Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Accelerator Pedal Rubber!

Bojmobile, i bought one of those.. fitted like a glove. I hated seeing those rusty/muddy pedals. Wanted TT ones, but found those a little expensive.

Yep - they didn't come on Corrado's - don'y buy off eBay either - £3 from VW

whatever planet you live on mate

None of my pedals have rubber :oops:
Irrc the clutch and brake should have one to pass the MOT. However, if your mot tester actually looks is another thing :lol:

Eh?

Anyway - yeah - none of the Corrado's i've owned or driven have ever had accelerator pedal rubbers on them! I'm sure they never had them from the factory..

None of my pedals have rubber :oops:
Irrc the clutch and brake should have one to pass the MOT. However, if your mot tester actually looks is another thing :lol:

The brake pedal at least should have one. I may venture out at the weekend and see how much a set of TT pedals are from the stealers.....seen them on fleabay, but want to check that I cant get them cheaper at source :wink:

Have never liked rubbers... They dampen the sensation... :wink: :wink:

Eh?

i.e dealers would not be able to supply you these for silly price mentioned above

i've read some where that UK spec corrados and mk2 golfs ect do not have the accelerator pedal rubber from factory, but german ones do. Though I can hold my hand up and say i brought one of the 'mega rare' one's off ebay for about £8, then just out of curiosity i went to the dealers to check if they could get them and.....£3 (don't i feel silly?!)

Yep, it's a mk1 part - never fitted to any Corrado

171 721 647

Retails at £3.94 + vat but with discount I paid about £2.50+vat

my valver had the accelerator rubber still on it when i bought the car a year ago so had survived 15 years.

i threw it in the bin though as its just a piece of plastic crap, now have TT pedals.

I replaced all the pedal rubbers recently and threw a throttle one on aswell. Makes the footwell look so much tidier!

My clutch and brake pedals felt mushy and horrible because the rubbers had split and looked ready to fall off. Only about £12 for the whole lot.

Makes me laugh how car buying experts tell you to look at the condition of the pedal rubbers and steering wheel to guage the real mileage, but you can replace them all for next to nothing and make the car look like it's done 10 miles :-)