Kevin Bacon

TT Wipers (arms & blades)

Weekend car never needs to go out in the rain therefore top notch wipers aren't a worry any more! My old wiper mech has always been really slow dragging the lupo wipers across the screen making me think it's slowly dying.. the corrado wipers fly across the screen in comparison.

That and the arms I've had fitted since I got the car are wrong for it - and if you lift them off the screen, the arm fouls on the bonnet and damages the paint.. I've never fancied shelling out £100 for a new set of wiper arms / blade to replace them and now I don't really need to :)

I'm currently (possibly) throwing a new setup into the mix; TT wiper arms and Lupo blades (with a slight bending of both arms)

The only reason is because we didn't have enough TT wipers in stock, so I just ended up using the Lupo wipers that were already on the car :) The benefit of this is you don't need to chop any of the blades.

Did you ever get round to selling these or is the full TT set up still available? - Could be interested with winter coming soon.

Ian

Yup, TT wipers and arms are the best setup :lol:

If you want some drop me a PM.

Im happy to second that. They were a total god sent on a recent road trip to skye. Though dont run out of squirt juice as they need the lube, or the 15yr old mech struggles with the high friction modern blades.

An essential and simple mod. Highly recommended.

I third (or fourth, or fifth!) what G-lad says - the TT arms and blades were amazing on my recent trip to the Nurburgring in my 8V, they clean the screen amazingly well! :D

Well worth the £95 from Pat_McCrotch!

Right, got the TT wiper setup from Pat-McCrotch, and they work fantastically. 1000% better than the old OE ones.

DSC00113.jpg

I don't know if anyone else's set do this but when fitted, mine overlap in the middle:-

DSC00115.jpg

The passenger blade is nice and close to the edge of the screen, for maximum wipeage.

DSC00114.jpg

Both arms and both blades are the same part numbers. Is there a different driver's side blade that has the pivot further up the blade? 1" would do it.

Or how has anyone else got round this short of cutting blades down, as I don't really want to get into that.

The only way is to cut them down - if you've got a Dremel or some other sort of generic rotating cutting tool then its literally a 10 minute job! Makes it look much neater.

There are many different sizes of blades that will fit these, and the Lupo, arms.

I fitted a Passat driver's side blade to my passenger side Lupo arm and I have pretty good coverage now. Pic to follow, if anyone is interested.

There are many different sizes of blades that will fit these, and the Lupo, arms.

I fitted a Passat driver's side blade to my passenger side Lupo arm and I have pretty good coverage now. Pic to follow, if anyone is interested.

So - will the Passat driver's blade fit the TT passenger arm to give full screen coverage without trimming? :scratch:

The photos would be most welcome. :)

I agree with Philmo, If there is a specific blade that fits the already known-good tt arm on the passenger side, then I'd be much happier. I dremeled my passenger side tt blade, but id rather have an off the peg replacement for future ref.

I'm happy with the drivers side tt arm and drivers side tt blade on the drivers side of my C. :grin:

Here is a pic showing the passenger blade, from a Passat. It may look as if it' catches on the edge of the windscreen, but it just stays on the glass.

I'm not sure how the dimensions will work if fitted to a TT blade, however.

If anyone wants the part number. let me know.

That looks near perfect John! :clap:

Though, being a fussy burger I'd want to bend the N/S arm just 3 or 4 degrees parallel with the glass, to park the blade parallel with screen bottom.

Is the O/S just right then?

I'll take a couple more pics tomorrow, showing the o/s wiper, and if I can be really clever, the swept area.

I intend having a look at the TT wipers because the Lupo wipers do sit a bit high and in view where they pivot - that's me being a bit fussy, lol.

Mind you, having gone to all this trouble, I only really use the wipers around town and when driving slow. Rainex enables me to drive in rain at anything above 45 'ish without having to bother with the wipers :) Magic stuff !!

WOW!

Keen reportage photos. :salute:

Is it The Guardian or Independent you work for, John? :)

Nice to see the detail of the N/S blade parking - a miss is as good as a mile.

The setup gives good coverage right upto the O/S A pillar.

Do the blades keep 100% contact over the swept area?

Ta for the compliment - I'm very Independant, thank you.

But I guess I should admit to being a Daily Mail reader !

The blades keep 100% contact, thanks to the new blade design - so superior to the oem ones.

Ta for the compliment - I'm very Independant, thank you.

But I guess I should admit to being a Daily Mail reader !

The blades keep 100% contact, thanks to the new blade design - so superior to the oem ones.

John can i ask is that a drivers blade you have on the passenger side?

I've finally managed to get these wipers and arms fitted. They need a little adjustment but seem to fit ok, bar the usual clashing of blades in the centre - not yet shortened the passenger blade.

Though my problem is in your pic the passenger blade doesnt wiper as high as yours and doesnt get as close to the top of the window either. In fact its seems lower (shorter) then the normal wipers???

Have i done something wrong, i did use 2 drivers arms and blades as per part numbers on page 2?

Can anyone help?

they look like they almost wipe the whole screen :clap: looks like a good upgrade, I think they'll go on the list I got going,

Ah John sorry, just re-read the post and you used a passat passenger blade.

Could you post a part number so i can eventually get a passat blade, also others may want to do this too :D

oh... and how do you get the caps off the end of the blades, anyone?

I'll look at the part numbers and post here tomorrow.

The end clips - yes, interesting. They come off 'easily' on one of my blades - just grip the clip and pull it off, smoothly, not jerkily. But the other blade seems more reluctant to let the clips go. Strange.

I'll look at the part numbers and post here tomorrow.

The end clips - yes, interesting. They come off 'easily' on one of my blades - just grip the clip and pull it off, smoothly, not jerkily. But the other blade seems more reluctant to let the clips go. Strange.

Cheers John, would appreciate it mate. Yeah i cant seem to get the damn ccover off the end :bad-words: :lol:

My 'passenger' wiper blade is from a Passat, but I'm not sure what my 'driver' blade is - it came as part of the 'Lupo' Group Buy kit.

BUT, remember that my arms are Lupo ones, not TT ones.

Sorry if I'm causing any conflict or anguish in this 'TT Wipers' thread, lol.

The Part numbers for my arms are - 6X2 955410C. Same for both Driver's and Passenger's side.

My driver's blade is - 6X2955426A.

My passenger's blade is - 1J2955426B ( part number corrected )

Hope this helps anyone still on the old C wipers.

Ah i got TT blades and arms. I did think it was strange that my passenger blade wasnt as long as yours - cos you have a passat passenger blade. Does the passat blade fit the arm the same as the TT one, where a pin on the arm goes into a hole in the blade, then when the blade is parallel with the arm its held in place?

I think there is more than one type of TT arm - some have that type of fitting, while some don't.

But my blades seem to match your description.

Sorry can't be of more help than that. :(