Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Will I sell my Rado?? 24v V6 - PVW Cover Car Jan 06

what you selling up for you big poofta - give you head a shake :)

..........its the sunny weather - wishing i had a rear wheel drive convertible hairdressers car to play in the sun with 8)

getting a bit sick that i haven't been able to get it sprayed and i ain't been anywhere with it this year........

buy my 4wd system then and go 4 wheel drifting ;)

I suspose I am lucky in that I get to drive an mx-5 in the sunny weather. Still wouldnt sell my corrado for it though (unless I was allowed to supercharge it!)

...that was one of my thoughts, strangely enough

i'll have to chat to you about 4wd - struggling to find the time lately but do like the idea as mentioned before....

If its a car you do want to sell, sell it quickly to the first reasonable offer or it will sit in the classified dropping and dropping in price while people sit and wait for it to hit rock bottom. Ian Birch for example always sells his cars to the first offer as its usually the best due to peoples impulsive nature. Steve Denton is of exactly the same opinion, builds something for himself and it gets sold before he even get chance to drive it, then buys it back for peanuts 12months later :lol: . You'll could easily spend 10K+ on a turbo and 4x4 conversion and add next to nothing to the cars value. Let the next owner do it.

My own outlook is, i've basically accepted that every penny on my car is wasted. Never planned on selling, if i get a silly offer i'll take it.

wooh, huge thread! Jay, don't be disheartened by people saying it's not worth £XXX. it's inmpossible to put a real world value on such a unique car, and I know how much it hurts when people aren't interested or try and say it's not worth anywhere near as much as you're asking. try and blank out the comments and ignore those people, at they end of the day they are just disinterested people so you don't need to hear from them. and guys, he's not taking the pee with the price so don't beat him up over it so much.

It's easily one of the top 5 corrado's ever built, so barely any of you are in a position to criticise.

As I said on Edition38, it's an incredible car, and easily the best corrado I've ever been out in. not the fastest, but certainly the smoothest, and without a doubt the best built modified car I've ever been in, it puts mine to shame. It looks and feels like new (try parking in on the main dealer forecourt!). all it needs is a clever plate to hide it's age a little and some fresh wheels to change it's identity.

I'd happily have it as a daily driver if I had the money, but I know my 4 motion would probbaly only scrape £7K nowadays so it wouldn't cover it.

seriously, anyone even thinking about modding their car, don't bother, with all the hassle, expense and sheer heartache involved, jay's done all the hard work for you, sell your own and buy this, you won't be disappointed.

looking forward to seeing your next project jay! good luck.

You lot make me laugh! Its a real shame most of you really have no idea to the extent of the sweat and shear hard graft that goes into these types of projects.. I appreciate its only worth whatever somebody's prepared to pay for it... but for those who think its worth 5k or less... get your coat and get out of here, your taxi is waiting! :lol: :oops:

Jay you know the score :wink:

Hey Jay, love the car and can kinda understand why you would want a change, like you said you feel the need to build!! gl with the sale if thats what you decide to do, peeps are sayin 8k i paid a bit less for mine and thats not had a newer engine put in, a diff interior, dashboard etc etc and yes mine is still known as premiers/steve dentons old rado even after 2 change of wheels!! but i would never be able to do half the work thats been put into those cars total respect for you guys who can do that you are complete stars, i saw mine being built and it blew me away so much that i never even drove it till i picked it up, not regretted it since either regardless of the problems rado's have. have read your thread a few times, you have put loads and loads of work into it, at times im sure you have thought about it before but changed your mind as it was no where near what you wanted and im sure its not been a easy choice, but after 4 years i can understand the need for a new project. so good luck and hope to see the rado go to a good home as it deserves that much for all the blood sweat and tears that have gone into it.

cheers

ben

I'm not gonna read back through the thread but if people are suggesting £5k for this car then I think there needs to be a bit of a reality check.

Of course its only worth what someone is willing to pay but I just don't see how one of the best Corrado's in the UK with an almost nut and bolt ground up restore and total re-improvement isn't worth the £10,000 mark then I don't know what is.

Not to dig up a Storm debate here but if a low miler Storm can fetch £8,000-£10,000 easily then how the hell can Jay's Corrado not smash that to pieces?!

Its not like we're talking stick on bonnet vents and some awful body kit - the car is the ultimate definition of OEM plus!

Would be sad to see you sell (it is my favourite UK Corrado.. no doubt) it but it seems that it isn't the completion of cars but the work in between that keeps people like you going mate! When its done it seems to lose the fun!

I bet people would pay £10K for OSV's or KIP VW's minter, so why not this more modified minter?

so hard to price, but it's not like there's anything else you could compare it to.

but for those who think its worth 5k or less... get your coat and get out of here, your taxi is waiting! :lol: :oops:

if thats in reference to Boj's comment i think Boj was meaning even if Jay was only asking as little as £4k Boj wouldn't buy it purely cos its Jay's "C" and would always be known as being Jay Renshaw's old car...........not trying to say its worth under £5k

for shizzle.. i'm just winding peeps up ;-)

I don't know why anyone would want to buy a pink corrado with a hair dresser TT dashboard conversion.. :lol: :lol:

Car is provisionally sold.

Jay

sad to see it go, hope it's gone to a worthy owner who will take care of it and keep the project going (and change the wheels of course!)

bring on the new project!

Damn, I hope it's going to a lovely home that'll treat it well.

Congrats on an awesome build Jay.

I bet people would pay £10K for OSV's or KIP VW's minter, so why not this more modified minter?

so hard to price, but it's not like there's anything else you could compare it to.

thing is Paul Kippax had his up for sale a couple of years back for £10k.........he's still got the car..............whether he decided against selling or there were no takers I don't know

all academic now tho..........by the sounds of it Jay has a buyer :wink:

Blimmey, what a thread!!

Hope the offer was over 10k as i think its worth it. Your basically buying a brand new car that looks like a corrado and i'd imagine compliments all the good bits and has done away with all the bad bits. Brakes and torque being the tip of the iceburg!

Plus i bet its screwed together a feck sight better than anything thats come out of the VW factory recently! The attention to details is certainly only acheivable by fastidiously handfinishing everything.

Top car and top bloke thats not up his own a..

Hope you stay in touch and keep us posted on the new beastie!

Cheers Nick. I think I will always be on here, maybe not as much, but its the people on here as much as the cars :)

Jay

Having now read all of this thread i dont think making it your own car is a problem at all. There is a danger that someone may start adding lots of crome etc to it to that end, but i hope not, its not that kind of car imo, its seems above all that if that makes any sense.

if i had it it would be wheels, plates and possibly front seats.

and as for: how can you sell it? Its catch 22, but I can't see anyone thats willing to give as much to a project as that, complete it and then think cool, job done i'll just enjoy it from now on! I suspect you'd go round the bend without something to work on. be nice to keep it but im guessing your not a millionaire!

Its not someone off here Andy. :)

I have been driving it for a year and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have driven it to Austria, I have driven it every single day to work, I have driven all over the country and I have had it on the cover of PVW. That for me is enough and I felt it was a good time to let it be enjoyed by someone else. Which it now will be, whatever they decide to do to it is up to them, as long as they enjoy owning it.

Cheers

Jay