Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Whos Lights?

Being looking at some lights but decided against it due to possible legal issues, then after searching I found these. Is this something which a competant bodyshop could do? I would hope so.

Really like them and should be no MOT or police probs.

There is a guide somewhere that has pictures showing you how to tint the lights like that with the pinstriping. I have a feeling it might be on the CCC forum or Vortex tho.

I would have thought all you need to do that is get a roll of thin masking tape and carefully mask off a few stripes before painting

I would have thought all you need to do that is get a roll of thin masking tape and carefully mask off a few stripes before painting

^^ Exactly :lol:

You don't need to be a member to search their forums ;)

And there's a Search button at the top of every page on here ;)

It's easy enough to do it your self mate... took this from one of my previous posts -

Found the all telling thread fortinting lights This will give you all the tips on doing it your self and also has a link to the Canadian 'how to'...

oh and if you're looking for a quick answer for the striping then use halfords 'go faster stripes' a small roll of this stuff is ideal for masking the lines and the right thickness too 8)

It's more OEM+ than FK's or InPro's... I did my own all reds but am using my FK's as I think they look way better! It does go to show that it's all about your own taste at the end of the day 8)

(Also think the half smoke FK's suit the colour of my car better than all reds and may not work on other colours)

Pah! I want someone to make the decision for me so I can blame them when I don't like it!

As Walsey says - it's your car, so you gotta decide. There's no point in asking us lot a load of questions about what we do and don't like. We'll maybe see your car 5 or 6 times a year at meets, tops. But you're the one that's got to drive and see the thing on a daily basis.

IIRC that specific picture was Asim's VR. He did them himself. Nice tidy job. Think he sold them on when he put the car back to standard though, not sure.

As stated above, just a job of applying masking tape carefully and peeling it off before the paint dries too hard, then apply a good clear lacquer coat over the top.

There's no point having your car looking OEM+ just for the sake of having it looking OEM+! ...If I was you , i'd just do what you want to your car regardless of trend etc ..Feck what anyone else thinks.

If you want tinted rear lights then tint them! :lol: ..If you don't then don't ..it seems weird to only do what the majority of people on here think you should :)

EDIT--oh, beaten to it , well what Dinkus said ^^

:cry: I just want to be popular! :cry:

I'm just trying to avoid any chavness on my C. Others opinions are the only think to keep me in check!

Aye, at the end of the day its my decision.

I am getting my speedy's done in gun metal grey this week so I am trying to be different!

I have the all red rear lights - tinted with the savage paint, which i did myself. I bought a second set of lights and tinted those for fear of cocking up my original ones. I didnt put any paint on the reverse lights which i believe is fine. I have green indicator bulbs which make the indicator look orange too.

I havent had any issues with the fuzz, but if i do, i can change them easily. Id like some FK's, but money is always an issue, and i thought/hoped this was an un-chavvy thing to do, and looks slightly different without spending an arm and a leg.

You can pick up a set on the bay for hardly anything. And the paints only a tenner too. If it looks good, you'll have that satisfaction of knowing you did it. If they look 5hit then you havent wasted loads of dosh.

Erm hello?!

Has anyone every heard of a little thing called a Wiki?? Sometimes I don't know why I bother with you lot... ;) :lol:

ardandy, if you're going to do it, I would advise doing the thin stripes as my lights are not flashing very orange at the moment! Just follow my guide but when masking, use some really thin craft masking tape as well.