Sign in to follow this  
AB

back from the bodyshop (all for sale)

no these are the parts from my car it only took them 2 days i gave them on the tuesday lunchtime and picked them up first thing on friday morning. the only thing is it may pay to remove and rubber parts ie bushes as the get baked at over 200 degrees, and they may get damaged i just brought poly bushes as the colours go well as well. i was going to have my gearbox powder coated but the bloke said i would damage all my oil seals and could warp the shafts in the box dont really want to take one apart.

everything was done by 2 companys in gosport

Yeah i'd be interested in their details too, just got some Porsche D90's for mine, have started to strip them and then thinking of diamond turning and clear lacquer so they are easy to look after rather than just polishing (also a bit more subtle/less bling) but having seen your powder coating, maybe that's the way to go, durable to...

Saw your car at the southcoast meet, mine was the grey vr next to yours, very nice and it looks like you are on a mission with it now!!!!!! Good luck, will keep an eye on progress...

cheers, laurence.

cheers all.

ljl16v the finish is good but i think the D90's would look ace diamond cut, the powder coating is ideal for a tuff finish under the car.

hopefully have more pics this weekend as i got a second loom ready to cut and extend mine.

the paint company is DTS brockhurst industrial estate and the powder coating is done by plasti-coat, again brockhurst industrial estate. i dont have numbers to hand as they are local to my work so i just pop in.

brought a run around while the c is off the road.it was a standard driver went a bit rat style on it. she is lowered 80mm on springs with 15mm lowering caps, de-trimed, stenciled, de-badged grille and a roof rack. just a bit of fun really, the other is my mates vr on merc rims and coilovers lots of subtle touches like de-trimed and de-spoilered.

few pics of the subframe and poly bushes. had to put this on so that i can trailer it to the bodyshop to have the engine bay smoothed, scuttle tray removed and all painted. The bottom pic is a 9.5x16 corvette rim which when we are not working on my car we are fitting to the mk3 vr6 in the previous pics.(what a mission). i have also had the hubs powder coated drive shafts, engine mounts all brake and clutch lines.

Hey fella, really impressed with this.. so want to get winter out of the way so I can get busy under the bonnet with my heap!

saw yr mates thread on E38 the vette rims looks phat!

friday removed the rear beam for the same powder coating treatment. i will also have all the rear brake lines done to match the front. i also removed the exhaust heat shielding so i can scrub it back to its shiny aluminium finish. with the rear beam out the way i can easily get to the fuel pump to remove and think about mounting my facet red top and regulator for the carbs. all this was in the rain i sure picked the wrong time of year to do this. :roll:

totally forgot about this thread, top work fella. :thumb right:

bay will look sweet with a carb valver 8)

just brought a donor corrado for the 2.0ltr engine oh and how handy it has full black leather as well. so i will be breaking the rest of the car soon.

alright mate, thought i'd try and put these up for ya. don't know if they're any better

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

and what's this all about???

DSC00131.jpg

cheers msh. thanks for all the help so faron my car and for the lift to pick up the donor corrado.

the blue corrado is my donor for full leather and my 2.0ltr 16v. also below is my much loved renault 5 gt turbo which is being sold and all ploughed into my corrado :cry:

Looking good Mate 8) . Is your new leather heated? If so I wouldn't mind a look at the loom as I need to make one for mine, a pattern would help with the cause as I have all the parts but need to work out how it all fits together.

no sorry mate not lucky enough for it to be heated. is your aqua blue the one with the purple flip in. i needed to know so i can advertise the pannels of my donor car.

no sorry mate not lucky enough for it to be heated. is your aqua blue the one with the purple flip in. i needed to know so i can advertise the pannels of my donor car.

I think you'll find that your donor car is in Aqua Blue. There are a couple of VR's round here in that colour. Mine is the one on german plates.

I haven't had mine painted yet and I'm trying to make my mind up on which body shop to use. The new year looks good for a respray if I've got any money left!