Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

whats should i do next?

ive got alot of the thing i wanted on my C done (spec blow) plus im trying to sorting out a rear brace, ARB & lupo wipers at tho mo. and i have put enought cash aside to do all my colour coding/stone chips i want.

dont want to go too on the power front (at the moment anyway), wouldnt mind geting her up to about the 230bhp mark tho. as for looks i think with the spraying done and some tidying/little touchs on the interior and engine bay she'll be just fine.

but what do you guys think, im open to any and all ideas???

are there any other ways to get the power and tourqe up to where i want them and still charge it and do the inlet manifold, cams ect latter when ive saved up another load of cash?

would chiping and mapping her do the trick?

could start off with a big bore throttle body.. then either cams/schrick and remap or go down the F.I route.

if you haven't already, replace all the suspension bushes, uprate the brakes, replace rubber brake hoses with braided, replace all the metal lines, and DOT5.1 fluid...

Then make it go faster... ;) :lol:

and ive been looking into ss exhaust manifold and de-cats?

anyone know anything about the streetperformance 6 branch item the guy in pvw put on his vr6? dosnt look to bad and with around a 10% power boost plus a the 10 year warranty of only 195 notes it sounds like a winner, especially when the supersprint item is about the £350 mark?!

yea brake and clutch upgrades are on the list of to dos.

not sure whitch way to go with them tho, dont want to go to big!?

call me old if ya want to. but always do brakes before you make the car faster, especially with the crap standard brakes on the rado's. just go for some TT etc 312mm brakes. then charge it, when you total up cams/porting/chipping, manifold/exhaust porting etc etc, its cheaper to just to charge it, and what a sound :wink:

KADVR6 im not sure if i want to charge my C just yet :scratch:,

like i said the power ive got is good but would like to up it to the 230-240 mark! and i want the best tourqe i can get too, any ideas on how to go about this?

and will the 312mm tt brakes go under my wheels???

RADO.001, you seem to be a little bet at odds with yourself and what you want.

In order to get the bhp figure you want you will spend a huge amount of money and i've seem people not get that figure even so, the StageI Vortech Supercharger kit offers 250bhp and loads more torque than you will create with it being normally aspirated as it is now.

I think it was about £1750 for the StageI setup and that is upgradible as and when you would like more power.

So what's being said is do it wisely and the wise way is to supercharge it, else take no notice of anyone and go enjoy spending your money as and how you like.

Chris

completely agree chris, just start pricing things up RADO.001 stage 1/2 ported polished head, £550-£800. a set of good cams ie schrick £550. enlarged tb £150 re-map/chip £300 ish. stainless manifold (would not bother) £200ish. inlet/exhaust manifold ported £200. total it all up and you have spent approx £2200, and you may not even reach your goal of 240 bhp. and if you ever sell your car?? you can not really take most of these parts with you, with a supercharger you just unbolt it, sell it/put it on your next rado. as for the TT brakes easiest way to find out is phone style dynamix and ask if your wheels will fit a TT.

completely agree chris, just start pricing things up RADO.001 stage 1/2 ported polished head, £550-£800. a set of good cams ie schrick £550. enlarged tb £150 re-map/chip £300 ish. stainless manifold (would not bother) £200ish. inlet/exhaust manifold ported £200. total it all up and you have spent approx £2200, and you may not even reach your goal of 240 bhp.

Shoot me down if I'm wrong... but all these N/A mods would increase top end power at the expense of mid-range torque, right? Hence making the car seriously fun when you're booting it, but a complete pain in the arse around town and in traffic (i.e. most of the time if its your daily driver)

You could mod the engine for more mid range torque, but then you'd loose some top end power.

If you want more performance at all engine speeds, super it. Then in a few years, add a turbo for some really silly power at the top end :-)

Well you've seen the Supercharged thread haven't you, there's lots you can tinker with, intercoolers, small pulleys, Schimmel etc and stick nitrous on for ultimate shove when needed.

The moral of the story is if you want an all round performance increase then charge it!

KADVR6, you forgot to mention the price of remapping between mods which people will do as they mod thier car at £360 a shot if not more.

Chris

i haven't had a corrado yet, but i'm nearlly there ;) But rather than spend so much on supercharging why not just do the usual 1.8t and if it's 180bhp get it chipped to 225 or maybe even more...... the 1.8t seems bomb proof........

But that's a conversion and a different thread altogether plus you don't get the inprovments that come with a VR, drive them both and it won't be in question.

mattosmond, is that an damaged orange or are you showing us a few solar flares and a sun spot?

Chris

fair enough, i haven't driven either just heard all the vw scene jump on the 1.8t bandwagon,,,,,,, just bouncing off an idea!

fair enough, i haven't driven either just heard all the vw scene jump on the 1.8t bandwagon,,,,,,, just bouncing off an idea!

Just cos the kids are all doing something, doesn't make it cool 8)

The 1.8T is a nice engine, and many swear by it (there some great threads with really heated debates between the VR and the 20v camps, fun reading!) but at the end of the day 4 cyls will never match the smoothness or mean torque of a 6 cyl (when both are FI, and of a similar cylinder volume).

I understand people with 16v-ers and G60s upgrading to a 20vT, but swapping a VR6 for any 4 pot sounds like a down-grade, IMHO :-)

Petros i agree, would never swap my vr6 for a 1.8t! love the sound to much for a start! :D

anyway back to the subject, and your rite Chris VR6nos i havnt made up my mind about how i want to do it but i know i want 230bhp and LOTS of tourqe to go with it!