herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Cheers Vick!

Got as much done as I could at the weekend, this time with Kev's help to help me double check everything which is all gravy :clap: We got all the rad pipes in place, put some fresh oil in it and cranked it over to lube it all up, changed the gearbox oil with some nice Redline MT90 and few other little bits and bobs. I'm actually quite proud of myself for doing it all myself so far, never in a hundred years would have thought I could do it without someone's help but it's actually been quite simple!

So just waiting on the wiring to get done at Stealth now, I know he's been fully booked so originally said no rush when I gave him the wiring as didn't think I would need it this quick. Hopefully it will get done this week giving me more to do at the weekend, might even be able to get it fired up :cheers:

Also thought I would have a go at some spraying, the front is pretty butchered with stone chips so thought I might as well have a go on a bit that's only small. I haven't put any lacquer on it yet hence the matt finish in the pics!

Won't be too long now!

well done Rob, just giving me inspiration for my 24v (albeit 2.8l) conversion, plus the now-likely auto to manual swop.. Perhaps you could compile a list of things required for the job, with approximate values?

Impressive stuff ther Rob. I've been amazed at what I've learned by working on mine, but a full engine replacement is in a different league. Keep up the good work with what is quite an impressive motor.

Cheers guys!

Well as title suggest the weekend commencing the 18th (so not this weekend but the next) should be the date I can fire this baby up, fingers crossed!! Vince will have the wiring done next week, Kev should be available to come help so there's no reason why it won't be complete.

That gives me this coming weekend to get it 100% ready for the loom, as well do some other small jobs I want to do that probs won't get done once it's running!

Can't wait! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Blimey you havent hung around mate!

Hope everything is smooth sailing from here on, fingers crossed

Blimey you havent hung around mate!

Hope everything is smooth sailing from here on, fingers crossed

Well no I haven't hung around at all really, I have surprised myself as how quickly it can be done tbh. If I had everything ready when I started I would have had this done last week! I'm sure there will be some issues pop up at some point but so far it's been quite simple really.

Well as title suggest the weekend commencing the 18th (so not this weekend but the next) should be the date I can fire this baby up, fingers crossed!!

:shock: thats it, you've proper jinxed it now!! you're always supposed to add an extra 3 months on just in case, remember?! :)

Well no I haven't hung around at all really, I have surprised myself as how quickly it can be done tbh. If I had everything ready when I started I would have had this done last week! I'm sure there will be some issues pop up at some point but so far it's been quite simple really.

Vince said there may be 1 or 2 minor fault codes come up but these can be ironed out as and when they crop up. That green MK2 with the MK5 R32 hasn't come back in for any bug fixing yet, so that's a good sign :D

If you had a nice tool collection, like a 1/2" to 3/8" ratched reducer and some stanley knife action, things would go much smoother. Watching you hack through a rubber hose with a junior hacksaw, with a blade minus half it's teeth, was comedy gold :lol:

Vince said there may be 1 or 2 minor fault codes come up but these can be ironed out as and when they crop up. That green MK2 with the MK5 R32 hasn't come back in for any bug fixing yet, so that's a good sign :D

If you had a nice tool collection, like a 1/2" to 3/8" ratched reducer and some stanley knife action, things would go much smoother. Watching you hack through a rubber hose with a junior hacksaw, with a blade minus half it's teeth, was comedy gold :lol:

:lol: Yeah I need to invest in some decent tools really!! We can't all have garages like yours Kev :notworthy:

i hope everyhting goes ok for you mate.

oh yeh when i get a sec later i will show you something you might like??

i hope everyhting goes ok for you mate.

oh yeh when i get a sec later i will show you something you might like??

Cheers karl. Show me now or ring me later, I don't have internet access at home :brickwall:

Very interesting reading Rob - best of luck - curious to see whether any issues arise on running. PM'ed :)

Very interesting reading Rob - best of luck - curious to see whether any issues arise on running. PM'ed :)

Replied :)

you havent got the internet at home?? where you living in a cave :lol:

i found this last weekend while having a corrado clean out, i was gonna put this where that shiny black strip goes on the standard vr steering wheel, you will need to mod the standard wheel which i did to a spare steering wheel i had lying around, if you want you can have it mate for whatever £ you wanna give for it.

r32badge.jpg

karl

you havent got the internet at home?? where you living in a cave :lol:

Yeah fraid so at the momet :lol: My dad didn't renew the contract so I've had to renew it myself which I'm waiting for!

i found this last weekend while having a corrado clean out, i was gonna put this where that shiny black strip goes on the standard vr steering wheel, you will need to mod the standard wheel which i did to a spare steering wheel i had lying around, if you want you can have it mate for whatever £ you wanna give for it.

r32badge.jpg

karl

Mmmm that looks good 8) PM me what needs to be done to put it on and how much you want for it :)

I bought sh*t loads of sticky back black felt today, thought I would de-rattle the interior whilst the car's off the road and I'm waiting for the wiring to get sorted out :cheers:

i do find this thread interesting - just need some more pics, but if you could put some pointers there, it would be a great help, certainly for me! Seems a tough choice now between the 3.2 and 2.8, although the 2.8 is loads cheaper. Congrats on the work and on a good product so far.

i do find this thread interesting - just need some more pics, but if you could put some pointers there, it would be a great help, certainly for me! Seems a tough choice now between the 3.2 and 2.8, although the 2.8 is loads cheaper. Congrats on the work and on a good product so far.

Cheers mate. Yeah I never seem to remember to take lots of pics, I'm too busy getting stuck in and getting it done! I can provide any pics though, well apart from any of putting the engine in etc but that's all fairly straight forward. Any questions you have though just ask!

Did some minor jobs to the car over the weekend, nothing to the engine as waiting on wiring before I can do anything else on that.

Friday night I got home and had nothing to do, so went Halfords, got some Hammerite Smooth Black paint and set about FINALLY detailing my headlights!! Been saying I will do it since I have owned the car. Took them apart, cleaned them up and painted them and they look sh*t hot imo 8)

Saturday I pulled the car out the garage, removed the throttle cable and pedal and then set about de-rattling the interior! Basically replaced every bit of old felt with new and put felt in between everything that touches!! As well as making sure EVERY screw was screwed in properly. Now the dash feels much more solid and from just banging it and pushing it about a bit seems a lot quieter, but can't really comment on it until I'm driving the car! Didn't get any pics sadly, didn't think it was worth it.

Then I put the front end all on as a mock up (nothings screwed on, just held in place) to see how she's gunna look and I got all giggly like a small child again seeing her nearly complete!!!! I want to drive it!!! :lol:

Will update when I find out about the wiring :salute:

got some Hammerite Smooth Black paint and set about FINALLY detailing my headlights!!

I don't recall receiving an application from you to use my patented headlight mod? :lol:

It does make a big difference to how the car looks, so about time and well done :salute:

got some Hammerite Smooth Black paint and set about FINALLY detailing my headlights!!

I don't recall receiving an application from you to use my patented headlight mod? :lol:

It does make a big difference to how the car looks, so about time and well done :salute:

I bought the patent mate, it's mine now!! :lol:

Yeah I wanted to see how they looked so put the front end all on loosely, and have to say, they look much moodier! Just needs the engine noise and speed to back up the look (and a nice set of Rota wheels maybe :wink:)

Ok completion date is not going to be this weekend now, silly really putting that up as I went and jinxed it!! :lol:

Had a bit of a scare with the loom/ECU, the donor car had an interior fire which didn't last that long apparently but was enough to write the car off. The engine etc was all fine, some of the loom looked a bit burnt but was only interior loom so didn't worry about it. Well Vince had a look through it all and it turned out the loom was the cause for the fire :pale: whoops! There was no telling if the ECU had shorted and was fooked so I was pretty worried! Well Vince plugged it in to a working Mk2 R32 and turns out the ECU is fine :clap: So he just needs to see if the burnt bits of loom that are needed are salvagable! It's going to be a couple weeks though :(

So need to find more jobs to do now in the mean time :lol: