Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

What Car? - Sub

You clearly skipped over the word 'relatively', as in, not entirely 100\0hallow. You are very nieve if you think women aren't attracted to posh cars.

no, of course they are, but theres a difference between being attracted to a posh car because the implied wealth of the owner and a general apreciation or 'liking' of a car. I think it depends if Neil wants to use the car to pull, or for a lady to be suitably impressed when he picks her up in it having worked his magic without the aid of material objects. My point was, if you're relying on your sw@nky (heh - swear filter moderated that!) motor to pick up women you're only going to get gold diggers, with the occasional exception.

hehe I tried to write sw@nky but had to change it to posh as the filter thought I was typing the old 5 knuckle as some call it

suitably impressed is what we're after

Jimbo - post some pics up of your S3 - I want a black one with white leather and low miles!

There's some in the gallery in my profuke to save cluttering up the link, unless you dont mind me posting some on here then I would be only too happy to oblige. :)

Also dont want to upset the Mod's by sneaking a Car Ad in via the back door! :lol:

what we need is a topgear cool wall created by women including cars which are a few years old.

I can quite understand the 'not getting in a subaru' comment, most women think scoobys/evos/skylines are big daft boys toys with stupid plastic bits all over them... unless they're petrolheads or skanky cruise tarts.

VX220 or Lotus's are hardly practical for a daily drive, far too track orientated, and how would you get your shopping from tescos in it!

Sadly to meet ALL the criteria in the first post, your probably looking at something like a beamer.

Personally I'd go for a Mitsu Evo 6 or 7, although again, a bit hardcore for daily drivnig/servicing etc...probably a scooby would be better in that regard.

300zx would be quite a good option. (Sorry but most women don't even know what make the car is let alone whether its a big daft boys toys with stupid plastic bits all over them) :wink:

(Sorry but most women don't even know what make the car is let alone whether its a big daft boys toys with stupid plastic bits all over them) :wink:

Oooh brave man, hope you had a steady hand to light that blue touch paper!

Now lets stand back! :)

I had a 995cc Brown Metro when I met my missus :lol:

Every time I see a Seat Leon (not the new shape) i'm getting more and more tempted, especialy black ones lowered . I think I need to have a test drive in one to see what they're like.

For pulling relatively decent birds, it's got to be a black merc of some description, CL500, SL55 etc but you're well up into the mid 30s for those.

If shes pullable on the basis of you owning a 30k car, shes not a decent bird.

You clearly skipped over the word 'relatively', as in, not entirely 100% shallow. You are very nieve if you think women aren't attracted to posh cars.

/\

The only women attracted to 'posh' cars tend to be the ones you expect you to then buy them a 'posh' car, so you're going to need more than £15k. I had an automatic mini 1000 when I met my g/f, car didn't come into it.

Someone in the works car park has a black Nissan 350Z, lowered, tinted and on chrome alloys, it looks the absolute nuts, and i dont usually like jap cars...... Chrome alloys show off the gold / bronze brembo caplipers behind the wheels, and has a rorty exhaust on it too.... Not sure if u could get one for £15k, but i am tempted.....

How about an BMW M Coupe. Rear wheel drive, 321bhp and exclusive numbers . Looks a bit wierd but I like em! 8)

M Coupe's are cool, we get alot of calls about customers compalining they are on their 4th Vanos, gearbox and diff though.

350z on chrome's... not going to be left in a car park over night

Kev - how many horses does the E55 in pistonheads have?

What do you rekon is cheaper to run out of an E36 M3 or Porsche 968?

My vote goes to the S3. i have thought long and hard about what car to get... but i cant think of anything i want more than another S3 at the moment to be honest. It did everything. It was very well built (as i can prove!!!) It was stinking fast, practical (2 week camping holiday in wales and the lakes with 4 people and luggage!), handeled well (with the right tweeks) and IMO looked great on the 18's. wasnt too expensive to run or insure or maintain and didnt loose much money on depreciation... infact they are still holding good money now!

Yes I do like the Audi S3! I can't decide between that or a MK4 R32

I think the Audi is prettier and I've never owned an Audi

But the Golf has a 3.2 V6 and looks a bit beafier

The Audi is about £4k cheaper

pro's and con's people!?

Of the 2 i would still choose the S3... even if they were priced the same on the second hand market. The R32 interior is noticably inferior to the S3 although those big seats look nicer. Speed wise. The R32 'feels' slower but its just the V6 power delivery. The S3 (especially a chipped one) feels amazing though and i got addicted to the boost surge. The R32 handles a little better out of the box but its nothing a bit of fiddling cant solve on the S3. custon tyre pressures. different rear ARB and mess with the camber a little and its amazing!

and ontop of all of that... it is cheaper on the second hand market! Im looking at spending £12k this time for a 2001 or 2002 car. most people still seem to be advertising them at around £13k but there not really selling that fast so i think there will be some bargains to be struck

audi s3

pros:

female 'likage' factor high, especially in black or silver.

cheaper = spare change to invest in mods

cons:

not a v6

may need suspension work to handle as well as the golf (not sure if the stock s3 is better than the a3?)

less in-your-face than the r32

r32

pros:

its an r32 :D

cons:

all the interiours I've seen in r32's have been pretty rank mixtures of bright alcantara and chrome

'i drive a golf' doesnt sound as good as 'i drive an audi'

I would think its a prime target for theft and valdalisam

all IMO obviously

audi s4

pros:

female 'likage' factor high, especially in black or silver.

cheaper = spare change to invest in mods

cons:

not a v6

may need suspension work to handle as well as the golf (not sure if the stock s3 is better than the a3?)

less in-your-face than the r32

r32

pros:

its an r32 :D

cons:

all the interiours I've seen in r32's have been pretty rank mixtures of bright alcantara and chrome

'i drive a golf' doesnt sound as good as 'i drive an audi'

I would think its a prime target for theft and valdalisam

all IMO obviously

errr S4 is V6 bi-turbo and then a 4.2V8..........i take it yer meaning S3 :wink: :wink:

hmmm very good points!

I know Guy had an S3 and an R32 - the S3 is sold

A firend of mine from school (Charlie) had an S3 and said it didn't have a nice engine noise - he's use to V6's

Nathan - How much to get 270 brake like you're old one?

The R32 goes to 300 with AMD having cams, Milltek and remap - 60 bhp extra without a turbo and the noise is amazing!

The S3 does look better and the interior is nicer, VW servicing is starting to be become the most expensive in the trade - nice to keep dealer SH on newish cars

biggerbigneil, the S3 just needs a decent remap (i used AMD) to get that power. An exhaust will help a little with the noise but theres no denying the fact its no V6! AMD charge around 3500 i think although i got it much cheaper (IE Free) for arranging a massive 25 car group buy!

The S3 handling is better than a stock A31.8TQ but its still not quite as good as the R32.

The R32 has bigger ARBs and different shocks and Springs. All interchangeable stuff though so its not the end of the world. I drove an S3 with a R32 rear ARB (there about £70 plus fitting from VW) and it made a huge difference!

On mine i just fiddled with tyre pressure and camber angles and that too made it like a different car.

biggerbigneil, oh and it was 260bhp not 270.

the 260 was verified on 2 different rolling road aswell which i thought was pretty impressive for just a remap. it certainly felt a whole load quicker aswell... as far as bang for buck performance upgrades go... remaping a 1.8T VAG engine is about as good as it gets.

the work you described on the R32 is about £1k or more i think i remember and didnt produce the goods on a rollings road day i arranged. An AMD stage 3 R32 produced less than my Stage 1 S3. which was nice!! :D