Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

Top Gear.. 8pm

Heads up :wink:

Just realised it's back on after the world cup break.

Article in the paper today was saying that there might not be many series left (at least one more in the autumn), as they're running out of ideas :(

There will always be new cars though, which is what the show is ultimately about. Their gimicky stuff like races across europe can only have so much mileage.

I hope they don't throw in the towel! I'd rather it became a shorter, 30 minute show with less padding just concentrating on (as tom says) new cars!

But I will be enjoying whilst I can then if its days are numbered :(

Caravan thing was funny till they set it ablaze.. rest of the show was pretty good.. really liked that Vectra till I saw how it handled! Scary!

lol! Looked like it went like it in a straight line though.. thought it looked nice and aggressive too!

Yeah I totally agree - know way I'd keep my cool with flames all over the place! Bet there are complaints about it too - Clarkson keeps giving out the impression that he doesn't care what people think about what he says! He's getting more and more outspoken too!

If they hadn't set fire I could believe that it wasn't scripted up to that part.

But they don't hide the fact it isn't scripted.

Either way its great entertainment!

Reasonable edition last night.

"Emptying your own turds out" bit whilst enjoying your caravan holiday was really funny.

However, Clarkson's sad, smartass humour at the expense of the "Jesus lookalike" shows how he has lost all perspective of what is acceptably funny to the majority.

I am not religious and we all know that on pain of punishment by the laws of the land we have to be careful not to upset other denominations so why take the pi$$ out of Christians?

Very very funny, that petrol station is right by the turnoff fot my place, think I will uproot that post they hit and sell it on ebay. Did they buy that sign thing in the garage as we need one of those for our scally car!

yeah was a good one, thought the doing a u-turn bit was a bit daft, if i was that copper i would have nicked em just for the comedy moment of being able to say 'and on that bombshell....goodnight' as clarkson always does hehe!! think they should focus on car reviews more than just pratting about tho...

I do like some sillyness but it is starting to get abit much in my opinion. I think it would be better if they stopped going ott with the funny business and found some interesting/crazy vehicles, like some outragiously powerfull cars.

I'm not quite sure the Vectra was supposed to have been THAT bad as Evo rated it quite highly, so maybe it had poo tyres on it or something. As Clarkson hates Vectras. It wouldn't surprise me if had it fitted with remoulds!

And Clarkson for PM 8)