Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

JIMMI'S CORRADO WITH 06 GOLF GTI TFSI RUNNING GEAR

yeh sorry, it was in april's Golf+ here is a pic of the engine spec,

Mmmmm i wonder if i can get this pass the missus??????

karl

Cheers for the pics guys, the blue mk2 is somewhat a hybrid, its definatly not a TFSI, the only bits from a tfsi is the bottom end, the head is from a 1.8T and its running emerald management, is this the car that was in golf + magazine ?

Progress,

Although im nursing a bit of an injury, and im as busy as fook i cannot bare to see my corrado and a pile of shiny new parts sat in the corner of my garage so ive been working late all week to try and get stuck into my car, i would love it to be ready for the end of april and at this rate i think it could be !

The mk5 dashboard along with the steering comumn support and the complete electronic air con heater box have been fitted, i had to drill the spot welds out of the original corrado dash and column fittings, i have trial fitted all of the clocks stereo etc and everything is fine, i forgot to take a pic when it was all assembled but i took one just beforehand. The centre console is also in, the handbrake is going to have to sit a bit further back so im gonna need some shorter handbrake cables if anyone has any ideas (i may fit a line lock switch). The mk5 pedal box and brake master cylinder is fitted and im getting a mk5 steering column in the morning so that will be goin in 2moro.along with the ABS system & air con pipes.

The engine would of been in and fitted today but ive had a problem, as i want to use the rado original mounting points along with a 5 speed box i need to bolt the rear engine bracket to the rear of the block, i thought a normal 16v one would bolt right up however it doesnt seem to be that simple, altho i dont have a 16v bracket to hand ive looked at one on a 91 16v i have parked up and it looks diferent, ill show on a diagram the setup of the holes on the block for the mount to bolt to.

[align=center]TFSI motor mount (rear view)

O O][/align]

O O

[align=center]91 16V (rear view)

O O

O O[/align]

As ive shown the 16v holes "seem" to be square wheras the TFSI ones are stepped to the side, a picture is below which may show better. im goin to a VW breaker in the morning to have a look @ the back of some motors to see which bracket i need, hopefully this way ill get the motor mounted over the weekend.

Jimmi...........................

Do you have an army of people working for you??

I'm astonished just how quickly you get things done!

I found another website with the same engine as that in pushing 400bhp, lost the link now though. Wil try and find again.

some good quick progress you doin there. i wish mine was going this quick :lol:

You'll be taking this one out for that Hartside meet at this rate Jimmi !!! Good work so far, can't wait to see the finished product

A bit more work done over the past day or two, and a bit of a setback as well !!

The TFSI engine WILL NOT fit into the corrado on the original mounts, this is a myth, although the mounting holes are there in the back of the block the turbocharger is in the way of the mounting bracket and all of the oil & water feed pipes to the turbo are right in the way as well. So the solution is to use a new 02M or 02S gearbox from a new golf 5 or a new A3 and fabricate the mk5 mounts onto the corrado chassis legs. Although this is a more difficult solution to fitting the engine it will give a better end result. I really need to find a 6 speed gearbox now as im stuck with out it !!

Time to start looking !!

Jimmi........................

Not had chance to do a great lot on the corrado this week, but i have managed to source a low mileage 6 speed O2M gearbox along with an even lower mileage dual mass flywheel,clutch and starter motor. These have been mated to the engine and the engine has been fitted into the corrado, ive used a mk5 engine mount & a mk4 gearbox mount (cheers coxy). i have beefed the chassis legs up with a little angle iron and box section. Foto of the motor in the car below is before i welded the mounts in. I have fitted the engine exactly square and i need to make the brackets for the ABS pump & underbonnet fusebox then i can take the motor back out and paint the engine bay.

I may get some time on it this weekend, if i do i should get the engine bay painted and ready for final fitting up ! Its coming along quite well !

Jimmi...............

you dont hang about do you JIMMI! 2 or 3 weeks from conception to completion is bloody impressive going - you should go in to business ;)

You must have photoshopped that engine into the car... :D

I was only there last week and it was sat on the floor.

Im going to see Jimmi shortly and i wouldnt be suprised if he was out taking it for a spin......

seriously don't know why he does'nt set up a little business there, i know he'd have one or two customers on here....preferential rates for locals though :lol: :lol:

Hi guys, hi jimmi,

i did it. I did it in a golf mk2.

The engine runs and at the Moment i do the final work to finish the car.

Yesterday i did a testdrive... only 100 meters up and down the street...

but it works! the car make's fun....

My intension is, to finish the car on the outside at the next week.

So i can make the paperwork to get the licence to drive the car on the road ( TÜV ).

Here you can see the condition of the car in the moment:

Q69wJ96C.jpg

One of the engine...

JAFiSu6a.jpg

More impressions you can see HERE

It was a hard work over 16 month to create it....

Greetings from Germany

Hi guys, hi jimmi,

i did it. I did it in a golf mk2.

The engine runs and at the Moment i do the final work to finish the car.

Yesterday i did a testdrive... only 100 meters up and down the street...

but it works! the car make's fun....

My intension is, to finish the car on the outside at the next week.

So i can make the paperwork to get the licence to drive the car on the road ( TÜV ).

Here you can see the condition of the car in the moment:

Q69wJ96C.jpg

One of the engine...

JAFiSu6a.jpg

More impressions you can see HERE

It was a hard work over 16 month to create it....

Greetings from Germany

Ive seen your car on another forum mate, have you used all the wring from the TFSI engine, ECU key etc?? I am as there seems to be no other way around it yet, id be interested to find out !!

Toon-VW wrote

seriously don't know why he does'nt set up a little business there, i know he'd have one or two customers on here....preferential rates for locals though

Im not too far away from that to be honest mate, need the government to legalise 48hr days and ill have the time !! Ha Ha ! But seriously i was talking to goldie about it last week, im gonna build my corrado as a bit of a showcase as to what i can do then see what happens, car should be running by the end of next week, i think im on schedule to have it drivable by the end of the month !!

Jimmi....................

Hi,

yes, the wiring, ecu, clocks, key, fuelpump inc. the fuelpump-control-unit, the control-unit of the main power-supply ?? (sorry for my english ;-) Bordnetzsteuergerät in german ) and also the steering control-unit.

Mario

I think he's lost his login details - spoke with him last week. If one of the mods could get in touch with him (of course not through pm) and issue him a new one, i think that would help a lot of people.

give over man for god sake.

Jimmi doesnt need to rip anyone off. i speak to him everynow and then, and i know hes not been on here for ages, so if anyone has any problems then give him a ring. Hes not hiding anywhere...

no wonder he does not come on here the way he gets slated/accused of theft :? i have had a few dealings with Jimmi, and everytime he has been 100% honest/reliable.

I'm staying impartial on this, it's a strange one tbh, because there's allways been those that stand up for the dude wholeheartedly, slating those that are owed money/parts for speaking out against Jimmi.

From an outside point of view, all I can think is that there's no smoke without fire - If Jimmi was 100% to deal with then why are there SO many people that reckon he's wronged them?

Maybe he's loaded and is a great guy etc, no-one has disputed that. But there's also no doubting that there are quite a few members of the forum that have been let down by him.

Very strange.

Im hoping to pop in and see Jimmi in the next week or so to see how hes getting on with the conversion, its going to end up being a very interesting car when its all sorted...

In fairness guys, I'm not one for slagging people off, or accusing them of any wrong doing, however I sent him money in April for a fuel pump which never arrived. I spoke to him via PM a few times, and allegedly the pump was in Preston, but I never got it so therefore I never got my part, or my money back. I also sent him numerous more PM's to which I received no replies. If he got back in touch and said it was a genuine mistake then I'd happily give him the benefit of doubt, however until that day I am still without the money, or part.

If anyone of you sees him soon I'd appreciate it if you could ask him for me, cheers.