herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Car's looking gorgeous as ever Rob. But the fluffy dice? :gag:

How's the R32 preparation going?

Car's looking gorgeous as ever Rob. But the fluffy dice? :gag:

How's the R32 preparation going?

You gotta have a pair of fluffy dice mate! :lol:

R32 prep is almost ready, just waiting on downpipes to actually get started on it, should be a few weeks (hopefully sooner!) as Pete's still working on the next batch. Once they arrive though I can start fittin the engine :clap:

looks like steve has done another great job,

hope all goes well with the r32 conversion mate, and get the manifold tested for leaks before you fit it mate, i'm sure i was just unlucky with my 3 manifolds :(

looks like steve has done another great job,

hope all goes well with the r32 conversion mate, and get the manifold tested for leaks before you fit it mate, i'm sure i was just unlucky with my 3 manifolds :(

the main reason why i'm chopping up and re welding a standard one! + cost! lol

Mini update, downpipes will be ready next week hopefully!

Also me and Kev fitted the MED top mounts on saturday and what a difference they make! :shock: I haven't had the tracking done properly yet, me and Kev just done it by eye, but to be fair we did a damn good job as it feels cock on :lol: The car feels much more stable now, the steering feels sharp and the brakes are more positive, very worthy mod imo!

I see what you mean about those pictures, very nice!

Glad you like MEDs.... see you again in a month when the bearings are shot! Only kidding :D

I see what you mean about those pictures, very nice!

Glad you like MEDs.... see you again in a month when the bearings are shot! Only kidding :D

Yeah it's not quite as nice in the metal though is it :lol:

You will be seeing me sooner than that mate once these downpipes arrive ;)

Rob - when are you getting started on the conversion mate?

When the downpipes arrive I have most the parts so will begin then, so within the next few weeks I imagine if everything goes to plan!

what are you doing for the downpipes - not getting the 6branch now? I'd be tempted to modify r32 downpipes to be honest...

what are you doing for the downpipes - not getting the 6branch now? I'd be tempted to modify r32 downpipes to be honest...

I'm going for the Dubpower 6 branch mate. I was a bit hesitant after what happened with Karl's but have been speaking with Pete and he said the last thing they want is that happening again so have made precautions with the newer batches so fingers crossed it will be ok with no leaks! Expensive option, but good looking and will sound great 8)

Hi,

I am considering swopping my 2.9 VR6 for the R32 I have lying around.

Would appreciate any info on what all is need to do the swap?

Cheers,

Jonathan

Well my downpipes arrived the other day :clap: so I'm ready to start!

Going to start stripping it down this weekend me thinks all being well. It's going to be a bit tighter now though as will be doing it in my single garage rather than the barn I was originally going to use! Shouldn't be too much of a problem as I can wheel it out on the drive on nice days and most work is at the front anyway so won't need to get round it too much!

Pics to come :cheers:

Can't wait to see this take shape, If you and Kev need a spare pair of hands mate just let me know.

Can't wait to see this take shape, If you and Kev need a spare pair of hands mate just let me know.

Will do mate! When you starting yours?

Got a quick chat with Dave and Graham booked to go over a few things as I need some custom fabrication of inlet/exhaust manifolds etc but then I'm hoping to have it starting in July, with a finished time of about 2020! :lol:

Got a quick chat with Dave and Graham booked to go over a few things as I need some custom fabrication of inlet/exhaust manifolds etc but then I'm hoping to have it starting in July, with a finished time of about 2020! :lol:

So about the same time mine will be finished then :lol:

Well I'm hoping to get the old 12v out this weekend and can then mess about cleaning the bay up, spraying the gearbox etc and prepping the R32 to go in. The physical side of things will probs only take a few weeks, it's the fiddly stuff after that which will take the time! But then I'm probs just going to spend the cash and give it to Stealth to set up, so hopefully it will be a fairly quick (ish) install ... it won't be though but I just keep saying it to myself to I actually get started :lol:

All I'll say is make sure you run the rear lambda's, still having greif with mine at the moment and I think its down to that.

All I'll say is make sure you run the rear lambda's, still having greif with mine at the moment and I think its down to that.

Well I am confused with these bloody lambda's as well to tell the truth. I was aware I need the 2 PRE cat lambdas which are wideband and actually measure the fuel mixture etc whereas the 2 POST cat were there to just check the cats are working. Now to me PRE cat is between the exhaust manifold and cats and the POST cat are after the cat leading out to the back of the car, correct? I run the 2 PRE cat lambdas as normal but I then need to get the 2 POST cat lambdas flashed from the ECU otherwise it will throw fault codes and will go in to limp mode.

I bought a lambda off ebay which was brand new and was described as a PRE cat one, touch wood it's the right one, just need the other one now, will have to go VW for that which will be costly :(

Well I am confused with these bloody lambda's as well to tell the truth. I was aware I need the 2 PRE cat lambdas which are wideband and actually measure the fuel mixture etc whereas the 2 POST cat were there to just check the cats are working. Now to me PRE cat is between the exhaust manifold and cats and the POST cat are after the cat leading out to the back of the car, correct? I run the 2 PRE cat lambdas as normal but I then need to get the 2 POST cat lambdas flashed from the ECU otherwise it will throw fault codes and will go in to limp mode.

I bought a lambda off ebay which was brand new and was described as a PRE cat one, touch wood it's the right one, just need the other one now, will have to go VW for that which will be costly :(

They are just there for monitoring and your right the ECU does need to be told to ignore them (not sure how thats done) which has apparently been done on mine. I am still getting open circuit faults through VagCom so the car could be going into limp mode. Ive got a few other fault codes which are apparently ok but as a friend said the ECU probably wont like any fault codes.

Personally I would run the standard cats and put in both sets of lamdbas i.e. keep as much of the standard set up as possible.

They are just there for monitoring and your right the ECU does need to be told to ignore them (not sure how thats done) which has apparently been done on mine. I am still getting open circuit faults through VagCom so the car could be going into limp mode. Ive got a few other fault codes which are apparently ok but as a friend said the ECU probably wont like any fault codes.

Personally I would run the standard cats and put in both sets of lamdbas i.e. keep as much of the standard set up as possible.

Yeah that would be the best option for factory running, although Pete's set up didn't go smoothly! I didn't get the cats with the engine anyway so will just make do with a decat and the 2 lambdas (which KipVR has available hopefully!). They shouldn't throw fault codes as they will get completely flashed from the ECU so it won't complain that they're not there .. well that's the plan anyway! I guess we'll wait and see :lol:

For those of you who didn't think I would ever start ... WELL I HAVE!! :clap: The car is in the garage with most things removed/disconnected from the old 12v ready to pull it out, I haven't got a crane so was just going to roll it out on a jack but I didn't fancy it on my own so needed some muscle :( I will remove it either one night this week or weekend I suppose.

Pics to come! :cheers:

Here are a few pics I took as I was going along 8) It's pretty much ready to pull the engine out, I just don't have access to a crane at the min and didn't want to attempt rolling it out on a jack without atleast 1 other person there to support the engine. I'll get it out this week and then I can start cleaning the bay up and sorting a few of the rusty areas out, the battery tray for example which isn't too bad!