Sign in to follow this  
pkripper

Orbital car polishers

Fancy one of these to take a bit of the strain off polishing. Are they any good, if so which is the one to get, I have seen ones that plug into the car and mains ones, plus Maguires do a battery one. Or is it just better to use a bit of elbow grease.

i brought a pc (porter cable) from the states , its ace

you can read em about on these sites, megs call it a g100

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/index.php

http://autopia.org/forum/index.php?

the general word is the battery one ok for wax on wax off, but no man enough to remove any defects like swirls etc...btw the megs one is a rebranded one, you can get for about £30

yeah i brought one & they are well good for taking the ease out of polishing is unbelievble! ive heard that meguiars one is well good but expensive! let us know how you get on!

I only brought mine from woolworths home brand and its fine but if you get a better one i may invest in a better one too!

Coz of the constant rotation the extra shine will amaze you over hand buffing also instead of 5hours it will take you about 40mins! definately worth it!

I got one from Screwfix - not too expensive either.

On balance I think it has been worth getting. (Your arms don't half get sore without power tools when you are knocking on a bit.)

What you trying to say. Ive cut down as well. :oops:

Bring in the ban. Only way I will give up :onfire:

Im sure i saw a Meguires one in Halfords for £30 last week that was battery operated, but went back to have another look and it was gone. Didnt want to get a mains one with too much guts in case it goes wrong, they had a car battery powered one for £15.99. Might go to another Halfords tomorrow if the weather is OK see if the Maguires one exists.

This multi stage car waxing is a bit taxing, worth it though.

Im sure i saw a Meguires one in Halfords for £30 last week that was battery operated, but went back to have another look and it was gone. Didnt want to get a mains one with too much guts in case it goes wrong, they had a car battery powered one for £15.99. Might go to another Halfords tomorrow if the weather is OK see if the Maguires one exists.

This multi stage car waxing is a bit taxing, worth it though.

Get a mains one, I can't see a battery powered one having enough balls/speed personally

These can create alot more mess than hand polishing, but fine to use at slow speed with wax's (wldnt use compounds unless you sure what to do though) but yep indeedy reduces the elbow grease.

can believe mods are talking drugs on a public forum.... tut tut tut

SAY NO TO DRUGS

There was no mention of drugs?...I just said smoke more bongs..:lol:

I would NEVER advocate the use of illegal substances :nono:

No no..I was just suggesting that Tim tries smoking his fags through a bong for a bit, that'll be sure to put him off :wink:

This thread has gone slightly off topic now though :lol:

Walesy, u wanna borrow this m8 28216324990.gif we all agree drugs are bad!!!

back on topic,wheres the best place to get one of these polishers?goin into town tomorrow think i'll have a butchers for one

Aldi for a cheap mains powered one on thurs that you can take back and get a full refund for, for any reason. Or a 'Porter Cable' from america, which is over £100 once you've got the convertor etc, but it is the dogs danglies!