Sign in to follow this  
yellowg60

Corrado with Wolfsburg badges

Howdy fellas,

I have just bought Walesys yellow G60, which is a sweet ride for sure, well happy with it, however, I have plans :wink: .

I have just bought some 15" Alloys that have been refurbed black with a polished rim and wolfsburg centres. I also have some wolfsburg badges that replace the side repeaters, that I bought for my Golf G60.

Now the big question is, what do people think of Wolfsburg badges on a Corrado, I know Corrados were built by Karman, but at the end of the day, people run Porsche wheels and they wernt built by Porsche either :? .

Interested to know what you die hard Corrado bods feel, probably gonna run with it, just curious really.

Cheers for any input 8)

Gonna run and hide now.

S.

can of worms dude.

Its a bit like saying "Nissan the pride of Spanish engineering"

oh and nice purchase, Mr wales lavished love on that car in the way only he can.

(please dont do it)

Yeah, thought so, Walesy did warn me to be honest :lol:

Might have to stick with the Porsche wheel badges that also come with the wheels :roll:

We shall see though :p :lol:

yellow,

The question here should be directed back at you...what do you think of Wolfsburg badges?

Personally I have a Wolfsburg number plate surround that I was thinking of changing, but I like it so I am keeping it. If people want to say it doesn't belong on there then I say to them give me £4k and they can do whatever they want to the car as it will belong to them.

I started out as a Golf man and my heart still sits with the Mk1 and Mk2's, therefore it is an homage to where I have come from as opposed to the car or else I would have a Mexico flag flying from my beesting seeing as part of my chassis was pressed there.

You'll almost certainly get a no from most people because Corrados were made by Karmann in Osnabruck and there was never a Wolfsburg Edition of them (for obvious reasons).

Quite a few die-hard Corrado types are proud that they drive a Karmann rather than a VW, so would get upset about Wolfsburg badges. Others might just thing you were ignorant to it's background and slapped the badges on cos you'd seen them on a Golf.

It's your car and do what you like to it, but if you're asking the opinion of others then I'd guess that's what most people will say :)

'..... so would get upset about wolfsburg badges' ?

does anyone really care what others do to their car? take the p*ss maybe, but get upset?

got a spare set mate? ;)

Aye... gotta keep those Wolfsburg badges off really.. but at the end of the day its your motor mate and it really is up to you what you want to do with it! :)

This is the badge you REALLY want on it though... ;)

my personal view is: porsche badges on porsche wheels are okay, because the wheels were made by porsche - however, porsche badges on the car would be wrong, as would "Stuttgart Edition" badges (if they existed!), because the car was not made by porsche. hence, i personally don't agree with Wolfsburg stuff on Corrados because it was never made there.

however, that is only my personal view, and hell, if you wanted to put Ferrari badges on your car ;) then that's your choice and only your own opinion should really matter... :)

It's your car chap. I couldn't care less what you do to it :)

Anyone that does have a problem with it needs to remove their head from their backside.

i currently have wolfsburg mats.. which do bother me. however, until a set of cheap decent replacements come along, they keep my karmann carpet clean.

your call dude.

I haven't progressed them yet mate.. might look into it when I have a bit of spare time tho :)

yellowg60, congrats on the purchase, walesy really does 'love' every corrado that comes his way ;)

as for the badges, if it was my car i wouldnt do it. as has been said above theres no real connection between the corrado and the wolfsburg plant (well, its wasn't built there at least) which I imagine every vw-nut and his dog would take great delight in telling you when they spot the badges, personally i'd get sick of saying 'yes, i know'. Stick with the porker caps, they're porker wheels after all.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers for the comments guys.

I collected the wheels last night and they look well sweet, pics to follow when I have put my stamp on the car and it has a bit more power :wink:

Jim if you make some of those badges in 45mm I will have six please :)

Simon.

I haven't progressed them yet mate.. might look into it when I have a bit of spare time tho

i know what you mean about not having the spare time jimmer, they would look the part if you managed to pull it off tho :thumbleft: