Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Cold air ducting

Right, whats the best way to get some cold air into ny intake, which is on the wrong side of the car (compared to the 12v)? I was toying with the idea of those fog replacement vents, but gone off that idea now.

A mate of mine mentioned intakes for the bottom front valance, but Ive never seen these on a C.

Anyone got any ideas?

Your just wanting to show off your engine, not interested in cold air at all! :p

Get a bonnet scoop! :)

relocate the battery into the boot and put a factory airbox where the battery was...

That's the way I was going to do the conversion I was looking at on J-DUB... It's suprisingly simple to shift the battery... 8)

Your just wanting to show off your engine, not interested in cold air at all! :p

Get a bonnet scoop! :)

You know me so well :lol:

Henny you got any more info on that matey???

info like what?

Get some serious gauge red and black cables and an earth strap, get a plate and a captive bolt welded onto the boot floor, run red and black cables from boot to front of car and connect to original wiring to battery, add earth strap from battery in new location to boot floor to add a better earth back there too, bolt battery to new plate using original battery clamp onto new captive bolt.

Job done....

The only key things you MUST do are to make sure you run an earth back to the front of the car AND an earth strap at the back too else you could have problems with the electrics not earthing properly and you MUST make sure that the battery is VERY securely held down in the boot and preferably has a cover over it to stop things dropping on it and shorting across the terminals...

DubWhizz has just done this on his Goof G60 and it IS actually as simple as it sounds... 8)

Needs a good clean you mucky sod!

That was when the engine had just been fitted and it was still at PSI :p:p

Henny cheers dude, will have a think about that one ;)

Still open to other suggestions though guys.

transporter wing vent with some clever pipe work to get past the battery?

Remove the headlamp? ;)

Different front cross member to drop the radiator down a bit and put an airbox across behind the grille?

Loads of different options, just depends how silly you want to go or how original you want it to look... ;)

SWG are making a cold air intake that feeds straight to the airbox from a cut out in the front splitter ( 90mm only though , I would have thought )

EDIT - 8)

SWG are making a cold air intake that feeds straight to the airbox from a cut out in the front splitter ( 90mm only though , I would have thought )

EDIT - 8)

Thats what I want!!!! You seen any pics or links mate?

I think you'd have to remove the carbon canister to fit one, and as far as I know, they're in development still. It might be worth ringing Steve at SWG or PM him ( Edition 1 on here ) about them dude.

Would you want to risk having the air intake that low? just incase you had some deep puddle action on the go? I know I wouldn't want to risk sucking water up.

and as far as I know, they're in development still.

I'm sure they'll have all angles covered before getting them on sale mate :)

Stan, I'm going to use the air ducting that cooled my 12v DP. It's a factory C VR6 part, but not all have them for some reason. You can still get them from VW though.

If you look in my members gallery you can see the part I mean, and that it runs to the perfect location for a cold air feed to the 24v K&N. :)

It connects to a duct that sits behind the bumper grill thingy, below the left indicator/fog light.

Dutch

pics:

Rolex that would probably work, but Ive already got nearly £100 worth of K&N in there, so dont want to spent another £150. Cheers though.

Dutch, that looks ideal mate. I was thinking about my old 200sx, which had something similar, the other day and wondered if one of those would do it. You got a part number for it? Can you still get them from VW? Any idea on price?

I'll try and get a number for you. There's 2 parts and I remember it being somewhere in the region of 140 euro in total !

Dutch

:D how about leaving the bonnet off then every one can see that nice engine and you get all the cool air you want LOL , not much help really am i , sorry dude :D