Kevin Bacon

TT Wipers (arms & blades)

I just found a seller on Ebay who says he has "loads" of mk1 TT arms... not sure whether loads is 6 , 20 , or whatever...

result!

Thanks. I will take a look. I've literally just replaced my OEM wipers though.

I just found a seller on Ebay who says he has "loads" of mk1 TT arms... not sure whether loads is 6 , 20 , or whatever...

result!

Hi. Do you have a link to the seller or his eBay name?

Cheers

iv brought both arms n blades, i even have a new windscreen with all the trims and seals, so in thoery i should have bad ass visability!! just need to get around to finishing off my car!!

Hi. Do you have a link to the seller or his eBay name?

Cheers

here ya go , 20 quid each , and I explained we might need a few , and drivers side only . I rang the fella , seems like a decent bloke.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160709871396?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570.l1313%26_nkw%3D160709871396%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1#ht_500wt_1287

MUST sort wipers - Had to manually wipe screenwash off of my windscreen by hand this morning before I drove away - it was that bad!

Noticed this thread goes back some, from what I understand Audi TT Wipers are the way to go- Is this still the case?

Are the Audi Wiper Arms & Blades year specific i.e 2005 - 2006 etc?

No idea which arms & blades to order, I imagine they'll be a piece of cake to fit though - Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Ten Ton

part no:

Arm x2 - 8N2 955 408D

Blade x2 - 8N2 955 425E

.. yes they are piece of cake to fit.

Some people suggested to cut the blade (as it's slightly to long) or bend the arm to stop it touching the windshield sill. However, I did none of this. Wipers work like a charm, sometimes, especially during motorway driving, blade is touching the sill making faint "tap" sound. But been running it for some time, and noticed no damage or even bruise on the edge of sill - so I am leaving it as is. Maybe one day will get round cutting off that blade...

What's the latest price from Pat_McCrotch on these parts? My local TPS quoted me around £120 all in today, including my discount.

So Will they fit straight on or do they need a lilttle mod? I know the blade might need cutting but what about the Arms??

Edited by Johnny H

So long as the driver's arm parks higher than the passenger one, you won't get any clashing. No need to trim any blades.

You don't NEED to bend the passenger arm either, but I did because the wipers then sit more parallel to the lower screen trims when parked, which looks a lot better. It also provides more driver's / passenger blade clearance, meaning you can park the driver's arm lower.

Compare the pic on Page 1 to the pics on Page 2 to see what I mean.

Just got mine and just going out to fit them now.

£91.53 from Audi in Yeovil

---------- Post added at 2:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:04 PM ----------

All done, fitted with no probs, just needed a 13mm socket.

A must do to your Corrado.

Thanks FishWick :thumbleft:

so after reading 30 pages it,s still 2off driver side arms+wipers can these only be bought from dealerships

£20 cheaper then mine were 2 years ago !

thats got to be a first

What isit they say "it's not what you know, it's who you know" lol ;)

---------- Post added at 7:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:45 PM ----------

so after reading 30 pages it,s still 2off driver side arms+wipers can these only be bought from dealerships

Yeah that's it, get the part numbers from page 1 and go to a dealer, make sure you tell them you want them for a Corrado or they will prob think your thick and ordered the wrong thing, then order both sides for you as they did with me lol

If they think i am thick i will kick there balls

Thanks Johnny for clearing that up ,so much for not spending money on the corrado.It,s like a piggy-bank with a hole in the bottom,but i still luv it:cheers:

I went into Audi Basinsgtoke today regarding this, the prices quoted were £44.21 + VAT for the arms each, and £15.35 + VAT eat for the blades, total £142.97. That seems a tad steep compared what I've read on the thread so far. Anyone else getting different prices from different dealers? :scratch:

I paid £129 few months ago (that's inc delivery). Think prices vary a bit + some people have additional discounts on purchase so that counts too.