Sign in to follow this  
yellowg60

Boost return deletion kit, fitment guide

I couldnt find a straight forward answer on how to fit this mod after my search and have just got this from a mate of mine, thought it may be helpful for numptys like me. Its a good cheap mod, that lowers charge temp and makes a sweet noise as a bonus :wink: . anyways, here you go:

"Hiya.

ok, plate off the charger - http://www.evoposters.net/carsa/My-G60/IMG_0011

Stick the mini filter on the end of the idle stableisation valve - http://www.evoposters.net/carsa/My-G60/IMG_0009

stick the hose from the breather down so it can vent to the floor - http://www.evoposters.net/carsa/My-G60/IMG_0010

all the other tubing and pipe work, remove. So it looks like ; http://www.evoposters.net/carsa/My-G60/IMG_0008

if you click on the pic it gets bigger.."

Hope it helps?

nice. Remember, the more enviromental way to get rid of the oil fumes would be to vent them to an oil catch tank, with a small cotton filter attached to it.

Good guide though. Use a few more words and make it a wiki :D

I just fitted a G60 to my mates golf and were going to do the same,but i routed the brether via a catch tank back to charger as the oil mist is needed to lube the apex seals or it will half the charger life.

quick squirt every 2/4 week can be ok :)

chargerfullblendpsd2.jpg

Never thought about this,will that lube be ok? Jabba said use mist from breather and mentioned nothing about spray?

G60's are new to me :wink:

What is Lube plus,teflon or something?

its apparently better than mist from the oil... been using it for 6 months and its fine. monthly should be enough.

yep 8)

its available from the likes of pitstop developments or g-werks.

definately better than the oil mist which is warm recirculated air.

neil.

copied from one of my previous posts...........

there is also the theory that the hot oily vapour that gets fed back to the charger washes away the ptfe grease coating that is applied to the internals of the charger, hot air is a bad idea anyway as it reduces the efficiency of the charger.

I found before i removed the return pipe that after a good thrashing the charger would be hot to the touch and after i removed the return it ran quite cool, it didnt really give an increase in power but it did seem to reduce the loss of power which occured when the charger got a bit toasty.

there is allways a nice layer of the ptfe lube on the inside of my charger now but before i had it re-built at g-werks and removed the return i took it apart myself and all there was inside was a very thin patchy layer of mucky black oil which looked like it had actually built up around the apex strips rather than lubricated them.

personally i wouldnt believe a word jabbasport say after seeing one of their chargers that was supposedly a stage 4, and even had s4 engraved into the casing, but had absolutely no porting work whatsoever and had to be re-built again after 2k as one of the seals had been fitted on an angle causing it to fail and leak like a sieve.

Does anyone know what size bore and length the pipe that vents to either the floor, catch tank, beer can should be and also the size of the neck of the filter that needs to go on the ISV?

This info would be helpful for peeps doing the conversion :norty: .

Does anyone know what size bore and length the pipe that vents to either the floor, catch tank, beer can should be and also the size of the neck of the filter that needs to go on the ISV?

This info would be helpful for peeps doing the conversion :norty: .

I agree! Also, where can someone get that metal plate that goes on the charger return let??????

the guys at VWvortex said that the tiny filter on the ISV will leak more boost than tha ISV already leaks so you have to reroute it to the intake track somehow...any pics of that?

get a bbm boost hose kit like mine, got it all built in....

the guys at VWvortex said that the tiny filter on the ISV will leak more boost than tha ISV already leaks so you have to reroute it to the intake track somehow...any pics of that?

get a bbm boost hose kit like mine, got it all built in....

got a set on order from g-werks at the moment 8)

guys you can buy the whole kit off e-bay for £25 so dont go forking out $20 just for the plate as it will cost more after postage!

Stoney, how much was yer BBM pipe and where from?

Stoney, how much was yer BBM pipe and where from?

Gwerks about £175 ish i think, contact darren or check on bahn brenner website (in $ though!)

What is the point of plumbing the ISV back into the intake as its supposed to control overboost and vent it,Venting it to intake will have Positive pressure ether side of the ISV and it cant regulate overboost?

Can you just put a mini filter on the breather from the rocker cover then, rather than running a pipe to the floor, looks much neater!

Also when you remove the boost return pipes there is a big pipe left open near the bulkhead, what happens with that, does it need blanking off, or just leave it?

Cheers,

Simon.

Also when you remove the boost return pipes there is a big pipe left open near the bulkhead, what happens with that, does it need blanking off, or just leave it?

That's what makes the noise Simon, just leave it mate :)

I took the mesh out of the original pipe and put it in that large pipe, no noise :cry: I will have to take it out then. Cheers Dave.

S.

Yip, I did the same thing with the mesh, cut the return pipe and refitted it with the mesh in it. I do alot of driving and the whistling noise at 70-80mph was driving me crazy but no dump valve noise anymore.

Also, I got a can of that PTFE spray from G-Werks, how do you guys use it. At the moment I'm just taking off the tube on the filter side of the charger and spraying it in there with the car idling, is this right or is there a better way to do it. Cheers Benny.