Jim

Jim's Corrado - ciao to the Fiat! Hello to.. (P64)

Nice one Jim, your new corrado comes with a great interior! ;) :lol:

Don't feckin remind me :p :lol: I swear we all suffered mild hypothermia that day!

Yes, it's true :( I will be moving into a house in December so the Corrado needs to go for a deposit. To say I'm hearbroken is the understatement of the century especially with the amount of work that's gone into the car over the last year. It's basically been a mechanical restoration! I'm glad that Jim is getting hold of it as I know he will continue the good work. All it needs is someone to spend £700-£900 on some paintwork and you really have a car that will match kips.

I have the last week of this month off work to spend my final week with the car, get some photos, clean her and enjoy the last few miles :grin: I know having an R32 softens the blow but the Corrado still offers something the Golf doesn't which I still can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's the spoiler, the awesome handling, the feel good factor or the fact that nearly everyone who walks past it has an opinion or positive comment about it. But it's a car I will remember fondly.

I'll probably do a writeup on it when it's gone, but I'm already missing it and it hasn't even gone yet, lol.

Maybe it's the spoiler, the awesome handling, the feel good factor or the fact that nearly everyone who walks past it has an opinion or positive comment about it. But it's a car I will remember fondly.

I'll probably do a writeup on it when it's gone, but I'm already missing it and it hasn't even gone yet, lol.

Sob, I'm welling up.... :cry: :lol:

Whtat am I going to do with my evenings now? You'll have to bring the R around for some jobs instead :D

Maybe it's the spoiler, the awesome handling, the feel good factor or the fact that nearly everyone who walks past it has an opinion or positive comment about it. But it's a car I will remember fondly.

Whtat am I going to do with my evenings now? You'll have to bring the R around for some jobs instead :D

You could come and help me do more jobs to mine? Bit of a treck though I suppose :lol:

The Corrado needs one last job as the drivers check rod is snapped! :grin: The R32 already has a job waiting when it goes back on the road :lol:

Jim, great to hear that a VR is on it's way to you 8) and even better that you're keeping the valver too! Looking forward to seeing the new C soon

Well done Jim. Welcome to multiple Corrado ownership its ace; at least yours are different colours :D

Well done Jim. Welcome to multiple Corrado ownership its ace; at least yours are different colours :D

I did kinda fancy the idea of two Flash Red Corrado's... but happy with whatever coloured Corrado came up as long as it was the right car. I have favourite colours but I'd have been happy with any colour :)

Jim, great to hear that a VR is on it's way to you 8) and even better that you're keeping the valver too! Looking forward to seeing the new C soon

Thanks Fay :) Still must try a passenger ride in your newly fettled VR.. everyone I've talked to who's driven it has come back hugely enthusiastic about just how good the KW's are, and how well your car drives so keen to see what it's like! :) Will catch up soon enough I'm sure :)

to quote Sonicriots current thread title - about feckin time too!!

Am actually really pleased to see your getting a VR Jim. Seems like you've been on about it since I first started lurking on the forum years ago!

good work. :clap:

Well done on having 2 corrados, which one will be on the road then?? :lol:

Do you think "Corrado spotting" owners in your local Sainsburys (when neither of you have actually gone there in a Corrado) counts?! :)

The driveway is big enough for two Corrado's thankfully.. I don't put the Merc on there because it's a pain shuffling the cars around all the time, but the Corrado's I won't want to leave out on the road if I can help it.

The Merc will no longer be blocking up the road (along with your Passat and the 200SX!!) as it's off for scrappage on Wednesday - my partner is getting a new car and it's been used in p/x :(

Haha yes maybe there should be a new thread 'Corrado owner spotting' :wave:

I know your pain of shuffling the cars around, what i would do for a double width drive!! I would like to point out that we only own one of the 200SX's thats parked out on the road, the green one is our neighbours! For fairly unusual cars our 2 roads do alright don't they :lol: There will be 3 corrados and 2 200SX's.

What new car is your other half going for?

Yeah - our two roads do ok for cool cars, no doubt about it! A guy a few doors down from us as an M3 convertible as well but it rarely seems to move off the drive...

She's gone for a diesel Micra. Primarily because Nissan were happy to take her old Ka in p/x AND do scrappage on the Merc so it halved the price of the new car. We test drove the petrol and diesel and the diesel was just so much nicer.. certainly not monstrous torque or anything but an excellent city / short distance commuter - and did have some good poke in-gear. And with only £35/year tax and something insane like 70MPG, it had to be the more sensible choice.

Plus, with only a Micra to fit on the drive, leaves more room for my cars ;)

Yeah - our two roads do ok for cool cars, no doubt about it! A guy a few doors down from us as an M3 convertible as well but it rarely seems to move off the drive...

She's gone for a diesel Micra. Primarily because Nissan were happy to take her old Ka in p/x AND do scrappage on the Merc so it halved the price of the new car. We test drove the petrol and diesel and the diesel was just so much nicer.. certainly not monstrous torque or anything but an excellent city / short distance commuter - and did have some good poke in-gear. And with only £35/year tax and something insane like 70MPG, it had to be the more sensible choice.

Plus, with only a Micra to fit on the drive, leaves more room for my cars ;)

My sister used to have one of the new micros. Not my kind of car by any means, but for the price it had so many clever features and options on it. Quite impressive... it even had keyless entry :D It felt quite solid too.

Ahh... this one is poverty spec apart from the diesel engine! But even on entry spec you get remote central locking and electric windows. Coming from a base spec Ka, it's like going up from a Mercedes A-Class to an S-Class ;) The lack of noise in the cabin compared to the Ka is staggering!! :)

Ahh... this one is poverty spec apart from the diesel engine! But even on entry spec you get remote central locking and electric windows. Coming from a base spec Ka, it's like going up from a Mercedes A-Class to an S-Class ;) The lack of noise in the cabin compared to the Ka is staggering!! :)

Dont think my sisters was by any means a top end spec, possibly a mid spec'd one. Still there's worse cars to have, if you look passed the looks.

Mercedes has gone.. bless it. I felt like I was taking an old dog to be put down! :(

On the plus side, catching the train at 1.30 to Ipswich, and picking up the VR tomorrow :clap:

I bet you can't wait until the drive home tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to reading how the find the VR6 compared to the 16v.

Mercedes has gone.. bless it. I felt like I was taking an old dog to be put down! :(

On the plus side, catching the train at 1.30 to Ipswich, and picking up the VR tomorrow :clap:

Nice one Jim, are you at the AGM in the VR?

Jim, congratulations mate :clap: . I know how much you have always wanted a VR6. I know nothing about the one you are buying, but from knowing how patient you have been that it will be a good one. Hope to see you and it sometime soon, hopefully Stanford Hall in a months time? Enjoy tomorow! I remember that feeling of going to pick up my first VR6 so well, one i will always remember with happy memories.

Short answers ahoy (posting from my phone on the train) but yep - aiming to be at the AGM in the VR :) Same for Stanford Hall.. Am down for the CCGB stand - will keep an eye out for you Del. Any of your cars on any of the club stands there mate? :)

will keep an eye out for you Del. Any of your cars on any of the club stands there mate? :)

Not sure yet, will let you know nearer the time.

He's buying mine. Of course it will be good! :) All it needs is paintwork as it's basically been an ongoing mechanical restoration since I got it a year ago. He is getting a good one without a doubt and I reckon as soon as he takes it for a spin he'll know why the VR is rated so highly :norty: It made 200.1bhp at the Stealth rolling road last year so the engine is as strong as an Ox.

Just gave it a last clean in the pouring rain and I'm completely soaked. Neighbours think I'm :cuckoo:

Really sad to see her go. I'm going to take it for a quick 15 minute spin tomorrow morning before Jim gets here. I need to say goodbye :wave: If I wasn't buying a house there is no way she would be going, but at least she's going to a good home and I can keep an eye on her. Good thing is I know exactly what lets it down (basically paintwork and the odd rust spot appearing) so I can liase with Jim and help him get the best out of it.