Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Weird...diffarent boot floor shapes? and 1/2 grab handles?

today ive been on with swapping bits of my interior from grey to black.

the parts are coming from a j registered 91 car into my j registered 92 car.

when i came to swap the boot side carpet,the 91 ones wouldnt fit :? totally diffarent shape...so then i went and looked at the boot floors.

in my 92 the boot floor is flat at the sides,but yet in the 91 its not,sorta drops down at either side :? is this part of the early/late thing?

another strange one...

when i was swapping the trim that runs over the doors,the trim from the 91 car has a grab handle on each side,where as my 92 only had the one on the passenger side :? wtf? also,the new (91) trim didn't have the holes punched through for the one screw that secures these trims...weird :?

sorry,just thought id see what anyone else has?

and now ive got a feeling im gonna struggle to find the black boot carpets to fit :( and its a fecker because ill have to remove the rear trim again just to fit it :twisted:

neil.

AFAIK the only differences in boot floors are spare wheel and fuel tank size related. I believe 92J G60s got the same 15 gal tank as the VR, which would result in the floor being flatter and higher up?

ahh,that would explain that bit then,cheers.

missed out by 1 year then :( the towers are diffarently shaped too,right the way round to the rear 1/4 cards...

neil.

didnt know some cars had 2 grab handles in all the rados ive seen none have? maybe its got a passenger trim from a lhd car on that side if that makes sense riley?

AFAIK the only differences in boot floors are spare wheel and fuel tank size related. I believe 92J G60s got the same 15 gal tank as the VR, which would result in the floor being flatter and higher up?

i have a 92J G60, with a 12 gallon tank, however, it has early exterior, i i believe it may be an earlier car which has hung around... would be interesting to see if others got 15 gal.

didnt know some cars had 2 grab handles in all the rados ive seen none have? maybe its got a passenger trim from a lhd car on that side if that makes sense riley?

ahhh yeah thats a possibility bill! 8) mine had the speed clips already there behind my old trim too,so ive now got 2 grab handles,unique? 8) :lol:

i have a 92J G60, with a 12 gallon tank, however, it has early exterior, i i believe it may be an earlier car which has hung around... would be interesting to see if others got 15 gal.

wahooo! :D just found a pic showing that mine has a 15 gallon tank,saves me running out to the garage :lol: mines a 92 with late exterior/early interior...weird early/late mix around 92 eh :?

air-fuelfitting1.jpg

neil.

I've got a 92 J G60 with a full size spare, 12 Gallon tank, and a flat boot floor (I think). I've also got black boot carpets that don't fit and need to get some black boot carpets with the hump for the spare and not recessed at the sides.

I've got a K-reg 93 16v, revised bonnet, wings and bumpers, 15gal tank, but early interior!

lol is funny im gonna check mine at lunch riley whats that thing above your fog lights

Thats a Duo Style air fuel ratio gauge, with (as far as I remember) a voltage gauge combined into it, I have the earlier AFR only one in my Polo.

mrbeige,is that the latest c ever with an early interior? 8)

so,have i got this right...

my car has early interior with late boot carpets/strut carpets due to having late exterior/15g tank? :?

so would any late boot carpets fit? say from late 93 onwards?

lol is funny im gonna check mine at lunch riley whats that thing above your fog lights

Thats a Duo Style air fuel ratio gauge, with (as far as I remember) a voltage gauge combined into it, I have the earlier AFR only one in my Polo.

yep,but i dont like to talk about it too much... :lol: if you are wondering why,it cost me 100's trying to sort a problem that this thing caused :roll:

neil.

That's Wierd, I have a 1990 Corrado and I have One Handle up top passenger side, I have Heated Seats, and a 15 Gallon Tank....

Riley, would you be interested in selling that boot carpet set on? it'll fit mine, I've only got a little tank! How much posted to Kent???

PM sent too!!!