Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Pure Bliss today, sunshine and my Mk1 Rocco

Since the 1st June my Mk1 Rocco, the favourite in my Karmann cioupe collection, is taxed again.

Today, as it was a beautiful sunny day, it was time to get in and have some fun again for the first time in over 6 months.

Country roads, motorways, oh what fun, but the city centre roads are the usual nuisance: Potholes, stupid people in their crappy cars all over the place, pedestrians claiming wanting to cross roads and giving me verbal abuse, whereas I always get cut off as a pedestrian by tupid inferior bangers (Rovers and sh*tty Fords typically). I hate cities, or is it just Coventry?

Nope, the country roads where I chose a nice lonely run, and the motorway (whch was surprisingly empty) were the bliss today.

A little break inbetween for the obligatory piccies was included, too.

Tempest

Yeah its a Rieger kit allright 16v - make no mistake, this really is the pride and joy in Erics collection. He won't take it out somewhere unless he has already scouted out the location for suitability regarding potholes, speedhumps, etc because of how low the thing is!!

Tis a cool motor :)

Thanks for the praise there guys :-)

Here's another piccie that I still had on my phone (in hindsight, the camera in my phone doesn't do it justice, as the contrast is overdone).

I am seriously looking at taking this one to Inters. That was the other reason to take it out on Saturday, as I did a test run to Bruntingthorpe :-)

Tempest

I'll wait for some more good weather and convince Eric to dig the MK1 out again at some point when i've got the decent camera that I borrow from work.. bring you some nice high res piccies of it!