Jim

Jim's Corrado - ciao to the Fiat! Hello to.. (P64)

...I think it'll look good on the new rims Jim...

think he's keeping it a bit of a secret...

I might have seen you already awigman - what sort / colour Rado do you have? :)

Yeah - may as well keep the wheels secret. Alas they're nothing spectacular (like some 3 piece split rims or anything like that) but they are great on the Rado and they will make the ride a bit better!! :)

lol no.. i'm not old skool enough for them ;)

Strange you should mention handling.. but me and 2cc had a bit of a tussle on the way out for some grub and beers a few weeks back (yes - racing a 56 year old! He really should know better!! :p) and his 1.8 valver was all over me in the corners whereas mine seemed to be very shaky and unsure! Maybe its just down to the driver as i've never been much for throwing cars around the corners...

It's Chris mate, he's a damn good driver.

What will you gaul you even more about Chris's car is his steering is sheeeite! We both agreed on that at the show, it's not me being critical but you can turn his valver's steering wheel almost 2 cms before anything happens at the road wheels.....so it's all down to driver skill mate, you're just a southern flowery frock wearing shandy drinker....to coin a ChrisVR6NOS phrase :-) Mind you, 9x16s are next to useless for spirited B road drives I have to say.

I think with a change of wheels and just getting the suspension levelled out (as its slightly jacked up at the rear currently) it should help a fair bit though!

Absolutely, the lighter and narrower the wheels, the better. Rear needs to be about 5mm higher than the front for optimum balance. Lose the front Eibach aswell and it'll turn-in better.

Oh - and new wheels have just been sorted! So much for the Comp2's but these are just as good..... :)

Estorils? :-)

think i seen you by the ryton plant a while back. iv got a green 16v with 17" RS3's reg ending in ALX il keep an eye out

Don't know if i've seen you before mate but will keep em peeled! :)

Bump.. quick camera phone shot of the Borbet C's.. not had a chance to give the car a proper wash etc so not wanted to take any pics of it! :)

Just had the front raised up today (by about 4cm!) and had a full alignment, so that it sits only about 1cm lower than the back.. looks much better jacked up on these wheels.. the lowered. Pic was taken before I had it raised up..

Cheers.

That is so lovely. Reason why I'm staying with red :D

Gonna colour code the recess plate? :)

Soooo much better, Jim :D Borbet C's suit the Corrado down to the ground 8) Are they 15's or 16's?

looks good mate! bet your enjoying the ride and handling a bit more now too...!

nice one... :)

Jim> that pic taken at NewTyres4You by any chance?......I was there last week having some 215/35/16s put on my 9x16 without scratching the polished lips - they know their stuff!

Laura, where did you get the eyebrow spoiler from? Is it abs plastic or fibreglass?

Mav3 - hi mate - thanks for that! No, no plans to code the rear recess. I've always liked it in black and not as keen with it colour coded so.. its going to stay as is now :)

Cazza16v - 16" mate. Very pleased with em mate, definately :)

scarlett - indeed :) Still very pleased with the car btw so thanks :) Will miss the look of the Borbet T's but these make it so much easier to drive! :)

Valver - alright mate - yeah, it is NewTyres4U - you are right about them knowing their stuff. Me and Eric have been there a few times now and I think I might start going for general workshop stuff as their labour rates compare very favourably to Stealth and they are just round the corner from where I work. Highly reccomend them to anyone in the Coventry area.

Looks sweet... but then I would say that! :lol: 8)

Hehe.. when i've had the chance to give it a bit of a clean and polish i'll get more pictures :)

Hello mate.. no, not as yet. Just haven't had a chance to get outside and give it a going over with the right stuff. Might have a quick go tomorrow evening if the weather holds..

I don't have any shade at my flat and its either been blinding sunshine or thunderstorms with no safe bit between - so haven't really dared bring out any cleaning stuff beyond a sponge and some car shampoo!

Nothing to add but just an update. Just had a service over at Stealth, including:

* Coolant Flush

* New Spark Plugs

* Oil / Filter

* New Front Wheel Bearings

* Rear Brake Pads

Driving well now that the bearings have been sorted :)