Sign in to follow this  
ChrisWardVR6

Corrado VR6 Engine Cutting out.

This is quite often due to a dirty idle stabilisation valve- dead easy to clean and often eliminates the stalling (mine never stalled since I cleaned mine)

You should be able to find the instructions on here- if not then I'll post them up.

would you be able to post em as mines just started to do this(would have to be inters week :mad: )

sorry to sound dum,but anyone got a pic of where the isv is?

thanks

The Garage has just got back to me to say that the Engine speed sensor has been logged as being faulty on the VAG system.They cleared the fault & then re started the engine & checked the system again.The VAG system reported that the engine speed sensor was at fault again.Hopefully this is going to be the cause (Fingers crossed).

Does anyone know how much they are ???

Also I'll get the fuel filter done asap.Thanks for the warning.

.. around £140 plus VAT ..

Not good news.

Make absolutely 100% sure that the garage is not just seeing the "no signal" error before handing over the cash. As stated, the engine speed sensor ALWAYS shows no signal error if the engine is not running.

I've just had some work done on my car recently by the guys at Wheelbase garage in Hersham near Weybridge, Surrey. They are superb in there.

I had similar problems - but my car was running extra rich cos there was a problem with the fuel pressure due to a faulty valve and switch which resulted in the lambda probe not working correctly which created the erratic idle and cutting out at roundabouts due to a dodgy fuel / air mix.

I searched on here for as many reasons as possible to explain by VR cutting out, and asked for help of the many guys on here who are much smarter than me. Armed with all of this information printed out from a word document where I'd saved all the suggestions, I passed this on to the garage who seemed even speedier than usual to resolve the problems (oh and some dodgy leads from german and swedish had been causing misfires too which were resolved with some new HDs).

So I don'y know if it helps, but I reckon if you see the garage and show them that youve done your homework, it helps you get back on the road as soon as possible.

Give them a list of suggestions, and hopefully, like me you will be lucky and the problem will be one suggested by the guys here.

I think I'll do that, great suggestions by the way.The part won't be in until Friday so we'll see what they say.

They have confirmed that the fault appeared when they had the engine running. :?

We shall see.

thanks again for all the help.

Well I got the car back Friday night after the garage had fitted the new Engine speed sensor.Took it for a drive and all seemed well, until the following morning.Had only done 3 miles when I felt the engine try to cut out whilst driving along.It mangaged to keep going & not stall on me so i could get it home. :mad:

I've now checked all the relays under the dash & they seem in good condition so I don't think that could be causing the problem.

I've spoken to the garage & they will have the car back in to test it again.

Could this be a fuel pump/filter problem ????

Its odd how its trying to cut out but it will restart straight away but only after a cough & splutter.

It does rev ok once you get it started it just doesn't like it under load.

I did think about trying injector cleaner, It could be worth a go.

The Vag system came back with the engine speed sensor problem, not sure of the exact error, I'll ask the garage when I drop the car off with them.

Would a fuel pump cause this sort of problem ??

With my car I'd lost fuel pressure too, I'm not sure if I mentioned that in the earlier post.

The lack of fuel pressure could be a problem - it was part of my problem. If you are finding that your car always two turns of the key to start it could mean that your car is not maintaining fuel pressure (fuel pressure should stay in the Corrado, and if it doesn't then the first crack on the starter will get the fuel moving, and the second means it has something to ignite). Inconsistent fuel pressure can cause kangerooing and cutting out. Get them to check for this, and listen out for any whining which may be your pump on the way out.

I would have fuel filter changed (unless it has been done within last 10k miles).

We have seen on this forum how gunged up they can become and some owners/garages fail to change them regularly, too.

Cheap.

My pump does make a noticable noise, & the filter has never been done.

i'm convinced its something fuel related as it gets worse when hot.When it was on the rolling road they check most of the electrical stuff & it was fine even the HT leads were ok.

I'll get the filter done.

cheers for the help,Fingers crossed its something cheap. :mrgreen:

I know its been a while ChrisWardVR6, but did you sort your cutting out problems ? Im having the same problems at the mo its driving me mad :mad:

Hi,

Mine was the cam positioning sensor that was at fault.It came up on the VAG but that also thought the Coil pack was faulty so go figure.

Still replacing the cam sensor fixed mine.

Hope it helps.

Chris.