Sign in to follow this  
tomlin100

Newbie & bought an old Corrado press car

Hello everyone, I've just joined up to the site after watching it for a few weeks and found some very good information.

I've also just bought one of the old press cars this week off ebay. I probably paid too much for it and will also end up spending too much on it but thought what the hell nothing ventured nothing gained. The car came with loads of history including a letter from VW detailing the car with pictures of it being tested on Pendine sands by Jeremy Clarkson - don't know iff that will add or subtract to the value :?

Anyway I'll post some pictures up when i get time and keep you posted as to my plans when time & money allow.

Don't want to add fuel to the fire as this has been discussed in detail but which exhaust is best for the very early 1.8 16V's as mine will need replacing soon.

Hello and welcome to the forum... your car has been discussed on here in the ebay section recently! You'll also find that one of our users - 16V also has one of the press cars so will probably be very interested in your new C 8)

as far as exhausts go you could start hereorhere for some good/bad experiences and suppliers...

Hiya mate, welcome to the forum.

If "Blunderland" is Sunderland , then you've got a long way to go to pick the car up :shock: :)

Welcome... :D

Better check that the rails for the drivers seat havent been welded in further back if the clarkson drove it...

Welcome... :D

Better check that the rails for the drivers seat havent been welded in further back if the clarkson drove it...

... and a dent in the roof....

Congrats on the purchase. Glad to see you've signed up here so quickly!

To be honest a lot of us felt that the seller was trying to ask a little much for the car considering that it needed a bit of work doing on it, but its a nice piece of Corrado history and cool that we now know where 2 of the old press cars are! :)

Welcome to the forum - enjoy your stay! :D

Welcome to The Forum matey...

Good to know another one of the original UK corrados is still around... 8)

dunno, I think it was around 6 for the launch...

Originally, yup, but there were some later ones in other colours (a yellow G60 and a blue VR6 spring to mind straight away...)

Thanks Henny, next question... ;)

Would the VR6 one come before or after the Campaign?

probably before... Although the press articles I've seen don't show the numberplate, so I can't say that 100%...

I think there was a silver g60 press car

EDIT-- ..just remembered that's because of that top gear episode with Tiff :lol:

the VR that was driven by Richard Hammond in the 'future classic' thingy on Top Gear, who owns that one?

Silly question, maybe! But how come this car is still up on Ebay :scratch:

Clicky

(assuming that not many of these come up on ebay, and that this is the same car)

I think there was a silver g60 press car

EDIT-- ..just remembered that's because of that top gear episode with Tiff :lol:

yup, left hooker, and it was registered before those red 16vs!

Thanks for all the comments and welcomes, the car i bought was originally on ebay a couple of weeks ago and from south shields.

The car that's currently up for sale in cornwall is another press car just two numbers up from mine.

From the details i have there were seven original press cars, registrations F238BVV to F245BVV and all were red. I'm sure there would have been G60 and VR6 press cars but these were the original 16V ones.

the VR that was driven by Richard Hammond in the 'future classic' thingy on Top Gear, who owns that one?

That would be Nick_Micouris's car I believe: link to thread. Unfortunately the images were linked and have gone.