Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

got 3k to spend on the g60 or buy a vr6?

simple question really but i just keep changin my mind all the time,

my mot runs out on the g60 @ the end of the month,i know it deffo needs the bodywork sortin, the engines a bit smokey,needs new tyres an lookin @ the tyre wear looks like the trackin needs lookin @

its probs not to much to get done but part of me says just sell it an put the money to what i was gonna spend on the G an get a vr6

only thing is i don't reckon i'd get that much for her without an mot?

whats ya opinions folks?

what do ya want more power or more luxury? the g60 is always a bit mental when you really squeeze it the vr bei9ng more relaxed and sedate. i had the same dilema now im about 7k into the g60 and dont regret keeping it just wish i could finish it! every ime i say right thats it for this year something else comes up that i have to do as well!

if you buy a VR it will need just need stuff done to it too so you'll be in the same dilemma only with a different car and possibly less money in your pocket.... i wouldnt expect you'll get a good price on yours with no MOT either...

keep the G!!! :)

(or, sell it to me, I can give you 1.26p for it....... :lol: )

Just go for it mate with the G...... Ihad the same decision to make with the valver... No point in swapping for something else as this will also need money spending on it!.... Thats the joy of rado ownership!!LOL

right just got me check through this mornin,looks like i got 3k to play with :flower: :flower:

the bodworks gonna be the most expensive so i reckon i'm gonna be left with about 2k(unless i can talk the g/f into lettin me have a bit more) :lol:

so would someone like to draw up a little list of what i should get done to the G

Engine rebuild? Charger ported and serviced? SNS Chip and smaller Pulley? Ported Head? Ported Inlet Manifold? FMIC? Exhuast? Coilovers? SWG Twin Inlet kit? Cam? Mocal Oil Cooler? Rims?

..Darrens gonna love you ! :lol:

Spend it on the 60 - think of the fun that can be had ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-P

could do with gettin some info of daz i reckon,see if he could do me a nice little package,you know how tight the yorkshire folk are :lol:

It seems to me that this thread is full of non VR owners offering advice.

I started off my Corrado ownership with a valver and progressed, much as you seem to be pondering about, progressing that is.

The VR is bullit proof and produces 190+bhp and 181Lb/ft torque so how does that rack up agains the 4cyl harsh rattlier G60?

Every G i've been in has seemed like a less luxurious car indeed, with smaller wheel bearings and smaller breaks and lighter struts.

If you drive the two back to back i'll put money on it that you'd like the effortless squeeze up to 100mph in the VR than the thrashed efforts of the G60.

Plus what ever you would spend on a G60, spend it on the VR and you get more power and torque for your money.

It's not all about power though.

Drive the two back to back and decide then, listen to what people have to say but don't let them decide for you.

They aren't buying it and don't be romantic about your car either, it may just turn out to be the decision that bites you in the backside.

Chris