potatonet

I know this will get locked immediately.... perhaps not....

well when it happens here in the states, you kind of get nervous, especially when its only 2 states away.

btw it looks like an angry wolf.

They're called Zenner Diodes and are used for restricting voltage.

I'm sure Clarence Zener will forgive your typo, even if javascript:bbfontstyle('', '');

#BFBF80I won't :)

Meh, it was closer than Z... ;)

I like how JMC's link dissapeared from the last page magically, the one that had a link to the theory being proven by einstien, the one that said it was a "bomb" in physics.

Now you're the one getting paranoid - his posts are all still there...

All the wiki says is that Einstein tested the orgone accumulator and found some slight differences in temperature around it. He later came up with a few theories to explain why he'd had those slight temperature changes due to conventional physics. Either way - it's hardly proof that orgone exists or that Reich's theories are correct.

Also - it mentiones that other places repeated Einstein's experiments, but there's no indication as to whether they had the same results or not and what their conclusions were...

I like how JMC's link dissapeared from the last page magically, the one that had a link to the theory being proven by einstien, the one that said it was a "bomb" in physics.

The link refered back to is on the bottom of page 8 potatonet - if you could be bothered to read back through some of your own threads, you might have found it. I know its difficult to wade through all the bull on here as there is so much of it. Oh and by the way "disappearing magically" would be more in line with your research.

As I've mentioned before if you don't actually want anyone to question your 'theories' then by all means let me know, and I'll stop digging and trying to actually understand it. As a scientist it is my job to question why things work, rather than just accepting intersting phenomena. At some point though somebody will question the science and ask for proof, and this being your area of research you'll have to get used to that, and deal with it like an adult rather than resorting to the "I don't care about ideas based upon established principles they must be wrong". It a shame you're not open to people questionning the work..... But never mind.

It's all potatoes!

Well do you remember the Back to the futureIII film where the floaty car used potato skins to power it, i think it all stems from that with out friend across the pond! :wink:

Chris

I think we've got several genuine problems with this idea, and that's if it's not a load of shiiite (which i think it is btw) Firstly, how're the piston rings gonna seal? they won't work properly with a vaccum in the cylinder, secondly, how're the valves gonna work?? if you get much vacuum they'll open, it's only spring pressure which holds them closed, and i recon the vaccum will pull them open before it pulls the piston up and swings the crank, at least if there is much load on the engine.

I think Kenny Craig (off little Britain) could help us all with this, "look into my eyes, look into my eyes, not around the eyes, into the eyes....." etc

I think we've got several genuine problems with this idea, and that's if it's not a load of shiiite (which i think it is btw) Firstly, how're the piston rings gonna seal? they won't work properly with a vaccum in the cylinder, secondly, how're the valves gonna work?? if you get much vacuum they'll open, it's only spring pressure which holds them closed, and i recon the vaccum will pull them open before it pulls the piston up and swings the crank, at least if there is much load on the engine.

I like your thinking there matey, I can't see the valves staying fully closed, in which case the vacuum would dissipate very quickly.

I like your thinking there matey, I can't see the valves staying fully closed, in which case the vacuum would dissipate very quickly.

It's alright, i've just worked it out, the special engine dwarves can pull the stems closed while singing thier little song about joe cell!!!

I just started thinking about the valve action really, i suppose you could have the stems running in cam tracks on the cam shaft to hold them closed, but it'd be a hell of a lot of work.

Interestlingly, just had a chat with a collegue about what happens when you burn Hydrogen. Now I was under the impression that when you burn hydrogen you get an implosion rather than an explosion, due to the fact the you start with H2 + half 02 and it produces H20. So you start with 1 and half molecules and end up with one. BUT, when you burn hydrogen it produces a lot of heat and therefore you get steam as the by product rather than water, which takes up a lot greater volume, thus giving an explosion. Hydrogen fueled engine operate pretty much the same as normal petrol combustion engines.

2p

actually going off Potatoheads theory they should need any valves what so ever as the weird gas passes straight through the block.

http://planetforlife.com/h2/h2vehicle.html

So the joe cell just produces hydrogen, which then runs the engine, with no magic involved? So where's the big conspiracy in all this?

Also in some of the websites about the 'joe cell' it says joe successfully ran an engine, and eventually managed to even disconnect the fuel line. But whilst fuel was still connected wouldn't there be both an explosion and implosion within the chambers?

this has got to be one of the fastest growing threads in a while.......

i caught it on the first page yesterday - it's almost as prolific as the chocolate bar thread!!!!!!!! :)

One question: Will my car fly?

;)

Short answer no, long answer yes.

Do you happen to know anyone with a pneumatic cannon?

Interestlingly, just had a chat with a collegue about what happens when you burn Hydrogen. Now I was under the impression that when you burn hydrogen you get an implosion rather than an explosion, due to the fact the you start with H2 + half 02 and it produces H20. So you start with 1 and half molecules and end up with one. BUT, when you burn hydrogen it produces a lot of heat and therefore you get steam as the by product rather than water, which takes up a lot greater volume, thus giving an explosion. Hydrogen fueled engine operate pretty much the same as normal petrol combustion engines.

2p

I mentioned this to potatonet about 5 pages back mrbeige but apparently standard science isn't worth refering too in these situations....

2p

I mentioned this to potatonet about 5 pages back mrbeige but apparently standard science isn't worth refering too in these situations....

I didn't realise there was any science involved, i just thought it was a forum wide crack smoking session!!!!!

Anyway, I've got to go, the otter is waiting outside to give me a piggyback to the circus.

One question: Will my car fly?

;)

Short answer no, long answer yes.

long answer, yes?! - only by one letter, so not that much longer, really......

I have a new technology that makes supermarket trollys fly...

1/ Let it bang into your car on a windy day

2/ Make it fly.

to answer all your questions here we go, I know I should be posting videos right now as I promised, but I havent taken them yet.

dinkus, einstein verified something was strange, but then said it was convection currents, this was later disproved by the guy that was murdered.

JMC, I am questioning it, thats why Im making the bloddy thing and trying to get it to work!

coxy, yes a floaty car would be cool.

ChrisVR6, no response to that

toad, I was wondering about the valves myself, perhaps the spring force is great enough to hold them? I remember it was a B|tch to get them to compress when changing valve seals. since then I put sport springs in that are stiffer.

Mr. beige, you are on the right track.

coxy again, you still need to let air in, I dont know if the stuff would blow in a vacuum

trigger, if you created a 9 ring cell, your car would float apparently.

16Vradge, not hydrogen, something else that I cant prove or disprove at this time, I dont know what it is, thats why Im trying to make it.

H8RRA, maybe we could substitute joe cells for chocolate bars one day, both make you feel good.

JMC, you said hydrogen imploded, not exploded, or at least thats what I read. hydrogen explodes or implodes depending on the conditions of its surroundings. If I read your post wrong, I apolagize.

trigger, anger management, jk

16Vradge, not hydrogen, something else that I cant prove or disprove at this time, I dont know what it is, thats why Im trying to make it.

JMC, you said hydrogen imploded, not exploded, or at least thats what I read. hydrogen explodes or implodes depending on the conditions of its surroundings. If I read your post wrong, I apolagize.

Do you have any friendly chemists at your college who would be willing to run a mass spec for you potatonet? Once you've got your cell bubbling away it would be a simple task to siphon off a bit of the gas produced in to a tube and get a mass spec run on it which would tell you just what it is.

I believe at my new college I will be able to do this test JMC, I am actually planning on containing some gas and get it tested when school opens up in fall. it should be very interesting to see what the results are. currently summer session is in but there are no chem classes in summer.