gradeAfailure

The Suspension Discussion Thread

Koni TA, i assume it stood for top adjustable (damping) as there was a dial you could use on the top to adjust the damping rate to suit....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a girl on FB from Frome selling some parts and she had a new unused B12 kit for sale. It was slightly cheaper than waiting for a deal. I think the kit was in Manchester. Gemma Chandley is her name. Forget which Corrado page I saw them on. Possibly Corrado chat? Might be worth a shout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say I was pretty pleased with the AP coilovers I put on mine prior to selling it. I'm sure of course that something like the B12 kit would have overall been higher quality, but the AP's bolted right up with no problems and rode nicely. Can't comment on what the longevity would have been like but for the price I was very happy.

I’m on Bilstien B12 Pro. The handling is exceptional. The car has dropped by about 2-3cm only. Highly recommend. Just ensure you get the right top mounts etc.

Which part number for the B12 Pro kit, please? There are 2 on the website that come up for the VR6?

46-190093 and 46-190109

Which top mounts are needed?

It’s part no ending 109 for the Vr6’s. I checked when I purchased mine.

Thank you.

Do you know about the top mounts, what do I need?

Just changed the top mounts, bearings and bump stops on the front. Had to loosen the driver side top mount nut a little as the bush wasn't centred in the strut turret. So this means the spring top plate is now not all the way down. It was fitted by compressing the spring first and then lining the plate up with the end of the spring. Now it will be 5 or 6mm higher. Will this be detrimental at all or nothing to worry about?

Thanks

Hasan

Mine are like this as well. B12 kit, new bushes etc.

Seems fine but dont know what causes them to rise a bit over stock suspension.

Had the same on a mk4 golf where I installed bikstein b4 shocks and h&r springs - 5mm gap.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I don't think the corrado has shims from memory but on all other cars I've owned they had different size shims for a bit of play in drop. 

There is only one solution to have great suspension and the desired stance and this is the b14. It is not cheap but not too expensive (as the KW) but all your problems will be solved. After trying any spring/damper combination possible and never been happy I got the b14 and been happy as can be. My other Corrado is on KW which is also great. Both are spring adjustable so you can play with the gaps at will.