pretty much all day! It was located on the main frame which you may jack the car from sometimes .It has a large hole either side of the car which I think modern cars now have these plugged with bungs.

The water had got up there and got in under the body seal around the edges of the holes. I picked the seal back to expose all the rust and removed with kurust and wire wheel.After removing the rust I primed it with hammerite rust prevention primer and then sealled it with the waxoyl seal stuff ,which collected alot of grit on the motorway home from my parents!

Apart from that just a bit under the battery due to leakage from the old one!

I dont think rust is a problem with rados! I would just watch out for what milege you go for and ask if the nessary has been carried out e.g (100,000mls chains and tensioners VR6 ) (70,000 miles g lander rebuild G60) etc !

radiator cross member!! They rot like you wouldn't believe and cost about £450 from VW or £ 260 from GPC. Bought one myself after a fruitless search for a decent secondhand one. Lot of people re-powder/hammeright their old one rather than replace it, so watch out for that.