gradeAfailure

The Suspension Discussion Thread

i have a set of KW1's sat here, hoping to get them all fitted by end of the week. Goldie has recommended them and others who have been in the car seemed impressed (from what i've read)

i'm still not convinced that the front of my car will be higher than it is now (main reason for buying them)

i'm still not convinced that the front of my car will be higher than it is now (main reason for buying them)

It will be what ever you set it to.

Why is it so low at the front now? What kit have you got on it at the moment?

3corsemeal - when you bought the shocks/springs are you sure they sent springs for a VR? I once got some shocks and springs and once fitted the front was really low for a -40mm drop. Turns out i had been sent valver/g60 springs which are different as they are lighter on the front to a VR.

that may well have happened, but would of been quite unlucky for it to happen twice, i did check the boxes and both times it said VR 92> etc

1st i got the weitec ones, 2nd Pi ones, now got KW1's and they seem even shorter :!:!:!:! (check separate thread)

quick question guys, when taking off original strut n spring to replace with coilovers do u have to put the metal cup that sits in between the rubber top mount on top of the coilovers or can u just fit them into the top mounts? thanks :)

Has anyone come across these -product_coilover.png[/attachment:3m1yglhr]

Yes, i'll have a set for sale v.soon. I dont know if its cos they're cheap coilovers or whether its that i dont like the feel of coilovers. But i found the ride too hard for the roads where i am.

iv got KW V3's ready to be fitted. has anyone fitted any of these themselves?

there is loads to do setting them up, i was just wondering if is easy enough to do yourself

well pleased with them though, solid and good looking kit

just a quick question. I bought a 2nd hand set of H&R springs and shocks from here. Fitted them last weekend. However, i noticed on the front shocks that i was able to push the strut in by hand. It does take a bit of force to push it in, but should i be able to push the strut in at all, by hand? Are the struts knackered?

Thanks

Gaz

i read on here somewhere that the lower you go with certain coilover kits, H&R to name but one, that the ride quality actually improves, surely that cant be right? can someone confirm this for me.

cheers

chris

just a quick question. I bought a 2nd hand set of H&R springs and shocks from here. Fitted them last weekend. However, i noticed on the front shocks that i was able to push the strut in by hand. It does take a bit of force to push it in, but should i be able to push the strut in at all, by hand? Are the struts knackered?

Thanks

Gaz

Can anyone help me with this?

i think thats kind of true in way, as i've got mine set pretty high and most of the spring is compressed, whereas if i lowered the car more, the spring would be more unwound, if that makes sense

they seem to work backwards to a lowering spring kit

Thanks

Gaz

Can anyone help me with this?[/quote:yne6rdpo]

not sure about that, i think as long as they return its ok, as when i bought new shocks they hard the strong plastic tape compressing the shock rod down so it fitted in a smaller box

Yeah they do return. But my previous FK set the strut was harder to push in by hand, though not impossible. This set was easier to push in but still took a some effort. Can you buy shockers in pairs - front OR back?

i think thats kind of true in way, as i've got mine set pretty high and most of the spring is compressed, whereas if i lowered the car more, the spring would be more unwound, if that makes sense

i do agree with you, as mine are the same the higher you go the more you compressed the spring becomes so the lower you go the more unwound the better, but surely then the damper is lower, so your get less damping?

i read on here somewhere that the lower you go with certain coilover kits, H&R to name but one, that the ride quality actually improves, surely that cant be right? can someone confirm this for me.

cheers

chris

i do agree with you, as mine are the same the higher you go the more you compressed the spring becomes so the lower you go the more unwound the better, but surely then the damper is lower, so your get less damping?

also, i know this sound crazy but im sure im getting a better ride comfort from my 17's than my standard 15'in speedlines, has anybody else experienced this?

cheers

chris

oh and does anybody else experience the fact that the rear end is alot firmer than the front (the front coilovers on mine you would never know it had been lowered thats how go they are)

im running H&R streetstyle coilovers btw

many thanks

chris

Hi,

I've been having a look into some suspension out of necessity, but with a budget of around the 200 quid mark, I'm not in the market for any coilovers etc!

I don't think I really go anywhere or do anything that makes me think I need to spend too much as I've been fine with the standards for the last 4 years! :lol:

Does anyone have an opinion on "FK AKX Suspension kit 35-40mm" as seen on Venom for about £170?

Or what are "JOM" coilovers like?

Will this be marginally better than standard in terms of handlings, but still ok for comfort?

Thanks, Rich.

I have a set of std shocks & springs that have just come off my car - would you be intrested?? Im not far from you either.....