Sign in to follow this  
duckeh

duckeh's Grey 16v Corrado

Hey All,

The name's John, I'm from the Republic of Ireland. Not Posted really on the forum but been reading topics for over a year!

Here are some pictures of my Corrado which I've owned for over 2 years.

It's a Metallic Grey 1.8 16v which I hope to someday uprate to a chipped 1.8t 20v but if a good vr6 lump comes my way I will do that.

I like the original corrado design so I have done few mods, however...

Here's the list of work I've done SO FAR:

Full Respray (Removed useless plastic side skirting)

Replaced Headlights (cost €400 from VW!!!)

Replaced gearknob with a carbonfibre/aluminium one

Replaced rear ugly grey badge with a spanking new chrome one (today!)

Replaced Battery

Replaced Head gasket (Skimmed Head..gone through 2 of em :( )

Replaced Fusebox

Uprated Wiring Loom (didn't help really....input anyone?)

17" Compomotive RL-Silver with Toyo 205/40 tyres (recently replaced front 2 tyres with federal 205/40's)

Sony Flip head unit and 4 6x9's

album_pic.php?pic_id=1430

UPCOMING mods:

Rieger Style Chrome Grill (see pics...should arrive in post tomorrow will post more pics of it then!)

Clear Rear Lights (maybe??...input??)

Xenon Headlight bulbs replacement

Leather Retrim (when I start working full time to pay for it 8)

Any opinions or input on suggested mods would be great and let me know what you think of my Corrado! :)

Cheers!

Oh yeah forgot to mention I just this weekend put on a KW Suspension Kit! (NOT Lowered)

Here are some pics of the upcoming mods/mods done!

looks nice mate,but it needs lowering a bit

Thanks man, I have 4 brand new KW -40 springs but chose against putting em on because of the shite roads in Ireland! I do agree that lowering it would indeed make it sexier tho... :!:

I love those wheels!

With respect to the suspension, I've just fitted a Weitec -35mm/0mm kit to my 1.8 16v and I'd say the ride is actually better than it was with the standard suspension. Since it's only slightly lowered I only touch the front spoiler if I come across a particularly steep speed bump. I can recommend the kit and I'm normally very critical of aftermarket suspension.

Very nice mate, grey Corrados are the best IMO and yours looks sweet. I would definately get it lowered a little though ;)

nice car , 8) same colour as mine too.

would lower it though, i dropped mine only 30 but makes a big difference and if the road is cack that im on i just drop the speed abit to make it smoother.

Cheers for all the comments dudes!

I think I'll throw on the lowered springs over the next few days and see how it feels...

As regards the chrome grill and rear lights? Any opinions there?

I should have the grill tomorrow and will post pics of it on! On anything other than a grey/black corrado I think it'd look bad but I'm curious myself to see how it turns out on mine.

Still undecided bout lighting too, oh wel!l :o

P.S who are the best manufacturers for the custom rear Corrado lighting anywho?

Like the lights but I'm not sure about the grill. In the favour of the grill it won't need painting before you can put it on but against is that it may be too much bling :?

Good luck

I love those wheels!

With respect to the suspension, I've just fitted a Weitec -35mm/0mm kit to my 1.8 16v and I'd say the ride is actually better than it was with the standard suspension. Since it's only slightly lowered I only touch the front spoiler if I come across a particularly steep speed bump. I can recommend the kit and I'm normally very critical of aftermarket suspension.

Im Glad it met your expectations. These kits have surpassed all my expectations also.

Like the lights but I'm not sure about the grill. In the favour of the grill it won't need painting before you can put it on but against is that it may be too much bling :?

Good luck

Hehe thought so myself bout the "bling" :D

Well it cost around €100 off ebay so won't cry too hard if I don't like it but I do think that a Grey Corrado is capable of handling a bit of shinyness due it's generally very dull appearance... getting nervous bout putting it on now :-P

Welcome to another member from this side of the Channel, Nice looking C, have been thinking about this colour myself recently. Not sure about the grill either but you can only try :)

I love those wheels!

Im Glad it met your expectations. These kits have surpassed all my expectations also.

lol...I should take this opportunity to credit Darren for the recommendation. My only gripe is that the rear spring platform needs to be altered by one position from the factory setting to maintain a level ride height. Mine's sitting a bit high at the rear right now! I reckon it can be adjusted without removing the struts but we'll see.

The yellow springs are the KW lowering ones that I jave yet to put on, the pictures on teh car are the KW shocks with new standard springs...

Grill didn't arrive yet :o( Was hoping it'd be here yesterday!

P.S When I took the pics at the start of this thread everyone said it needed lowering. That was the first day the new springs/shocks were on and now, after a couple days driving it seems the car has gotten lower with a bit of wear!

Is that possible?

Attached the grill this evening! It's a shock at first but its definitely growing on me already... looks sh*t in pictures imo and in evening with flash in camera but it'll give you an idea, will take more in full daylight tmrw!

P.S anyone fitted this style of grill before?I'm having trouble figuring out where to fasten the grill with the screws... i think its thru the tabs but maybe someboy has input??

Cheers,

John

P.P.S gotta wash the car it got wrecked behind a truck today :( covered in dirt! I think when the car's cleaned up and shiny the grill will look much more appropriate also!

Please, spray ;)

Whatever floats ya boat tho

Agreed. Needs to body colour but if you like it, then who are we to judge.