Sign in to follow this  
Dub_nut_g60

Another year - another MOT failure!

After the way my day went yesterday (overshadowed by Trig's day luckily) i wasnt exactly suprised to fail! thought id share the list of failures with you!

001 Brake pedal spongy

002 Nearside rear shock absorber has a serious fluid leak

003 Offside rear shock absorber has a serious fluid leak

004 Nearside front shock absorber has a serious fluid leak

005 Offside front shock absorber has a serious fluid leak

006 Nearside front (top mount) front suspension joint has execessive play in upper suspension ball joint

007 Offside front (top mount) front suspension joint has execessive play in upper suspension ball joint

008 Nearside front tyre fouling a part of vehicle

009 Offside front tyre fouling a part of the vehicle

010 Nearside front brake padl less than 1.5mm thick

011 Nearside rear brake disc cracked

012 (mid section clamp loose) exhaust system has a major leak of exhaust gases

013 Emisions not tested

018 Brakes imbalances

Advisory Notes

014 Brake Hydraulic reservoir fluid close to minimum level

015 Rear Brake pad wearing thin

016 Engine/gearbox mouting(s) defective

017 Oil Leak

Darren - you to fix next week!!!! :lol: (will give you a call later in the week!!)

I knew the suspension was bad so its already booked in with darren to have new coilovers fitted.

Engine mount wasnt a suprise after watching the amount of play in the motor on the rollers yesterday!!!

For those who witnessed the comedy oil change yesterday an oil leak isnt exactly a suprise!! :roll:

Cheers Trig!!!

Well ill start at the beginning........

checked my oil before the trip to stealth like any sensible motorist!! but in the process manages to leave the filler cap off, met up with the other guys coming up from the south to see smoke coming from under my bonnet, popped it up to see the engine COVERED in oil!

Put a bit more oil in, put the cap on, mopped up a bit and off we went! hit the M3 and i have several noticable clouds of white smoke billowing out the back, we pull over, wipe off more oil and carry on.

NEXT my oil pressure sensor keeps going off so we pull over to put MORE oil in (didnt manage to get a reading on the dipstick)

we get to chively services to meet zippy and i STILL have oil drops from underneath, pretty random so we give it a check still no reading on dipstick, we find out some monkey had used gaffa tape to stick the plastic top of the dipstick tube on which had come off leaving jsut the tape.

Turns out we werent getting an oil reading as the tape was wiping the oil off before it came out the sleeve finally get a reading, and the oil level was almost half way up th e dipstick (OOPS!!)

so we decide the 'best' way to sort out the problem was to drain best part of 10 litres of oil out and refill it! dont think we left too much of a mess!!

Sucky news man, but it's nothing too major - all wear and tear stuff, so hopefully won't be too crippling to get fixed :)

Nah like dinkus says it's all wear and tear & looks like your coilovers will cure quite a few of the problems. :)

triggermyson Im laughing at in now!!!! was a bit worried until we got to chively and everyone got a bit gung ho about it and sorted it!! think its an 'could only happen with a corrado' moment!!

Dinkus like ya say dom all wear and tear stuff!! looks worse than it is, 6 points on suspension and 4 on brake issues! shame i didnt get to 20 though!!

I understand that you had limited options, but dumping 10 litres of oil on the floor and leaving it was pretty bad!

well aware!!

we did do it over a drain so it wasnt just left in a puddle (yes there is a drain under there!) (again not very environmentally friendly)

Hello Chaps,

Got my MOT next week I bet it fails on more than that little lot......in fact Im willing to bet the cost of our respective repairs that mine will be worse news.......any takers.. :shock:

Trig - you get home ok? :lol:

Cheers Trig!!!

Well ill start at the beginning........

checked my oil before the trip to stealth like any sensible motorist!! but in the process manages to leave the filler cap off, met up with the other guys coming up from the south to see smoke coming from under my bonnet, popped it up to see the engine COVERED in oil!

Put a bit more oil in, put the cap on, mopped up a bit and off we went! hit the M3 and i have several noticable clouds of white smoke billowing out the back, we pull over, wipe off more oil and carry on.

NEXT my oil pressure sensor keeps going off so we pull over to put MORE oil in (didnt manage to get a reading on the dipstick)

we get to chively services to meet zippy and i STILL have oil drops from underneath, pretty random so we give it a check still no reading on dipstick, we find out some monkey had used gaffa tape to stick the plastic top of the dipstick tube on which had come off leaving jsut the tape.

Turns out we werent getting an oil reading as the tape was wiping the oil off before it came out the sleeve finally get a reading, and the oil level was almost half way up the dipstick (OOPS!!)

so we decide the 'best' way to sort out the problem was to drain best part of 10 litres of oil out and refill it! dont think we left too much of a mess!!

Cant you add the bit where you blew off hlf your face pouring petrol on the BBQ?! I know its not strictly related, but it was the best bit of my day! :lol:

.And i'm surprised the engine mount was only advisory, At one point i thought your engine was gonna touch stealths ceiling! :shock: :twisted:

lol, trying to forget the head in a fireball moment!!!

engine did a have a little bit of play in it, mounts will be sorted next week too!

As for the suspension its not exactly fun driving at the moment!! bounces around more that a fat kid on a bouncy castle!! had some major understeer on some of the roundabouts iow_corrado_g60 insisted on taking laps round!!

I already knew it wasin a bad way, unfortuanatly my suspensin was still being built in germany last time i spoke to darren!

niiiiiiiiiiice.... you can always trust a dub to fail its MOT properly!

the audi I just bought managed to fail today on an equally grand scale...

new front discs and pads, new front tyres, new wishbones, new cv boot, rear wheel bearings.......... at least the intermittant reverse light decided to work... :roll:

looks like it will cost more to fix than it did to buy.... :( such a pity cos its a really lovely car..........

niiiiiiiiiiice.... you can always trust a dub to fail its MOT properly!

the audi I just bought managed to fail today on an equally grand scale...

new front discs and pads, new front tyres, new wishbones, new cv boot, rear wheel bearings.......... at least the intermittant reverse light decided to work... :roll:

looks like it will cost more to fix than it did to buy.... :( such a pity cos its a really lovely car..........

nice, just what you need at the mo. :roll:

but just noticed... :new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday:

scarlett, thats fkin sh** specialy with everything else thats going on! I'd get your money back and be done with it tbh... let me know if there's anything I can do to help :)

thanks Baz...!! :)

and yes, not what I needed.... I hate my birthday, something always goes wrong with my car.... and I always hurt myself somehow too..... :(