Stone0311

G60 Resurrection

Very nice indeed mate. Engine bay is looking sweet as a nut. Looking very shiny all over infact. Not to keen on the exhaust personally but other than that, luuurvely. :thumbleft:

Is your grill wonky? ;)

Looking really nice there... is your rocker cover powder coated or painted? Thats exactly what I want to do with mine at some point 8)

Not to keen on the exhaust personally but other than that, luuurvely.

Wanted sumthin a little different so i went for the Hartmann style same as some new porkers, unfortunatly it doesnt sit as high as i wanted > sounds superb tho.

Is your grill wonky?

Trig You had me worried for a second, no i think it must be the shadow

Phil K This was how it looked b4 i had the inlet polished. Had to paint it because the powder coating would have ruined the polished sections. Did it with high temp paint and didnt take long at all.

looking real good.....are you proud of it so far Mr Stone?

Its getting there, never seems to look good enough to me tho > always more to do :)

Cheers for the complements guys.

looking real good.....are you proud of it so far Mr Stone?

Its getting there, never seems to look good enough to me tho > always more to do :).

I might get shot for saying this but.....it's a Corrado....it'll never be perfect.

Just get it on the road and enjoy it Mr Stone.......lol

looking good mr Stone0311, the only trouble is knowing where to stop, i`ve got so carried away that i`ve had to try and find another c to drive about in whilst my vr is under going a bit of tlc :-P

looking good mr Stone0311, the only trouble is knowing where to stop, i`ve got so carried away that i`ve had to try and find another c to drive about in whilst my vr is under going a bit of tlc

It does get that way doesnt it >> the garage that mine lives in now has carpet and a dehumidifier! (Spelling?) :cuckoo: :)

Looking good and looking forward to seeing her in the flesh ( so to speak in a couple of weeks).

EDIT- yet another C I have to park as far away as possible from lol!!!

the garage that mine lives in now has carpet and a dehumidifier!

............. i was thinking of a dehum for the garage and i thought it was maybe a step too far, i`m glad it`s not just me then :lol:

New seats are finally in after playing with subframes for a while.

Now just have to decide wether to retrim the rears or strip it out and buy a shiney roll cage :)

After all the time and money you've put in to this car .....are you actually going to take it out on the road? :lol:

Nice to see you've just about finished restoring her.

Morning All, Been a long time since ive updated this and having cleared some time to throw at the C thought i should get back on it.

Backstory...

Bought my C as a 1.8 16v in 2000, as a 17yr old had to wait to drive it - on the road 2005 and living the dream; '09 Engine out and transplanted into a Mk1; G60 engine sourced.

2009-18 Family, House renovation x2 and collecting parts for conversion

2016-20 Slow progress but moving towards back on the road.

Recent news:

Engine stripped, news seals, HG, sump, block/head stripped and painted, subframe stripped and refubished all new bolts/rubbers/fittings, engine bay painted with all new brakelines/brake cyl/clutch cyl, battery relocated, new engine mounts, decat, all new belts, Sachs clutch, new plugs, refurbished drive shafts, Brembo disks & pads, new wheel bearings, AP Coilvers.......etc etc - you get the idea, no stone left unturned. All efforts focused on the engine bay for a min but the rest will have to follow before respray and retrim.

Few pics from the recent weeks -   

IMG_20191020_075327.jpg

IMG_20200202_072850.jpg

IMG_20200331_202859.jpg

IMG_20200502_073526.jpg

It does look a lovely clean engine and worth the effort.Always love a G60. 👌