Sign in to follow this  
ziderapple

Hi all...

Hi, I picked up my Corrado yesterday, L plate dragon green VR with black leather interior. So I thought I'd join the forum and say hello. :)

I was just reading through the "spotted.." thread, nice to see you're a friendly bunch, I used to drive a MK1 golf and we all wave at each other. Hopefully I'll see some of you around,

Chris.

Fair few from your part of the world on here. Bringing her allong to Bristol Volks Fest this weekend?

Welcome along.

Fair few from your part of the world on here. Bringing her allong to Bristol Volks Fest this weekend?

Welcome along.

*cough* British Volkswagen Festival...in Malvern... :lol:

Edit: But yeah, do come along and say hi! :)

....Was going to say I went to the Bristol Volks Fest a few weeks ago.:roll:(if you were there you may have seen my Mk1 cabrio in the for sale area) Would love to go this weekend, but have to attened a stag weekend in Bournemouth... hard life.

Welcome! good to see another local lad.

did you see the fourm stand at bristol? we had 10 cars this year, a good start for the first year we've done it. ill be looking to make it bigger and better for next year, so get polishing! Where abouts in bristol are you?

Hello welcome to the forum. There seems to be more and more corrados in Bristol all the time. We have a L reg dark Burgundy VR6, give us a wave if you see us about :D

Yeah I did see the stand, was impressed. I was dragging my girlfriend around it saying "I want one" and now I have! :luvlove:

Will be sure to wave to you blackcat if I see you, and I'll get some pics up next week. just trying to sort out the stereo at the mo, why do people butcher the ISO conectors!! :censored: Ive got an alpine 9812rb, I've read through the post's on speaker set ups. Think I'll go for some 6x4's in the back - I realise this is controversial..

Hi, thanks for all the welcomes. Will post some piccy's as soon as I can get my camera off the girlfriend. The C developed a coolant leak today! Will be in at garage to be fixed asap, I'm pretty handy with cars (owning a Mk1 golf you need to be!) but just cant be arsed lately!

Hi, finally got some pictures up for you. Hope you like her. P.S Sorry for the size of the images, I uploaded them, then resized them and put them back up but the forum sems to keep them at the origninal sizes..

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Engine.jpg

Anyone recognise the induction kit? No markings on it... makes a bautiful sound though!

LeakyBits.jpg

Picture of the offending leaking flanges. I'm wondering if the new thermostst was left out as I did a 400 mile round trip yesterday cruising between 70 and 90 and the guage temp didnt go over 70 except when I was in some traffic when it would reach 80, oil temp according to MFA was healthy, around the 100degC mark. The coolant previously ran a fair bit warmer, but TBH I'd rather it was cool. (Only had the car about three weeks now so still getting the feel of everything).

Interior.jpg

Needs a good clean all over after trip.

Cheers.

Chris

hmmm, looks nice, although someone down the line has tried to pass it off as a storm by the looks of it :wink:

Hi, well if I'm honest I was wondering what the buttons were for myself, the car had been fitted with an aftermarket air con kit (or so I'm told) before I bought it which was ripped out by the previous owner as I quote "it was gash", so I guess that's what the switches are for, as they do say 'norm' and 'max', unless it previoulsy had standard air con which failed and a previous owner was to tight to have it fixed... doubt it though.

It has been lowered, I've not had a wheel off yet so cant say what make they are, but the struts are yellow and springs are red so could be Spax but then again could be cheapo budget crap, however it really does handle like its on rails! No takers on induction kit? The end has a hole in it and is not solid - unlike most I've seen.

BlackG60 I live just off Shirehampton Road in BS9 - soon to be living on Shirehampton road all being well.

Walesy If it resembles a Storm I'm happy with that! Its only missing standard air con and a year off a being a storm - correct me if I'm wrong. (94 L plate)

Thank's for the replys.

Chris.