Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

A few more jobs done today

Have to admit that the Nugget is the only car I've ever owned that I will never ever sell, just about the perfect car to me

I would be quite happy with that little lineup thanks!! :)

very nice.

I used to follow a nugget yellow C into Oxford alot of mornings on my way to uni.

never found out who's it was, that was back in 96

Spent a weekend and a half really getting the Nugget clean, fully clayed, followed by numerous Sonus products, sealed with Jetseal109 and topped with Chemical Guys 50/50 wax. All wheels were removed and arches cleaned, wheels cleaned, waxed and sealed front and rear, chrome rocker cover fitted, engine bay and underside of bonnet cleaned

Very nice. But looking at your sig......... you passat synchro looks exactly like another rado in the pics ;)

Saw this today at Stanford, looks even better in the flesh. I didn't say who I was but I asked you about the scuttle panel.

Dave

[/b]daves16v - it was good to chat, you should have introduced yourself

Yeah thought about that afterwards - doh :roll:

Fitted my Polo cupholders, relocating the stereo down to the old ashtray slot and cigarette lighter down into the cubbyhole - exactly same as Timg60 has just done. Fitted the storage nets I've recently acquired at the base of the rear seats. Also started to re-wrap the wiring in the engine bay and did some more cleaning.

Good work, is the stereo easy to locate down there?? ie does it fit easily without too much 'bodging'? - do you still us the cage??

What are you using to re-wrap the wiring?? I'm using the VW cloth tape but altho the original stuff is falling apart like powder, the new stuff doesn't look as heavy duty so i'm not sure how long it will last....

Stereo was really easy to move, just careful trimming with a Dremmel, used the normal cage and actually fits more easily as theres more space behind the stereo for the wiring. Still got a spare centre console so I can revert back to standard if I need to.

Using the Rayon cloth tape (Ref 3380) from http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/ - good quality stuff and not expensive at all

Looking good Andy, really like the idea of them cup holders after tim done his, but i couldnt move my headunit down as its a flip down front and would get in the way of the gear knob! Plus i will one day eventually put my audi vdo guages there :lol:

Andy, where did you get the nets? They look pretty handy and will save my map from being destroyed on the back seat..