Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

pictures........... want to see the exhaust...............

(impatient as ever :wink: )

He's just building up the anticipation before we see the final product :) Worth the wait IMO

I was going to say, 'wetting our appetite', but that'll let Tom loose again!

Its a lovely sunny day down in Pompey today so if i finish work early (i really hope i do), ill roll her out the garage and get some photies of the exhaust. I am a little bit pleased with it..

Here it is then, no sunny back ground im afraid, these were taken in the dark in the garage but im sure youll get the idea... :)

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

Looking good matey, think i'll be spending a while laid next to your car looking underneath it next sunday, And Crazy Dave's for that matter :lol:

Cheers fellas..

Im sure you dont really need to have a look under there Kip, ive seen under your motor and its stupidly clean..

yeah but like to see what the rear axle looks like now its all been sorted :)

Looking good matey, think i'll be spending a while laid next to your car looking underneath it next sunday, And Crazy Dave's for that matter :lol:

Nah, you'll only get mucky looking under mine :lol:

Ah if it rains it rains, good wash on arrival. It wont be raining in the hall... Just makes the cleaning process a bit longer.

Im not expecting a repeat of Harewood of doing show and shine after being stuck in the mud, that was a challenge..

Had a great weekend up at UDs, this is the only picture i have at the moment kindly supplied by CrazyDave as the ones itook are on other people cameras that ill get my hands on shortly..

Really pleased to have picked up an as new (literaly) steering wheel on saturday and what a huge difference it has made. Next plans starting tomorrow are tank straps off for some paint and front calipers coming off for some fresh paint..

This weekend has confirmed the point to me that im not happy with the wheels, it just doesnt have the impact id like wearing the originals so it will only be attending 1 or 2 more things until they will make way for something with a bit more of a wow factor...

DSC_00610001.jpg

Nice photo :D

Think you're right though, wheels are perhaps the biggest factor in how the car is perceived. 15" rims (nice though they are) don't have much of an impact anymore. 17" rims with rubber bands hit the spot.

I thought youd like it Dave... :)

You are right about the wheels. My problem is i know ive done loads of stuff to the car but the bit that is going to make the big difference is the wheels. Small changes make good cars but these are the subtle things that you see on a close inspection. Its getting that balance for the factory + look but still giving it a bit of proper stance..

Think its a good thing im going to sea in June as there isnt much point doing anything until i come back otherwise i could feel a major purchase coming on. It will be something to look forward to while im away..

how long will you be away for Goldie? seems a shame to keep us all waiting till later in the summer :)

Im away for 3 months so will miss everything this year. May change but its looking fairly likely. Guess 2009 will be when the changes get revealed then..

Seen your raddo at show mate,very clean...see you got a replacement breather :lol: sorry i did not catch up with you and others,had not much time and allot of travelling :(

But will catch up at some point :D

I think the wheels will take it to another level.

It dosen't have to be garish.

I'm sure you'll find something that will not ruin the character of the car. 8)

Agree that the wheels indeed give it the impact it may be missing Michael look at the attention Bill and Gareth's cars recieved, however it has to go deeper than just bolt on bits, it also has to be carried out well if you know what i mean? your detail skill is absoloutely awsome and very thorough.

I spent quite some time looking while you weren't there :lol: and i kid you not i'm so glad i dont have to compete against such examples like yours, andy's dave's, neil's and especially shaun's :shock:

James - yes mate i got the breather on saturday but your one got me up to Telford without oil vpour going all over the shop so im well grateful, ill bring the bit you lent me back up North (weekend after next) and will pop round and say hello if your free. Im bringing the Rado up as on the way back down im taking it to Elsecar. Looking forward to seeing how your has changed... :)

A 3 spoke revival, now your talking, i can remember when they were actually the thing to have and i remember lusting after a set of Fiesta RS Turbo 3 spokes to put on my XR2 wannabe.. Got to admit id love another Fiesta in the not to distant but that would mean bye bye Golf...

Agreed that some new wheels will set your car off nicely Michael, its beautiful as it is but like you say it just needs that something and i think wheels are the way to go! Are you still after RS's?