Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

New addition to my collection :)

looks good to me mate, would maybe think about painting the headlight inserts black (love that mod, and its cheap/easy to do)!?

looks good to me mate, would maybe think about painting the headlight inserts black (love that mod, and its cheap/easy to do)!?

Already done dude!!! have a closer look..

Replaced the Bonnet cable today.... I hope this never happens to me again!!! Trying to get both catches open is one nightmare!!!!

Purchased a Nice Meguires Mitten, Washed the car and polished up the OEM tailpipe.....

Really pleased came up a treat....

Couple of pics for you all to see...

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

looking good dude, just needs to be slammed now.....tail pipe has really come out well.

Found any wheels yet? some highly polished 928 rims for sale, see parts for sale.

Used some Very fine sandpaper on the exhaust and some magic Autosol...

I would have loved to of purchased a nice Magnex system but the previous owner had the whole exhaust replaced with a genuine VAG system which cost her a fortune..... so I'll be sticking with for for now!!!

Body work came out really well... Only washed with NXT car shampoo.. to tired to start polishing aswell...

Obtained most of the bits to do my interior conversion.... :D

So Got up this morning.... A man with a mission!!!!! :doc:

Took me all day, and believe me I ache all over.... Never want to do this again..... :|

Started with removing all the seats

DSC00415.jpg

Then started taking off all the bottom interior bits

DSC00416.jpg

Don't forget everything is being changed from Grey to Black!!! So out with the Carpet

DSC00417.jpg

Put the Black carpet in, which was relatively easy but fiddley trying to align it all up...

DSC00418.jpg

After got all that sorted..... Followed through and into the boot!!!! This was the part that really got fiddley as taking off the rear door cards, b-pillars and c-pillars......

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

Heres the sort of finished product!!!! Just got a couple of things left to do.. Next mission will be the dash!!!!! Not looking forward to that one...

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

:lol: when I first started reading the post and seen you had a grey dash in the first picture, I thought no way has this dude done all that in one day. Good work fella on what you did achieve and good luck fella for the dash :lol:

looking good marcus, while your doing the dash, i would do the heater matrix mate, you dont want to spend all day doing the dash, to have to rip it all out if the matrix fails soon after, if ya need a hand i have done 2 heater matrix's before, so getting fairly good at doing dash's :wink: also i have just come back from hols, so will sort out the pics for the santa monicas out soon,

KADVR6,

Nice one mate!!!

Tbh not to sure when I', gonna start the dash... And when i do it will have to be when I have spare time to do so.... Otherwise mate I would love a hand!!!!

Our 1st Baby is due any moment... So I just trying to grab little time I have doing bits n pieces.

How much is the Heater matrix???

no problem mate, it would only take about 4/5 hours to do. and the heater matrix is only about £32 from GSF, :wink:

Looks good! You gotta love black leather! Although looking at cream leather recently - has made me wish I'd installed that instead. Just lightens it up a bit. Bet it's not as hot in the summer either!

Well Baby still not arrived... So today I awoke with "Time to do the Dashboard!!!!

Unfortunatley the weather has been very showerey so It was kinda popping in and out the house do pieces at a time :roll:

Sorry guys, but I wasn't able to take snaps along the way!!! in fear of dropping our newly purchased camera....

Didn't find it that hard really.... Again just a really fiddly job and screws that were in awkward positions which leaves you scratching your head... "How the fook am I supposed to undo that"????????

Anyhow heres the finished product..... Only think left now is to do the front 2 A-pilars, when I find someone that has some!!!! :wink: :wink:

Only Problem that I've experienced is for some reason that alarm and immobilser arn't working!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I remember fiddling with a Box above the Active spoiler control unit that set the alarm off when i was messing on that side :roll:

Although car starts perfect .... I'll investigate tomorrow...

Really pleased how its all turned out.. I've basically stripped the interior to the bone and changed it all from Grey to Black in jut 2 days really...

Never done anything like this before... So really chuffed with myself :D

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

Suspension arrives next week..... So can't wait to get stuck into that next :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

nice 1 marcus the black trims look familiar :) looks a lot betta now

Easy Bobby...

Mission and a half... but all worth it in the end 8)

Cheers mate

MTC – I rate you dude, can’t believe you’ve done all this on your own. Interior looks great, would of gone for beige myself or to be totally different, red leathers…Imagine that, black car with red leathers, like the red nappa leather you get in the BM’s…. does anyone on the forum have red leathers in their corrado ?

MTC - lowered + Rims = phat looking ride......good luck with the rest!

Storm_VR6,

Ahhh I see your becoming familiar with the use of pics ;)....

Got to say, that is an excellent example of a Storm!!!! For the mileage covered I'd say its been cared for 100%...

I hope you don't sell it, as I'm sure you'll be full of regrets.....

I want to see red leather in a RADO.....!! Preferably a black Rado with red leather.......

MTC - Thanks for the comments.

Has the suspension arrived yet ?

Look what I did today...... Yeyyyyy!!!! :D

Well thanks to G60Griff for the lovely Magnex exhaust and meeting me half way....... TOP BLOKE (And lovely looking "C") - Cheers fella

Anyhow...... On one of my mission days so wipped of the old exhasut..... Never done this before either :? Came off with not too many problems really....

I only started scratching my head when there was no joining piece from the back box and over the rear axel :?: :?: :?: :?

So out came the grinder and away it came....

Lined up all the new magnex system..... Bolted it together and hey presto!!!!! Sweet as a nut....

Still can't beleive I managed to do this myself while only on axel stands :D

Oh yeh..... Change the suspension over to FK Coilovers... Courtesy of Darren (Gworks)-- Nice chap!!!!

And heres the pics

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

The drop makes the biggest difference, nice one.

Btw any chance of bending the front numberplate back a bit? I think it will look much better like that.