Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

face lift

Hi all

I see stuff on Ebay such as indicators new boxed then it will say pre or post face lift. What is the dif. I have a 92 G60 on a J plate. Being as new indicators would be nice what am I looking for.

Cheers

You'll have a late Corrado or post face lift car.

Cahngeover was during '91 and included

Bulge in center of bonnet and rounded leading edge Bluge: ___-------___ as opposed to -----_____-----

Wider wings (both Bonnet and wings to give it a 'more aggressive stance' apparently inline with VR (I prefer older look!)

Fogs and Indicator sit flush with bumper as opposed to indented.

These are the main cosmetic differences although there are plenty of mechanical etc

Sam, i think change over is 92? as mine is a 92 j plate with early everything.

However, theres many threads on this on the search 2_Door_fun, !

hmmm ...i have a H'reg and it has a late bonnet and wings......just to throw a spanner in your theory

and it's never been in an accident?

I did notice that yesterday Valerian, obviously your car has had a little bump and been repaired with the wrong panels ( like mine !)

i have seen C that look spot on and have all sorts of pannels. maybe they have been in crashes but i suspect that vw did a bit of random styling with what they had left :lol: AHving said that i would say that it is mor early parts on late cars than the otherway round..

hahahaha

Q: all right mate just to let you no volkswagen no longer make the chargers any more and only had 2 left when i got one over 12 months ago.. so your parts are like rocking horse shit..

14-Mar-06

A: Thanks for your comment, do you mind me asking how much you paid? Volkswagen quoted me £2400 inc VAT!! Thanks, Dean

Gotta love it when they get their friends to ask interesting questions like that ;)

I thought the description was interesting, like the fact he advertises a charger, then goes on to describe it as a 'badly worn and used charger belt'?!? cheeky munt!!

Sam, i think change over is 92? as mine is a 92 j plate with early everything.

However, theres many threads on this on the search 2_Door_fun, !

Well cheers for the replys.

I have early bonnet and recessed indicators and fogs???

Am I being told off there bristolbaron :lol:

hmmm ...i have a H'reg and it has a late bonnet and wings......just to throw a spanner in your theory

and it's never been in an accident?

Can't answer that one for definate but i have seen quite few h'reg models with later bonnets.

I'de rest my money on the reason being that VW used whatever panels they had during the swap from non facelift to facelift.....as most other manufacturers do.

In regards to my C .....i'de agree it's had a front end repair at some time....but it still raises the point that any C could have either bonnet....crash repair or not.

VW only designed the later bonnet due to the fact that the VR6 engine was too big for the earlier wings/bonnet, so the later (humped) bonnets didn't exist untill 1992 to my knowledge.

I've never seen a late car with an early bonnet, apart from once there was a dodgy storm on ebay, which somehow had a early bonnet..but other than that never.

mines an april 92 g60,and has late bonnet/bumper/wings/fogs etc...

never been in an accident or anything,and all panels etc look original.

would be interesting to see a list/database showing years and early/late specs maybe? :oops:

Neil.

Yeah, all 3 1992 g60's i've had have been late front ends, it was the cross-over year, so anything from before 92 won't have the late front end unless it's been replaced at some point.

Did they introduce the late interior in 1992 as well or was that slightly later ???

I have a 1992 ‘k’ Reg with late exterior and early interior :?

Yep, the late interior came after the late exterior.

No G60 came with the late interior.

EDIT--Nor did any 1.8 16v's have a late interior for that matter

I emailed the fella selling the lights saying there WAY over priced, and i think i have upset him, this is the response i got . .

Hi Andy you fancy doing a straight swap on them for your Corrado???

Ha, what are you, Ebay price fairy?

MWAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, all 3 1992 g60's i've had have been late front ends, it was the cross-over year, so anything from before 92 won't have the late front end unless it's been replaced at some point.

ahh,cool :)