Sign in to follow this  
randal

Spoiler goes up... and up... and... ow. Nuts.

So I'm driving home from work the other day and my spoiler decides it's not gonna go up, or down or the button isn't gonna work or anything. Weird.

I left it for a bit, and this evening it went up. Then stayed up. Woo, another intermittent fault to deal with. :roll:

Taking the panel off with the boot open, I noticed a black knobby thingie in the centre so I gave it a cursory twiddle (no comments please) and the spoiler goes down... ...so how long have rados had manual returns on their spoilers?! All new to me!! :lol:

Anyway, after a manual twiddle (resist innuendo!) the button started working... only going up mind, and it choked going down (pmsl, ok this is getting worse). So I'm guessing the motor is on it's last legs? I've lubricated the (oh christ) shafts and that helped a little but not totally.

Any wonder fixes out there, or is it just better to replace the whole assembly?

Cheers in advance as always :D

Gents, I'm glad y'all find my erectile dysfunction amusing but it's still broken. Well, not always... ...cos once it's up, it's up all night. :lol:

Wow, I never thought I'd moan about that.

Sigh. :D

edit - Shatner. The man, the legend. Funniest performance has to be in Showtime. As for his album, COMMON PEOPLE IS AMAZING! :D Ahem.

:lol:

could be the motor, its a bugger to get out though to check. you need to get a power probe direct from the battery to the motor to see if it will work then. thats the best way to test if its definately the motor thats shot!

:lol:

you need to get a power probe

:roll: I've heard that one before....

should we leave you two alone... :wink:

Who doesn't love Shatner! The man is a legend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3vpwc6dECw

;)

Sorry for going OT!

In fairness - that's in a strange way actually quite good.

However the one below is one of his worst. Ignore the video that has been put over it to mock it as this was a serious rendition of a classic that is really quite awful.

And if you want a REAL giggle then buy the album it came off:- Spaced Out, The Very Best of William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy!!!

anywho, :roll: on topic... sounds like there's nothing wrong with the motor if it will go up, could well just be that the mechanism needs a good clean and lube up, or that there's a dodgy switch inside the mechanism...

happy to have a look and give you a hand with it if you wanna pop over tomorrow or Sunday (sunday's probably best)

So I'm driving home from work the other day and my spoiler decides it's not gonna go up, or down or the button isn't gonna work or anything. Weird.

I left it for a bit, and this evening it went up. Then stayed up. Woo, another intermittent fault to deal with. :roll:

Taking the panel off with the boot open, I noticed a black knobby thingie in the centre so I gave it a cursory twiddle (no comments please) and the spoiler goes down... ...so how long have rados had manual returns on their spoilers?! All new to me!! :lol:

Anyway, after a manual twiddle (resist innuendo!) the button started working... only going up mind, and it choked going down (pmsl, ok this is getting worse). So I'm guessing the motor is on it's last legs? I've lubricated the (oh christ) shafts and that helped a little but not totally.

Any wonder fixes out there, or is it just better to replace the whole assembly?

Cheers in advance as always :D

rofl :lol:

:lol: Who'd a thought a spoiler topic could be so riddled with double entendres? :D

Phil k - Busy as hell this weekend, off to MK boarding tomorrow and working on Sunday. Am off Friday if you're about? Cheers for the offer though matey - the lubed shafts will have to wait for a bit...

Henny - Yep, it goes up fine (albeit intermittently and not always on command with the switch) but it was really struggling to come down again. It flinched once and that was it. Unless the connection is that bad the downwards movement knocked it out of whack?

I really was surprised to find hte manual mech winder behind the cover panel last night, got the lass out to take a look at me giving it a good cranking in front of the neighbours. Suffice it to say she wasn't as happy as I was, and the neighbours made a sharp exit too... :roll:

im having similish prob.

it only goes up manually refuses to go up when i speed up, ne ideas thanx in advance

im having similish prob.

it only goes up manually refuses to go up when i speed up, ne ideas thanx in advance

That'll most likely be the speed controller that's been fried usually by connecting it up incorrectly to a head unit (even if it's just for a second or two). Have a search and there's quite a few topics on how to replace it.