Sign in to follow this  
Bally

New Owner of Jays 24v

Blimey.. 21 years old!

Good luck to him trying to insure it! I had a nightmare insuring my first Corrado even at 21 and the prices were insane..

haha... curious as to what is done to this car besides the 24v swap? cause he claims nicest world wide... i mean it's possible but i know of some bad ass Corrados here in the states... i know bill schimmel built a mid engine, rear wheel drive, fully built 24v VR6 twin turbo, and dog box transmission... that may be as of now the nicest i know of...

LDSCN9631.jpg

LDSCN9087.jpg

see more here...

http://www.schimmelperformance.com/main ... orrado.htm

Think you'd have to see it in the flesh to appreciate it.

(as in the pics don't do it justice..)

I don't see anyone claiming it is the best Corrado in the World? - that's always going to be a matter of personal taste anyway.

Have a read through Jays thread if you want to know what's been done other than the 24v engine , it's not about the power AFAIK, it's about the factory finish.

curious as to what is done to this car besides the 24v swap? cause he claims nicest world wide...

have a looooong read of jay's member's gallery thread! It's basically a complete MkIV Golf in a Corrado bodyshell...

as for nicest, well, that'll always be open to debate, but the point about jay's was that everything done to it looked as though VW had built it that way, it was so unbelievably factory...

trust me, you have to see it to appreciate it!

haha... curious as to what is done to this car besides the 24v swap? cause he claims nicest world wide... i mean it's possible but i know of some bad ass Corrados here in the states... i know bill schimmel built a mid engine, rear wheel drive, fully built 24v VR6 twin turbo, and dog box transmission... that may be as of now the nicest i know of...

You should probably do a little research really on Jays car before you're so quick to shoot it down.

It aint all about just having the most powerful motor.. its all the other stuff thats gone into it that makes it so special IMHO!

Walesy has got it spot on with Jay's old car!!!

To Jay it wasn't about performance. It was how he could 'improve' the car so as to take a 14 year old car and make it as if it had just been built by VW - achieving 'factory finish or better' in all aspects of the car

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?p=&t=5413

^^ Have a read through that, i'm not sure if someone knows what pages are worth skipping to?

Again, i'm certainly not speaking for Jay ( i've never met the guy ) but i've never heard him claim that his car is better than anyone elses, let alone the best in the World - It's the people that look around it at shows and PVW etc that claim that.

Its the new owner who claimed its the best in the UK or even the world, but he shouldn't be criticised for that its a tremendous car and he clearly loves it already.

I don't have a Corrado any more so can't comment :(

Jay

ah bless :(

Jay would never admit to his car being one of the best in a car park let alone one of the best in the world, and thats what really made the car for me..

The frustrating iritatingness of someone with that modesty to build a car to that standard. :lol: :mad:

Congrats on selling it Jay :)

From the sound of it you got a price that was fair to you too? And there's one happy mo fo of a 21 year old driving round thinking he's got the biggest balls in the world right now! All good then. Everyone's happy :)

Suuuurrrrweeet

I want to know what all these kids do to be able to afford cars like this?! Seems like every under-25 is driving around in S3s, or £10k (just guessing Jay, no offence intended if it was more or less!) Corrados, or sh*t like that... Or do they just have rich parents/still live at home?!

Jealousy subsides... ;) :lol:

I don't have a Corrado any more so can't comment :(

Jay

and your gay for selling it too :snipersmile:

def best rado in the country though

I want to know what all these kids do to be able to afford cars like this?! Seems like every under-25 is driving around in S3s, or £10k (just guessing Jay, no offence intended if it was more or less!) Corrados, or sh*t like that... Or do they just have rich parents/still live at home?!

Jealousy subsides... ;) :lol:

Its called a bank loan mate ;) and probably still living with parents too.

So it seems to have gone a little off key/point now - why int the new owner on here? Jay did you not mention us?

- why int the new owner on here? Jay did you not mention us?

I thought that - and if he's been on the dub scene for four years then how come he's only ever notched up two posts on a forum???

(Jealous)

I mentioned the Corrado forum, but he does not work with a Computer so will not be like us work shy bu99ers who spend all day on here. :)

He only got on the E38 forum to mail me about the car, but now he is on there he has started posting.

To be part of the dub scene you don't "have" to post on forums all day, but it helps ;)

Jay

Nor am I ................................................... oh hang on Yeah I am :lol:

I mentioned the Corrado forum, but he does not work with a Computer

can those little electronic tills at McDonalds not get on the net then? :?

he's sticking a car-bra on it, and can afford the insurance for a charger too?

tbh, if he reg'ed on here i'd just flame him, cos I'm a bit of a c*nt like that ;)