herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

agree with the above comments the engine doeslook nice in that bay :D Hopefully its not too long till you get the teething issues sorted and can start enjoying the drive.

nice work dude. have you tried fitting up the accelerator pedal yet? you may find you have an interference problem with your corrado fuseboard. I did.

there are ways round it though...

Is yours the Mk4 one? Mk5 pedals bolt to the floor so no clearance problems, just need to find a good position and bolt it down. Will do that next weekend though with Kev as the ECU's not even registering the pedal yet so need to figure out why!

Might all take a bit longer AGAIN as my downpipes don't fit right. I fitted my decat and they are pushing the whole exhaust tight against the side of the tunnel so there's no movement. Not ideal really :(

ah right, I used the mk4 pedal, and welded a mounting bracket to the pedal box. you should be alright then. I take it the accelerator pedal you are using came with the whole setup? (being mk5 an all?)

All i remember about the accelerator wiring is that its completely self contained, and has its own loom, albeit bound up with the rest. Soom regulation that states mission critical components must be directly connected to the ecu or something. first thing i would do is try a different pedal if possible, or see if you can plug your pedal into a mates mk5 (more likely to happen) and see if it works correctly. I have all the mk4 r32 wiring diagrams about somewhere, I will have a dig about.

Cheers for the comments guys! And Leon thanks for posting the pics, they look superb!

Yeah as Kev mentioned, I soon remembered that the vacuum box thingy sits under the inlet manifold at the front and it all plugs in properly then. Still got a couple of left over vacuum ports on the back of the inlet though, but my boss has a TT 3.2 so will be having a nose around his bay today!

Coxy, good shout on trying the pedal in another car, a mate at work has a MK5 GTTDI (which is actually what my pedal came out of!) so will give it a go in his and see if it works.

glad to see its coming along, will it be attending any shows in the near future so i can have a nosey round?

glad to see its coming along, will it be attending any shows in the near future so i can have a nosey round?

Hopefully I'll be attending Edition 38! But I won't hold my breath :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

would be awesome if you made it to edition, would like to have a look at your rado!!

hi Rob, glad it's more or less all sorted pal.

with mine the pedal was wired in direct to the throttle body etc without going through the fuse board as far as i can remember.

also afaik, the mk5 dbw pedals are different for petrol and diesel cars. i don't think there are any other differences (i.e a petrol pedal will fit all petrol cars and vice-versa with a diesel item).

and yes, as kev says, the vacuum box thingy goes on the front on the inlet - there are a couple of lugs it locates into. it controls the variable inlet plenum via a vacuum actuator on the end of the inlet.

i think i had one spare vacuum line on the back of my inlet and i just blocked it up, job done.

hi Rob, glad it's more or less all sorted pal.

with mine the pedal was wired in direct to the throttle body etc without going through the fuse board as far as i can remember.

also afaik, the mk5 dbw pedals are different for petrol and diesel cars. i don't think there are any other differences (i.e a petrol pedal will fit all petrol cars and vice-versa with a diesel item).

and yes, as kev says, the vacuum box thingy goes on the front on the inlet - there are a couple of lugs it locates into. it controls the variable inlet plenum via a vacuum actuator on the end of the inlet.

i think i had one spare vacuum line on the back of my inlet and i just blocked it up, job done.

Ahh could be the pedal then as I have one from a diesel! I'll see what Vince thinks to it. I'm testing the pedal tomorrow anyway in a mates MK5 GTTDI so if it works it's the wiring side of things.

Yep I figured out the vacuum box thingy yesterday, got it all hooked up now. Also noticed that the spare vacuum line was even blocked off on my boss's 3.2 TT so dunno what it's for :?

Probably for an accessory UK cars didn't get? :shrug:

Anyway, f'ck that off it's not important :lol: Let's get that pedal talking the ECU's language and then we can set about operation "Install all that pile of wires 'n' schitt into the car neatly" :D

the other one is for the exhaust flap on the r32 i am fairly certain.

Mines blocked off too. unnecessary.

well if you try your pedal on a mk5 diesel thats only going to prove that it works with diesels! you need to try it on a petrol motor if that is the case.

Anyway, f'ck that off it's not important :lol: Let's get that pedal talking the ECU's language and then we can set about operation "Install all that pile of wires 'n' schitt into the car neatly" :D

hey Kev - careful there, you may be running hideous power, but i've got a feeling you might like the way the r32 drives in a corrado :wink:

on the subject - when ARE we going to see your 2.8 24v turbo project? or have you just been doing it on the sly and not telling anyone?!

hey Kev - careful there, you may be running hideous power, but i've got a feeling you might like the way the r32 drives in a corrado :wink:

on the subject - when ARE we going to see your 2.8 24v turbo project? or have you just been doing it on the sly and not telling anyone?!

I think he's going to wait until something goes wrong with the current setup as he's put an awful lot of time and money in to it why rip it all out! It's not like it's boring anyway :shock:

Yeah I need to figure out what gearbox to go with before I go 24V T :D

And here's one back at ya, when are we going to see your 2.3 Stroker with GT42R on it ? :D

Yeah I need to figure out what gearbox to go with before I go 24V T :D

And here's one back at ya, when are we going to see your 2.3 Stroker with GT42R on it ? :D

fair one with the gearbox - can't you get the o2s in 6spd 2wd variant (or at least something similar) - NormanCoal had one for sale on here a while back...

that said, you'll probably want to look at a 4wd conversion when running that sort of power - hey ho; at least those are GOOD problems!

as for mine i'm after a gt40, not 42 - get your facts right! :lol:

i saved a fair bit on the prices of parts for my r32 conversion by waiting and looking over the 6 months i was away, so that's all i'm doing now - playing the watching and waiting game - there are always really good bargains that come up if you're prepared to wait, so that's what i'm doing - i'm in no hurry at the moment...

sorry to be a bit boring, but i guess slowly slowly catches the monkey!

edit - if oyu want an update, the stroker crank is currently off being crack tested as we speak - i'll keep you posted :D

Ordered the last few bits I need today including a new R32 pedal (thanks Pete for the part number! :notworthy:) Should be in on friday so hopefully saturday morning we plug it in and it all works and we can just worry about the tidying of the loom etc ... and the fcuking downpipes/exhaust alignment :censored:

I might make Edition 38 after all! :cheers:

Love seeing this come together so quickly! :clap:

Would have been a damn site quicker if I hadn't have had a melted loom that took Vince aaaaages to work through god bless him :notworthy: :lol:

can you do mine next? :lol:

i'm am going to read back through most of this thread as i may well be in the same situation soon.

is the R32 280bhp standard?

can you do mine next? :lol:

i'm am going to read back through most of this thread as i may well be in the same situation soon.

is the R32 280bhp standard?

Lol good man!

Nah the mk5 R32 is 250bhp standard but with the downpipes and remap etc it's between 270-280 ish.

Got the loom all installed neatly this weekend, I'll upload pics tomorrow as can't be bothered now :lol: But it's looking like we never touched it which is what I wanted 8)

Still not sorted. Signal on G67 and G185 (pedal pots) too low :?

I did a continuity test for each of pedal's 6 connectors back to the relevant pins on the ECU plug and all is 100% correct there. It therefore must be that the R32 engine requires a very specific pedal - p/n - 1K2721503N

Rob's ordered one but it's on back order.

We've tried a TDI pedal and an S3 pedal, neither work. That's the only explanation we can think of at the minute!

Everything else is in and looking pretty good :D I just need to go back and solder in the interior loom (pedal, ECU comms, ignition live etc) once the pedal's sorted and then it's good to go!

how did you get on with the whole pedal saga pal?

It's still an ongoing saga mate! I ordered the pedal after you got me the part number, turned up friday to collect and it was the wrong one, just the plain 6 speed manual one not the pretty R32 epecific one :brickwall: So I told them it's wrong and got my money back. Rang Kev told him, he then got on the phone to his mate who said the R32 has it's own specific pedal 1 for DSG and 1 for manual and gave me the part number I needed again. Rang VW back and said it's this one I need, but it's on back order so can't get one for a week or so! :censored: Kev's mate then kindly let us borrow an S3 pedal thinking it might work, but it didnt! So we got the wiring diagrams out sat morning and traced all the wiring to check it wasn't that ... it wasn't, never doubted Vince for a second :lol: So it HAS to be an R32 pedal only it seems, so will order one and it will arrive when it arrives I guess :(

That will be the last stage then though, we have installed all the wiring neatly in the bay (using lots of left over corregated plastic tubing from the car loom so keep it looking very OEM 8) ) so just need to bolt the pedal in and splice in a few interior wires when I get the pedal and it should be done.

Well I say it will be done, I'm still not happy with the downpipes, so I think they'll be coming off. They aren't right for the corrado, they sit too far to one side and so the whole exhaust now sits against the tunnel wall underneath :brickwall: not ideal really. So gotta send pics to Pete at Dubpower and show him that he can't just assume Mk2 Golf downpipes will align the same in a corrado because they clearly don't and hopefully he'll get them sorted for me ASAP!!

EDIT: Beaten to it by Kev :lol:

Oh you have GOT to be joking me!? i was down in kettering over the weekend and i have a mk5 golf R32 pedal that i don't need :( I know thats a bit of a kick in the nuts for you but if you do need one i can check part no. tonight for you.