CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Had a mini-meet today with Vornwend, GlosterOx & Swompy. Had a really good blast on the way to the pub- was well chuffed that my VR managed to keep up with Vaughan's 263 cammed/mapped Storm! 8) Here's a pic, courtesy of Vaughan.

I thought you might be wanting a road test when you let me take the lead :wink: I went very easy of course! - nah only kidding - it does seem to go really well and I pretty much floored it right through the range all the way up the A38- slightly disappointed you had no flames out the exhaust on the way back to Wotton though :lol:

Was a great little get together :D

I wasnt struggling to hard to keep up with you lot 8)

Had a mini-meet today with Vornwend, GlosterOx & Swompy. Had a really good blast on the way to the pub- was well chuffed that my VR managed to keep up with Vaughan's 263 cammed/mapped Storm! 8) Here's a pic, courtesy of Vaughan.

Good to hear - excellent angle in that pic, one of the best for a Corrado.

Well, as Ian was in 'granny mode' behind me, I'm not surprised! :lol: The traffic was a little annoying :bad-words:

Good to hear - excellent angle in that pic, one of the best for a Corrado.

Thanks dude 8)

Well, as Ian was in 'granny mode' behind me, I'm not surprised! :lol: The traffic was a little annoying :bad-words:

Haha ya I did want to get past him to see how it would do against you but not knowing the roads I thought best not.

Did you see that cyclist we all got a finger off :lol:

Did you see that cyclist we all got a finger off :lol:

He was absolutely livid - as I was bringing up the rear and saw it all I felt obliged to give him a BMC wake up call :norty:

Why was he getting the hump? We overtook him carefully enough :shrug: Cyclists really pee me off sometimes- especially when they ride side by side and are reluctant to move over- they seem to think they own the road sometimes!

Out of interest (and I know I'm shit and haven't replied to your PM) but have you seen the original build thread for your car? Keiron threw a lot on money at it and it had a lot of goodies on it at one point. If I remember correctly...

No worries, Tom :)

Yeh, it was the AmD 'banner' car for a while on their website. Had a shrek, cams etc. AmD reverted it back to standard for him before he sold it. It states on the paperwork that they switched back to a standard map... only they didn't :roll: :lol: Thankfully, Dave sorted all that for me, and it's now running a DG map :clap:

It's running really well now, although has been a tiny bit lumpy after disconnecting the battery. Did the reset procedure, but haven't driven it since.

Jon told me you had a look at the chains for him and all was OK?

Just finished changing the lights to all reds. Took a while, but I'm pleased with the results. Used some pinstripe masking tape for the indicator and reverse bits, and laquered and polished. Will get pics up shortly.

Also tidied up the engine bay, although it's still far from perfect :( Removed the battery, and cleaned out all the crap from underneath. Also gave all connections a damn good clean as most had gone green/rusty. Treated it to a new VW battery cover (larger covers now obsolete, so opted for the smaller one- perfect fit).

Fitted new screw on strut top covers (only a few p, but make a nice difference). Changed the headlamp screws, which had seen better days. Only one snapped off! :lol:

Touched up a few small spots of rust around the slam panel with some Rust-oleum.

Cleaned loads of dirt from behind the filler cap. Whacked a load of Waxoyl in there. Never ceases to amaze me how much stuff comes out. Unfortunately the earth strap had snapped off.

Just finished changing the lights to all reds. Took a while, but I'm pleased with the results. Used some pinstripe masking tape for the indicator and reverse bits, and laquered and polished. Will get pics up shortly.

Also tidied up the engine bay, although it's still far from perfect :( Removed the battery, and cleaned out all the crap from underneath. Also gave all connections a damn good clean as most had gone green/rusty. Treated it to a new VW battery cover (larger covers now obsolete, so opted for the smaller one- perfect fit).

Fitted new screw on strut top covers (only a few p, but make a nice difference). Changed the headlamp screws, which had seen better days. Only one snapped off! :lol:

Touched up a few small spots of rust around the slam panel with some Rust-oleum.

Cleaned loads of dirt from behind the filler cap. Whacked a load of Waxoyl in there. Never ceases to amaze me how much stuff comes out. Unfortunately the earth strap had snapped off.

When you say the larger covers a obsolete which one do you mean the material one ?? Just got a new material one myself and was told that it was the last one in stock??

There were two material battery jackets available- one being slightly larger. The dealer told me last week the larger one was obsolete now. Maybe the one you got was the smaller version that I got last week- the parts guy said there weren't many left. Stuff's disappearing by the day :(

There were two material battery jackets available- one being slightly larger. The dealer told me last week the larger one was obsolete now. Maybe the one you got was the smaller version that I got last week- the parts guy said there weren't many left. Stuff's disappearing by the day :(

Yeah you may be right, same for the plastic cover for battery not many left of them either

The Cars looking spot on mate, love the red rears and the stance is perfect.......thinking of getting a jetex myself how do you find it (sorry if you have already said before but your thread is 52 pages :lol: !!)

Also £9m for carlton cole WTF :shock: !!

Thanks dude :) The C has a standard exhaust- the vRS has a Jetex downpipe/sports cat which is superb. I've been really impressed with the Jetex on CrazyDave's car- will prob get one for the C when my exhaust eventually falls apart ;)

:lol: The Cole deal fell through at the last minute- something to do with not enough cash our way (+ Babel!). I would've taken a straight swap...

Thanks dude :) The C has a standard exhaust- the vRS has a Jetex downpipe/sports cat which is superb. I've been really impressed with the Jetex on CrazyDave's car- will prob get one for the C when my exhaust eventually falls apart ;)

:lol: The Cole deal fell through at the last minute- something to do with not enough cash our way (+ Babel!). I would've taken a straight swap...

Aahhh, after looking back over the pics you can see its standard :brickwall: .......someone told me the jetex looks OEM but obviously not THAT OEM :)

Yeah cant believe Cole would have got that kind of dollar :cuckoo: - a Babel swap would have been good for the Hammers, in the right circumstances with the right club I reakon Babel could be a force !

Yeh, reckon Babel could be cracking in the right position for the right club. Cole? First few months of last season (until he got injured) + the season before, he was unplayable at times and would've been worth £10m at the very least IMHO. At the mo, though, he's struggling a little and hasn't regained that form yet. He's not done any favours by our formation, where he's so isolated.

Looks cracking mate. As ever, proof that you don't need to do much to a VR to make it look perfect. Still think the Speedline wheel looks stunning!

Good job on the lights - any tips on how you managed to align them so well? Mine look a bit odd :(

Looks cracking mate. As ever, proof that you don't need to do much to a VR to make it look perfect. Still think the Speedline wheel looks stunning!

Thanks, Jim. Yeh, love Speedies- just wish they were 16s though!