Kevin Bacon

TT Wipers (arms & blades)

I think there is more than one type of TT arm - some have that type of fitting, while some don't.

But my blades seem to match your description.

Sorry can't be of more help than that. :(

No no, the info you have provided has been great.

Much appreciated. :salute:

My 'passenger' wiper blade is from a Passat, but I'm not sure what my 'driver' blade is - it came as part of the 'Lupo' Group Buy kit.

BUT, remember that my blades are Lupo ones, not TT ones.

Sorry if I'm causing any conflict or anguish in this 'TT Wipers' thread, lol.

The Part numbers for my blades are - 6X2 955410C. Same for both Driver's and Passenger's side.

My driver's blade is - 6X2955426A.

My passenger's blade is - 1J29554Z68

Hope this helps anyone still on the old C wipers.

You did mean Arms didn't you?!!

I'm after replacing my Lupo blades so those numbers are great cheers - Stealers the best place to go or do you know somewhere cheaper?? :wave:

Just tried a Mk4 Golf wiper. The Mk4 blades are different lengths. One is 21" the other is 19". The longer one is the same length as a TT blade. So I fitted that to the passenger side and the shorter one to the drivers and it seems to work pretty well. Ok you're losing a bit of height on the top of the window, but only about 1 cm.

Anyone else used the MK4 Golf wipers or got an opinion on them?

Thanks to Pat McCrotch; TT wipers are a million times better than the original ones!

I havent noticed any scratching by the base of the passenger side arm yet; there seems to be a bit of clearance too. have i done it wrong?!

My 'passenger' wiper blade is from a Passat, but I'm not sure what my 'driver' blade is - it came as part of the 'Lupo' Group Buy kit.

BUT, remember that my arms are Lupo ones, not TT ones.

Sorry if I'm causing any conflict or anguish in this 'TT Wipers' thread, lol.

The Part numbers for my arms are - 6X2 955410C. Same for both Driver's and Passenger's side.

My driver's blade is - 6X2955426A.

My passenger's blade is - 1J29554Z68

Hope this helps anyone still on the old C wipers.

Hi, phoned up VW for these parts but the 1J295...... part number doesnt come up with anything.

eventually tracked the part number down to be 1J2955426B

best price i could get so far is £104.95 for the 2 arms n 2 blades. is that about right? ??

seems abit much !

I've just fitted a Bosch 928S aerotwin set of blades, they need to fitted driver's on passenger side etc, and they fit thus.......

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf05112009612.jpg[/attachment:3772f39m]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf05112009613.jpg[/attachment:3772f39m]05112009614.jpg[/attachment:3772f39m]

Simple and no trimming! 8)

Says on the box they fit Bora, late Golf Mk4, and Polo 9N1 09/01--> & 9N2 07/03-->

Hi, phoned up VW for these parts but the 1J295...... part number doesnt come up with anything.

eventually tracked the part number down to be 1J2955426B

best price i could get so far is £104.95 for the 2 arms n 2 blades. is that about right? ??

seems abit much !

Ah, ok. I blame it on the light, lol.

Don't remember how much I paid for the set via the group buy, but I'm sure it was less than what you quote above.

Maybe it's heresy, but has anyone fitted non-GTI Lupo arms and non-aero wipers?

I take it that it's the design of the arms on the Corrado that causes the issue here?

If you fitted the non-GTI Lupo arms and blades, would that work better?

I'm curious, as although the aero upgrade is a lovely functional upgrade 1) they're painfully expensive 2) They look gash.

'They look gash' ????

I think they look so much better that the oem wipers - but I guess it's all a matter of personal taste :)

Yes, I think they look gash - the single aero blade doesn't look right on older cars - it's out of keeping with the design.

I take it no one's tried the non-aero wipers then?

I swapped the wiper arms/blades from my mothers standard 02 Lupo and am really impressed with the wiping they give. It's three times better and the daft thing is, her Lupo benefits from my Corrado set up !!!

The drivers side blade on the Corrado sweeps the top rubber by about half a centimeter at the end of its stroke but I can live with that until I replace the blades.

Wanted to keep the standard look and seem to have successful. I'll post up some images when I find out where my camera is.

Not tried those exact ones but they look like ones i have used in the past. They're aero wipers but with the old school style clip, so yes, they just clip onto existing arms.

Not tried those exact ones but they look like ones i have used in the past. They're aero wipers but with the old school style clip, so yes, they just clip onto existing arms.

How did you find them? worth a punt at £5?

The ones i had were ok but didnt seem to exert as much pressure on the screen as proper aero ones. Although, compared to regular blades they were a good improvment.

Just to let you all know that due to the VAT increase and a 5% Parts Price increase this month the delivered price of the TT Retrofit wipers will increase to £107.50 delivered.

Sorry :shrug:

not much good if your Corrado arms have weak springs in them though, which is the real reason Corrado wipers get so bad.

Anyone tired these wipers?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AERO-FLAT-REAR-WI ... 3ef98670c0

Think they just clip onto your existing arms?

I have one on the rear of my rado and it works fine and matches the lupo fronts, I also have a set on my T4 and they work and look great, I'd be shocked if they fixed poor front wipers on the rado though, as Dave says its the arms that are sh1t3 on rados!