Sign in to follow this  
Dubby

Just call me Daisy Duke!!!

For some time, the passenger side hande on my C has been broken, and openable only from the inside. Now the drivers side has gone the same way!!! :p

I know Passat rear handles will go on, but I am reluctant to lose a lock incase my central locking ever fails (lets face it, it's me so it probably would :lol: )

Will Passat front handles go on there? And how easy is it to change them?

TIA :oops:

I have a Passat rear hangle on the Passenger side but the drivers side is a passat drivers door with key barrel....

Already on the car when purchased but looks straight forward to me!!!!

Daisy, You could go with both rear handles and if the central locking fails, get in through the boot.

There are two Corrados at Nevenden Salvage at Temple farm near Galleywood, not sure if they have handles but may be worth having a look. Plenty of Passats there too.

Thanks Phil - I have a day off tomorrow and Galleywood is not far. Need to use the car so I can't hang about getting it done :(

If you are going, when you enter temple farm you go down a concrete road with loads of speed bumps, park in the area just before all the yards. The first one on the right hand side of the road is where the Corrados are. When you go in you need to go right to the back of the yard and to the right hand side. Pretty sure it is Nevenden salvage.

sweeet, cheers. I will give them a ring first :)

Speed bumps - best not got in the corrado then :lol:

'booo' for the lack of shorts in this thread, most disapointing.

might be worth asking H8RRA about his passat handles, they're a very tidy mod and make opening his doors a billion times easier

I just don't get the Passat door handle obsession. By all accounts they suffer from the same design flaw. Best bet seems to me to be the repair kit. Permanent fix - no more broken handles!

as chris says i have passat handles and subsequently spare corrad handles complete - the passat handles have more leverage to unlock the door mechanism and therefore i wold suggest are less prone to failing - you do have to replace the door lock as well tho but once they're modded - which i have done and will be doing to suplpy as complete kits - they just bolt on

either way, i have std and passat set-ups - pm me if you-re interested

Daisy, You could go with both rear handles and if the central locking fails, get in through the boot.

Good suggestion, although the tailgate lock will also be taken out if the C/L fails, meaning you have to use the key (heaven forbid!) and pray the lock barrel isn't seized to feck! The last time I tried to use the key in mine, I could only turn it a 1/4 turn.....really must strip it down and regrease it.

anyone seen the last dukes of hazrd film.....what a crock, daisy looked like my bloody gran. Since when did daisy duke have varicous veins ffs...

anyhooo.....

Thanks Supercharged, but I need a driver side one asap so will be going to the scrappy tomorrow......watch this space for a "handles are more difficult than ISV's to remove" type thread :lol:

Luckily, my boot lock doesnt work off the central locking!

watch this space for a "handles are more difficult than ISV's to remove" type thread

LOL - some handles are reverse threaded for some strange reason so bare that in mind!

Well, I got one - I rang the place in Galleywood, but all the corrado and passat handles had already gone.

Got one from Stevens in Boreham in the end :)

They had a red valver on azev a's that looked quite complete with a lot of parts still on it.....there was an old boy down there that had the rear lights off it for his 16v.

Also spotted a mk4 with a veeeery nice recaro cloth interior, which at £450, was sadly out of my price range!

I watched them remove the handle, so with a bit of time and patience tomorrow, I should be able to sort mine :D

I have a Passat rear hangle on the Passenger side but the drivers side is a passat drivers door with key barrel....

Already on the car when purchased but looks straight forward to me!!!!

Nope, drivers one is original Corrado m8!

Passenger side was POP