Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

Cheap Lupo wiper replacement

Don't know if this has been covered before so sorry if it has.... :wink:

If you want to replace the blades of your Lupo wipers and don't fancy paying out near £15 a blade then here is an alternative...sort of.

I went down to my local car factors and bought two 24" wiper blade inserts (just the rubber)

Pop the end cover off the lupo wiper blade, one side has a tag that needs to be bent up and slide out the old blade and cut it to the right length of the original,slide it back in ,bend the tag down and clip the end cover on.

That's it..£2.30 and it works great no more Juddering ! 8)

I also fixed my heater fan motor by using a LDV fan unit !!

How come I took out the fan in my Raddo and it was manufactured by Valeo and its made in France !!

The LDV is made in GB but the fan is Bosch Made in Germany !

Go Figures.......

CorradoVR6-n.o.s, Do you have a part number for the LDV fan?

How much did it cost? Top tips!

CorradoVR6-n.o.s, Do you have a part number for the LDV fan?

How much did it cost? Top tips!

It was not a straight swap over,but I used the motor inside the LDV one + the spindle was bigger so the fan blade had to be drilled out to suit.. thats it !

It was a new spare one lying about the workshops,but I will find out price first as it may not be any cheaper than a new one from GSF :wink:

I am going to go get me some wiper inserts. Awesome tip mate. My Lupo wipers were great when I first fitted them, but now they judder like mad. You can't actually buy the blades on their own from VW you have to buy the whole arm+blade. So this is a major bonus. Top work fella :) 8)

Jay

Jay - you can by the blades from VAG like any other car - usually in stock too!

Interested in these inserts - what are they actually called?

Jay - you can by the blades from VAG like any other car - usually in stock too!

Interested in these inserts - what are they actually called?

They are called "wiper blade inserts"just ask for that they should know what it is,if not I will get hold of a make and part Number.....sod it I will get details on Tuesday :wink:

mmm- be interested if you could get these from VAG- I did the mod and it was dead easy but I think my wiper insert was a cheapo one maybe. It had a hard plastic sleeve at the top which I had to remove which then left me with a blade that was a tad thinner in depth than the one which came off- it still fitted OK but didn't cure the judders :?

Ooh thinking on- I'm in Durham on Friday- which motor factors was it James?

yes there is a knack- take a small flat bladed screwdriver and put it behind the end of the end cap (ie so the flat of the screwdriver is pushing against the back of the flat end piece if that makes sense).

Then hold the blade in one hand and push the end cap using the screwdriver in the other hand- it just flies off the end)

Its LTA (Langley tyre and auto)Mike,the replacement blades are thinner at the top were they slide in but it doesn't matter at all,as for juddering cured mine.

The inserts you got may be old,as this is not a common thing to be asked for they could have been sitting on the shelf to long?

Thanks for the top tip. I got a set of replacement blades from Helfrauds today. Snip snip, woosh woosh.

No more juddering.

think its about time i did the lupo wipers mod :lol:

Yeah me too, bit pricey just to upgrade the wipers - £70, oh well gotta be done.

Its the best, Being able to see in wet motorway conditions is worth more than a full tank of fuel and a greasy Petrol station sandwich.

Do it, and see the future!