herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

no problems rob, gutted it hasn't cured it but at least you have a spangly r32 pedal to look pretty :D

sounds very odd that its running fine but not revving, could it be something to do with the throttle body?

no problems rob, gutted it hasn't cured it but at least you have a spangly r32 pedal to look pretty :D

sounds very odd that its running fine but not revving, could it be something to do with the throttle body?

Nah the throttle body is fine as it positions itself when you turn the ignition on as it's supposed to, but it faffs about for a while which is obviously because it's not detecting the pedal for the position etc.

But yeah on a plus note the the pedal sure does look nice 8)

well just for some further info, if you disconnect the pedal is does not throw up any errors for vagcom to pick up. I did it to mine today and nothing came back. car started and idled with no pedal.

have you tried a mk4 pedal?

well just for some further info, if you disconnect the pedal is does not throw up any errors for vagcom to pick up. I did it to mine today and nothing came back. car started and idled with no pedal.

have you tried a mk4 pedal?

Yeah the car stars and idles fine mate, just won't rev and VAG-COM error is saying Accelerator Signal Too Low or something along those lines. Stays the same with the pedal disconnected. But if you say yours isn't throwing errors when the pedal is disconnected then it must be something else :scratch: Well Kev will be ringing Vince tomorrow so hopefully he'll have an idea!

Haven't tried the mk4 pedal no, not sure if it works with mk5 or not :confused4:

Roberto when are you getting your new pedal? Will you be bringing the C to Edition 38?

Hurry up and finish it you slacker!

Jeez Chris read the thread a bit before posting :roll: :lol: already got the new pedal and it still doesn't work so won't be making it to edition unless I can figure out in the week what's wrong, fix it and fit the pedal etc by the weekend!!

meh. :|

Thought the pedal you needed was on back order.... Use some ohms law calculations and go buy either an iccle battery or resistor from maplins. 8) Jobeth doneth. :D

you could idle your way to edition 38 :)

i bet it does about 16mph in top idling lol

yes my mk4 r32 setup throws no errors with the pedal disconnected.

More investigation required!

Sounds like a weird problem Rob.. good luck with getting it sorted. Stupid question but if you've connected / disconnected various pedals, etc the car isn't expected an ECU reset to clear the fault code before it'll recognise them is it..?! :)

Has to be said, this is one of those areas where 'new technology' kinda sucks - a regular old throttle cable attached to the pedal would be so much easier!! :)

MK5 ECU definitely reports the fault:-

"Accelerator position - G79 - Signal too low"

"Accelerator position - G185 - Signal too low"

Both of these pots are in the pedal and since both cannot be seen by the ECU, I'm leaning towards a ground track issue or as Pete G mentioned, there could be a subtle difference in the way some of the VAG ME7s are wired up, although the ECU pin outs go to where they're supposed to, so it's all a bit :scratch:

Time for the carburettors and points I think! :lol:

interesting...

I would have thought the accelerator pedal setup would be pretty universal, I mean there would be no benefit in changing it around at all.

I thought i had knackered my pedal at the weekend as i cut and welded the actual pedal bit, and it threw up a load of errors when i refitted it, but it turns out by some weird coincidence the plug into the haldex controller on the rear diff decided to play up.

this doesnt help you at all though, so sorry!

keep at it dude

Indeed, but that doesn't stop VW mucking around!

I can see why a TDI pedal wouldn't work as diesels don't have throttles and the whole idea of DBW is all 4 pots must match (2 in the pedal, 2 in the throttle) exactly as a safety failsafe, so obviously the TDI pedal has no throttle pots to reference against. As for the petrol pedals, they should all be the same, save for some stylish chrome coverings etc :shrug:

LOL, yours is still going well then by the sound of it :lol:

I've tried Googling the error codes but anyone else who's had them have had other faults at the same time and when they cure them they are all fixed! Nothing so far has linked in with the pedal :( Hopefully Vince will have some ideas!

Meanwhile I thought I'd post some pics of 'The Daily' as gave it a good clean yesterday and thought it deserved some appreciation. Not a bad daily, certainly better than the Mk2 Polo Squareback I had last year :lol: It's not perfect though, something is dodgy causing the turbo to just come in whenever it feels like it and only at about half boost when it does, so it's gutless at the min :( comfy though and quiet 8)

I've tried Googling the error codes but anyone else who's had them have had other faults at the same time and when they cure them they are all fixed! Nothing so far has linked in with the pedal :( Hopefully Vince will have some ideas!

Meanwhile I thought I'd post some pics of 'The Daily' as gave it a good clean yesterday and thought it deserved some appreciation. Not a bad daily, certainly better than the Mk2 Polo Squareback I had last year :lol: It's not perfect though, something is dodgy causing the turbo to just come in whenever it feels like it and only at about half boost when it does, so it's gutless at the min :( comfy though and quiet 8)

Nice daily, your power issues are most likely coked up vanes in the turbo. Search Innotec Turbo Cleaner in google and you will find its a common issue with vag diesals.

Nice daily, your power issues are most likely coked up vanes in the turbo. Search Innotec Turbo Cleaner in google and you will find its a common issue with vag diesals.

Yeah heard about the variable vanes being stuck, thank for the info on the Innotec stuff though, will give that a try!

nice motor mate, I am considering one of those in avant form myself.

how much did that set you back if you dont mind me asking?

nice audi mate, is it your moms old one??

edited due to supercharged noticing my spelling mistake, :lol:

something is dodgy causing the turbo to just come in whenever it feels like it and only at about half boost when it does, so it's gutless at the min :( comfy though and quiet 8)

You're not kidding! When I followed you back from Stealth the acceleration wasn't proportional to the amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust :lol: