Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

how to convert 4 to 5 stud hubs

soon as. cant believe the old bearings. only changed 2 1/2 years ago. but absolutly shot. car feels so much better for it.

soon as. cant believe the old bearings. only changed 2 1/2 years ago. but absolutly shot. car feels so much better for it.

Got mine done last month, can't believe how nice the car feels now...

Like driving a new car! (think they were proper shagged when I had them replaced!)

Now just need to sort out the 1001 other things that are wrong with it...

bazza im with is there anyway the old holes could be welded back in and then the new ones drilled! would make me feel a bit better that it wouldnt crack! into the old hole as the wheels do thake a lot of stick!

My front bearings only lasted 2 years aswell, but they were GSF natty ones. I hope the VAG replacements last longer!

they where ecp ones. multi drill disc are ok. there loads of space between the holes.

i was going to use tt discs. but didn't.

Time to bump an old'ish thread!

So to convert to five stud on the front its literally:

VR6 CV's, hubs, wheel bearings, and discs?

And on the back its just brake discs isn't it?

Sounds stupid but I really am thinking about doing this simply because I want to be able to fit VR6 speedlines to my car - my favourite wheels ever! Are there any offset issues? Would Speedo's poke out or sit too far into the arches because the 2.0 16v runs different (non-plus) suspension to the VR6?

Cheers.

i thought you had to use the 5stud wishbone,roll bar and ball joint as the balljoint is different? obviously not :lol:

If you use vr bearing housings on a narrow wishbone, the wheel will not be centered in the wheel arch. Been there done it. Changed to a narrow track to fit porsche wheels and brembos. Vr on narrow wishbones. Wheel sits 40 mill back. g60 on wide wishbones. 40 mill forward. Just change the cv and hub for 5 stud.

If you use vr bearing housings on a narrow wishbone, the wheel will not be centered in the wheel arch. Been there done it. Changed to a narrow track to fit porsche wheels and brembos. Vr on narrow wishbones. Wheel sits 40 mill back. g60 on wide wishbones. 40 mill forward. Just change the cv and hub for 5 stud.[/quote

thats all you have to do.. as illustrated

i think that is correct but also there is little point in using vr6 dics. they are only 288mm. but if you used the whole vr6 hub assemby you could use audi tt 312 dics and i belive calipers.- hopfully someone on here will correct me- i dont own a vr. i used brembo 305mm discs from the seat ibiza range and re drilled the holes on my g60.. blimy this is an old thread

Thanks mate, but i think the early VR6s are 280mm?, i've been searching on Vortex forums about it too.

Yeah it is an old thread, damn handy though !