Sign in to follow this  
AB

back from the bodyshop (all for sale)

No worries it's been a laugh! looking to putting it back together maybe then we can start mine! Nice R5 is that your dog in the background :lol:

will get some more pics up soon of the leather and i have just put the rear beam and all its brackets in to the powder coaters. should come on well over the christmas holiday

Few more pics. the front cross member is on and the rear beam. the leather is in for the time being, as all the carpet has to come up so i can fit all the elec window loom and then fit the leather door cards. it is off to the bodyshop on the 19th to have the bay done. so while thats away i can get on with my engine and covering my interior trim with sude. the car at the bottom is what has taken up my time and thats going tomorrow.

your an animal, love this thread. huge respect for the work your puting in and your taste.

only just occured to me your just round the corner, would love to see when shes finished. nice one

Had a quick peek at this when i picked up my sunroof mech last week.. have to say the Pics dont do the Powder coat finish any justice! the finish is almost chrome effect! looks very nice.. :D

hi again just a little update. the car is now ready for it engine bay smoothing, scuttle removal and paint on friday, all the loom is now in side the cabin as one pic shows the dash out and the other is with all the engine loom in as well. the other parts are my interior panels that slowly me, my girlfriend and mate (msh) are covering in suede which should go nicely with the leather. hopefully next week should have a pic of my smoothed rocker cover and some engine parts that i have had polished and then get some pics up when the engine bay is done.

hi this is what i have been up to this weekend

. retrimmed foot rest

. retrimmed fuse box shelf

. got 1.8 head ready to use the exhaust cam in my 2.0

. polished rocker cover

. polished oil breather.

. also got an un cut parcel shelf.

AB did you polish the bits your self? I know you can get polishing kits cause i fancy having a go myself, is it difficult?

done the rocker cover myself, then a company gave it a quick polish while doing the other bit, but i have just brought polishing wheels to start doing my own as well.

My rado going back to the bodyshop, 2nd time in 4 months engine bay this time. had to raise the coilovers right up to get it on there. thanks msh for the photos and hand to load/unload.