Sign in to follow this  
Peakz

Thinking of changing my Vento VR6 . . .

I love my Vento VR to bits, there's not much else for the money that'll match the power/torque and that special VR howl. . .

Looking at Audi A4 1.8T Quattro's (B5) and Bora V6 4Motion's, just like my stealthy Vento they're quick cars for reasonable money.

1.8T is easy to tune and the V6 4Mo chassis can be tuned (Haldex, suspension etc), not keen on the A4 2.8 30v, it's just a cruiser.

Anyone have any experience of these cars?

Before I get bombabred with PM's, the photo is an old one with the wheels I sold to KevHaywire.

why are you wanting to change it? bored of the same car? fancy something a bit new? more power?

personally I'd say charge it and give it a new lease of life ;)

My only experiance with any of the above cars is with a bora I had as a loan car while my 16v was in for a service many moons ago. Horrible wallowy heavy thing with no feel in the steering, they look nice enough but unless you did serious work to the suspension I dont think it'd be much 'fun' to chuck about. The 2.0 I borrowed didnt inspire any confidence

if your vento is feeling a little stale you could always pop into halfords and buy an arm load of glitzy sh*t to cheer it up fella, :lol: only joking , ... nowt wrong with the vento mate but if you wanted to purchase something else then i would consider the 4motion bora myself !

I get bored fairly quickly with cars, having said that I've had this Vento for over a year which is good going for me, all my other car's have been replaced withing 6 months.

Just come back from a spirited drive near Mallory Park, nice fast country roads is where this car scores, makes me want to keep it but . . .

. . . just feel it's time to get something different now.

I quite like Corrado's, especially in silver but I need a practical four door car.

Cheers for the compliment, I've got a few more pix in the gallery.

If I could afford it the Vento would be a weekend car then have a newer 4WD car for everyday use.

I used to get bored with my cars really quickly but not now - since I've had the VR - I'm reformed. No other car does it for me - the styling, the noise - the rarity! I love it all - I could drive Corrados forever! Sad but true! But it's nice to have that - you're not constantly aspiring to something else. Until you start talking about silly things that I can't afford - there's nothing - the power and package that comes with the Corrado is great for such a small amount of money - and it turns the heads more than cars costing ten times as much.

I get bored fairly quickly with cars, having said that I've had this Vento for over a year which is good going for me, all my other car's have been replaced withing 6 months.

i was same till i got the G60,now 3yrs on an still get a smile on my face when i put the toe down,(or press the manual spoiler control when i got a chav behind @ the traffic lights an watch face in the rear view window :lol: )this has been the longest i've kept a car 8)

i was same till i got the G60,now 3yrs on an still get a smile on my face when i put the toe down,(or press the manual spoiler control when i got a chav behind @ the traffic lights an watch face in the rear view window :lol: )this has been the longest i've kept a car 8)

I do that spoiler thing to Neds too! It's hilarious - watching Corsa boy's jaw drop! Best thing was it happened the other day - and his tidy blonde (but rather neddy) bird noticed the spoiler - she looked quite amazed!

quality moment when they got a passenger aswell,"DID YA SEE THAT!!!!!THE FUCKIN SPOILER JUST CAME UP!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

or press the manual spoiler control when i got a chav behind @ the traffic lights an watch face in the rear view window

you tart !! :lol:

i`ve got to say the same really, not wanted any other car since my first corrado, nothing like it really 8) ,........ i reckon if you got rid of the vento you`ll regret it as you spent some time and money on it and you know it so well, i hate getting a fresh car and having to go through that `getting to know you ` stuff and finding all the faults the hard way, not just a case of grass looks greener ?, i`ll tell you what will cure you `wander` lust, go and look at lots of prospective cars and then you`ll get so fed up with the choices and the compromises and you`ll just want to forget all about other cars and worry about summat else :thumbleft:

Here's a couple of erect spoilers for you!

cheers mate, i`m using that pic for my desk top, :thumbleft: , cant beat a bit of erect spoiler action .. ooer missus :)

Wise words Geezer . . .

Here's a couple of erect spoilers for you!

That spoiler is well wonky!

Yeh I noticed that. Might be on its way up, the silver one at the front looks higher.

Good car that Vento! Pulls really sweet!

If you do sell it, let me know, might be interested in it as a daily driver and put mine away for some R&R....

Your amp....is your sub dual 2 ohms? That might be why it's overheating mate. You need to sum the two outputs and present the genny with 4 ohms. Gennys don't like running 2 ohms!

Thanks Kev, I still remember your expression when I took you for a spin :o

If I do wean myself off the Vento I'll let you know, I know you'll look after her

My Eton Hex10 sub is 4 Ohm, seems fine since I turned the gains down a smidgen (barely a mill') on both the Genny and the 9835.