jedi-knight83

Cambridge Autogleam vs Ferrari 599 GTO pg38

Did you go on a training course or self taught?

bit of both really. have looked after my own cars for 6 years now and have learned alot that way...but then i also did an autoglym course (i was the only guy there that week so i got 1 to 1 training which really helped).

superb work mate! that porker looks a million dollars compared to how it was, your mate must've been beside himself with the result. is that sort of treatment likely to last well, or is it something you'd have to get done every few months to keep it looking good?

I have used a lot of Autoglym stuff for years.

Did not recognise all the products in your list, though, jedi-knight83.

Presumably, the ordinary punter cannot buy all the Autoglym stuff you use as a professional?

superb work mate! that porker looks a million dollars compared to how it was, your mate must've been beside himself with the result. is that sort of treatment likely to last well, or is it something you'd have to get done every few months to keep it looking good?

it will last but will probably need a regular waxing... every 2 months with super resin should be fine. he was very pleased.. hence allowing me to borrow it for the rest of the weekend :D

I have used a lot of Autoglym stuff for years.

Did not recognise all the products in your list, though, jedi-knight83.

Presumably, the ordinary punter cannot buy all the Autoglym stuff you use as a professional?

yeah i use the trade range which is either not available in the shops or is different to the retail products. i think the only thing that is the same is the shampoo i use. thats exactly the same as the retail stuff but everything else is stronger and more effective and cheaper in bulk!

yeah i use the trade range which is either not available in the shops or is different to the retail products. i think the only thing that is the same is the shampoo i use. thats exactly the same as the retail stuff but everything else is stronger and more effective and cheaper in bulk!

jedi-knight83, you fancy supplyin some to the corrado folk,@ a forum discount rate of course :lol:

mmmm DB9. lovely... although after a bit of questioning, the owner admited to taking it through a car wash a few times :o

6 hrs, full machine polish, layers of wax later and it looked like new again (or better :roll: :wink: )

DB9.jpg

DB91.jpg

DB93.jpg

DB94.jpg

DB97.jpg

jedi-knight83, do you spend he rest of your time doing Ford Cortinas & Vauxhall Cavaliers, or is it only really nice cars you do?!

i do any car but i charge the same if its a crap car as i do if its an aston. lets say i did 10 cars... out of those 10... 5 would probably be run of the mill cars, 3 would be high spec BMWs or audis etc and 2 would be supercar standard.

mate loving the work u must sit there and look round the cars for 1/2 hour first then start cleaning! u must be pleased with your results and you probably put 2k to the price tag on that porsche lovely!

Andy

Who the f*ck buys an Aston and then sticks it through a CAR WASH? They shouldn't be allowed to bloody own one :|

Who the f*ck buys an Aston and then sticks it through a CAR WASH? They shouldn't be allowed to bloody own one

On Saturday I drove passed a hand car wash place based in a dissused petrol station, there was a Black Lamborghini Gallardo being washed. It made me smile, there is no way I would take my Corrado there, let alone a Lambo.

iow_corrado_g60, thanks. Actually i normally get on and wash it all quite quickly to remove all the muck. Then when i have it all "clean" i look at it all and see it the paintwork needs correcting.

That DB9 was ok on an initial look. but once i had washed it (which i did really early in the day as it was SO HOT!! i had it washed and dry by 9.30am) you could then see the whole car was really badly scuffed in places and the holograming effect of a previous polish gone wrong was terrible. I wish i had taken before pics now because it looked horrid.

i got this one of me actually doing it though... trying not to look to hot and bothered. I ended up moving it into the garage to wax it all... OHHH the v12 noise... just amazing

DB98.jpg

Jim, i guess the same kinda person that buys a 911 and then cleans it with the green side of a washing up sponge!? some people are funny. The DB9 owner has seen the light though and i am now the regular car washer at his place :)

another complete machine polish including quite some time spent on a boot lid that had been resprayed and then taken through a car was almost immediately!!

MercE2209Medium.jpg

boot before

MercE2206Medium.jpg

boot after

MercE2207Medium.jpg

i use a sealey variable speed (500 - 2200 rpm) with autoglym polishing heads. Yes if it is repeatedly polished over and over again you could risk going through the paint. Edges are dodgy aswell... just have to slow the mop right down and be gentle

free!! ha... yeah right... dont go having any funny ideas about free valeting and then end up putting me out of business ;)

how much do you charge? Not for a daddy £370 clean but like for a poor man clean? Also would you go as far out to norfolk? (Kings lynn area, near swaffham) I might be interested as mine is filthy inside and out .. !!

Ben

Just out of interest Jedi, I seem to have some cow saliva on my car, think it's where it was left in my mates yard when the cattle came through for milking, anyhow, it's been in the sun and gone rock hard over a couple of weeks, and I cannot work out how to get it off, any suggestions? (if you don't mind sharing a few trade secrets)